Jokes in the boat.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sometimes it takes a little planning but is worth it. Buddy buys a minn-cota co pilot for trolling motor and kinda rubs it in. About a month later I am in Gander Mt and they have them on sale so I buy one too except I buy two remotes and after a little reading I find out I can control his motor with my remote, just have too tune it in. We get too lake and I grab his trolling motor and hook it up just so I can tune in my remote that he don't know I have. About an hour into trolling for walleyes with bottom bouncers I figure its about time. Everytime he turns left I wait about 2 seconds and I turn it right, he brings it back and 2 second later I take it left, and so on. There is all sorts of cussing a swearing from back of boat, something about brand new chunk of s--t cabelas getting back. I am doing my best not to fall in the lake from laughing so much. Finally he starts to dig out foot control and I make the trolling motor just dance. Wrap it up in a knot, speed up, speed down, on off. Now he is p----d and askes me what so dammed funny and I hold up my control and burst into uncontrollable giggles. Glad I had my life vest on and I out weigh him by 100# cause I think he would have threw me in. So what have some of you done, cause life is short with out laughter. :;:muahaha

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of sleeping friends had gotten a light tap on their line only to jerk awake and set the hook into nothing.

Kenneth

Established Member
When your fishing partner is facing away from you lightly tap on the butt of the rod, an immediate hook-set ensues. Repeat as necessary.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit in the guys livewell, that is always good for a laugh.

Southren boy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to shore fish with a co-worker who was an ass and would always jerk his rod and scream set the hook. He left to get some food so on one of his rods he had a 3/4 weight I rolled in in to about 2 feet from shore. On the other rod I attached a 2 liter bottle full of water of course. he jerked the first one and said set the hook and when he did the weight flew by his head and bounced off his truck and left a nice dent. He was mad and he was expecting the same on the other rod so he rolled it in a little and felt the line was tight he yelled at the rest of us I got a monster on the line. when he got it in he was so mad he left. he never went fishing with the group again. That was 20 years ago and sometimes I look at my kids ad say set the hook and laugh. They have no idea what i am talking about.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
13076828_1621635248162142_6277223246230517763_n.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not all humans catch fish with sticks. This is another form of pigeonholing for the benefit of insensitive humor.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Flat day on Devil's lake. Not a breath of wind. My cousin, from MN hooks and lands the biggest pike he's ever caught in his life. This isn't really a joke, but I laugh about it to this very day. When it was safely in the livewell (was going to the taxidermist), he didn't even fish for about a half hour. Just sat there and shook, smoking cigarette after cigarette, chugging beer after beer. You'd have think he'd seen a yeti. Still makes me smile.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think LBrandt wins this contest but feel free to best him everyone.

I think the worst I've done is cut a persons line with a fillet knife as they were actively fighting a fish.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Johnr your just full of crap, just throw a Babe Ruth in there then eat it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am actually quite surprised that the trolling motor remote programming isn't more prevalent.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bite was fast, however they were really concentrated in a small area. Two boats with two couples in each. The loudmouth guy in the adjacent boat had a nice fish on and was calling for the net. So I reached out and netted it and put it in our boat. Then the yelling started. That was a couple of years ago. He still cusses about it.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad and 7 or so guys go to Canada every year, 3 per boat all week having a blast. Well so and so has his brand new skeeter up for the mission and makes sure he tells the group "no northerns in the boat!". Several hours into it, the boat owner hooks into a monster pike, easy 20+lb, when it gets to the boat my dad leans over, cuts his line, "no pike in the boat" is all he says and continued to fish.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think LBrandt wins this contest but feel free to best him everyone.

I think the worst I've done is cut a persons line with a fillet knife as they were actively fighting a fish.

I don't understand this on many levels.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you had seen how bad they were out fishing me and worse, being mean about it, you'd understand.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you had seen how bad they were out fishing me and worse, being mean about it, you'd understand.

I for one, salute you sir. Fishing is fun, not like you guys were trying to earn a living. I think I'm going to try that same trick sometime this summer.

If it all goes south - Guys, it's been real...

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a prank, but funny story.

Fishing on Sak quite a few years back up by deepwater bay. Boat next to us hooked into something pretty decent sized, fight was on for quite a while, bunch of commotion in the boat trying to get the fish landed. We were close enough to hear all the fuss. Finally they get the fish in the net, it's a pretty dam big carp. They lift it into the boat and it flops out of the next and starts flopping around on the bottom of the boat. They were laughing and swearing because they couldn't get a hold of it. We were all laughing at the shit show, finally my dad's buddy yells over, "step on that son of a bitch!" Their boat erupts in laughter and the guy sitting in the back who caught it lifts up 2 legs that were amputated at the knee. I still laugh about that sometimes.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were fishing in the Heart River one year and even though we stayed a long distance from the shore fishermen I still managed to catch one of their lines on my jig. The shore fisherman didn't notice that I had caught his line so I tell the guys in the boat to "watch this." I yanked the shore fishermans line real hard, dang near pulled his pole in the water. He flies off his chair, and runs down to the pole and set the hook. I still have the line in my hand and make it feel like there is a big fish at the end of his line. The whole time all of us in the boat just kept fishing and acted like we didn't notice what was going on. He had a few people around him watch him fight the fish, then I just threw his line in the water. I wish we would have thought about it at the time but we should have hooked a piece of trash to his line for him to pull in.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
We used to pull a ton of them before tournaments, with the group of guys I fish with

One year pre fishing for the DWC we had a buddy who was on really hot deep crank bite. The night before the last day of prefishing we took his tackle bag out of his boat after he went to his camper for the night and we pulled all the treble hooks off every crank bait in his box. Over 100 of them.
Another time we disconnected a buddies trolling motor batteries and then set a rubber snake on top of them in the compartment. When he checked the batteries to find the problem he about jumped right out of the boat.

Replaced another guys entire flat of crawlers with gummy worms.

theres a million more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88