justice is BLIND

sloughshark

There was a felony assault a couple weeks ago and the person that did it won't be charged because he is an informer for the law enforcement in the county. I don't think this is right, what are your thoughts.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a felony assault a couple weeks ago and the person that did it won't be charged because he is an informer for the law enforcement in the county. I don't think this is right, what are your thoughts.
Did he beat the shit out of a good guy or a bad guy ?

sloughshark

The assault was on a woman in her fifties, a few bones broke. I can't give to many details because of law suit, just asking opinions

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
FZ6RgJR.png

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try not to form opinions on things with only bits of information on any subject. That isn’t healthy and leads to quite a few of the problems we are currently experiencing as a nation

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is allot of this goin on last month in McKenzie cty there was a high speed chase in a stolen truck the women driving spent 2 days in jail and was released because she was an informant it is completely bs in my opinion

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member

Never happened.

We all know LEOs are knights in shining armor who do no wrong.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was in fact a male that beat a female bad enough to break a few bones then I've heard enough to form a solid opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

is this drug related ?

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just like social media, most of what we hear on the streets is mostly bs. Confidential informants are a double edge sword and are used mostly as a last resort, New laws have been passed to cover there use. In my former life,I would never use an informant that was charged with a crime of violence and had a victim somewhere out there. Most CI's used in high profile cases had to be approved by the state's attorney. Would I use a CI charged with burglary to convict someone charged with murder? You bet. Would I use a CI charged with domestic
violence to grab a low level pot dealer? Nope. CI's are motivated by different reasons and one has to watch for that. Sometimes it's money, to get a lesser charge, revenge, etc. This all has to be taken into consideration. It would be much better if the citizenry would get more involved and just maybe, LE could rely on CI's less.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The use of informants is complete BS IMO. Law enforcment should send in their own under cover agents. Making deals with criminals is a slippery slope.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Informants are just that not above law…and a dime a dozen now a days, if LEO are doing their job right this should not be an issue … most cases I have seen LEO gets lazy with current situation and does not purse new avenues, giving preferential when it is not due …

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back The Blue

I back the blue 100 % but I'm not so sure that I'm ok with convicted criminals in LE . In most cases they have already proven that they have no morals and will lie cheat and steal to get through the day.

On the other end of that spectrum is the college kid from wahpeton that was offered a chance to " get out of trouble" and ended up in a body bag, Probably because he was pushed in over his head.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Andrew_Sadek

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would I use a CI charged with burglary to convict someone charged with murder? You bet. Would I use a CI charged with domestic
violence to grab a low level pot dealer? Nope. CI's are motivated by different reasons and one has to watch for that. Sometimes it's money, to get a lesser charge, revenge, etc. This all has to be taken into consideration. It would be much better if the citizenry would get more involved and just maybe, LE could rely on CI's less.

what are the general requirements/restrictions for evidence involving a CI ? Is it his word against others in the courtroom or is everything documented with video and or audio ? I agree if people would get more involved but can you imagine how many wild goose chases you would have .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless it was Hillary.::::;:::::;: Don't want to be on a Clinton hit list. Liberals love to take humor serious.

I think we would be surprised how many lists there are and how many people are on them. I sent an email to Doug Goehring asking about the 2018 hemp program and his opinion on using hemp as wildlife habitat. I forget the exact wording on the disclaimer in the response but I was informed that I was on a list.

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back, Sort of. It depends how you interpret it .

Disclaimer: “This email and any attachments may be subject to disclosure to a third party upon request under North Dakota open records laws.”

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66