Jury duty

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would hate to be on the Jury for the Floyd murder trial in Mpls. The Jurors are pretty much the only ones that hear ALL of the evidence but it will not matter for arm chair quarterbacks who think they know everything. It will be juror protection program if..after hearing all the evidence, they come back with a not guilty verdict versus assuming he must be guilty.

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am assuming it was by the states attorney? This sounds awfully shady

Not shady at all. It’s how the lawyers learn what parts of their presentation were effective and what wasn’t. Jurors aren’t obligated or required to talk to the lawyers if they prefer not to. Simply say I’d rather not talk to you and walk away if you wish.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am usually excused - however when i was able to serve - it was a couple calls and nothing.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got selected for jury duty again. Last year it was Fed jury duty, this time its local. I was able to be excused from federal by writing and asking to be excused. I wrote and asked to be excused this time as well as they always select me during calving time. I was denied, I hope the trial gets settled before the time. Maybe I should have asked to trade trial dates to a different time of year. I should have just thrown that first letter away and acted like it was lost in the mail.

In our county if you don't show up for the jury selection they send out someone from the sheriff's department to bring you in.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been notified to report for jury duty here in San Jose, CA when we are in ND at Metigoshe and there is no way to explain the situation I am in. No phone # to call and talk to anyone, nothing. I just ignore the summons now. Let them send someone to the house - nobody home!!!

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
In our county if you don't show up for the jury selection they send out someone from the sheriff's department to bring you in.

A buddy of mine was selected and forgot to go in when he was supposed to. County deputy pulled in his yard and seen him working on a roof, just turned around and left.

I'm law and order all they way so I'll probably go in on the day as required but I won't be happy about it. If they were to send a deputy out to bring me in, first he'd have a tough time finding me during calving and if he did I'd probably be smeared up with cow shit, tired, and crabby. I'd make sure to wipe the cow shit off my boots in his car as I'd hate to track up the courthouse.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been notified to report for jury duty here in San Jose, CA when we are in ND at Metigoshe and there is no way to explain the situation I am in. No phone # to call and talk to anyone, nothing. I just ignore the summons now. Let them send someone to the house - nobody home!!!

Tell them you have symptoms consist with covid, and your test was negative. "I'm sneezing and coughing a lot, still want me to report for duty?"

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell them you have symptoms consist with covid, and your test was negative. "I'm sneezing and coughing a lot, still want me to report for duty?"

They'd probably make you come for an anal swab to check you for covid.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
All kidding aside, I would be happy to fulfill my duty as an American, and serve on a jury. I've been called a couple of times, but never selected.

If you have a legitimate reason for not doing it, they understand. I once was called, but was leaving the country for a planned trip, and they excused me. I was going overseas to pick up my new daughter! They understood.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88