Kratom

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it must be that "he treats me like an uneducated country boy" complex that drives your need to push back. I can't help that you feel like that.

I come from poverty. I grew up on food stamps, gov't cheese, and living in a POS trailer court. My dad was a cheating alcoholic who left hi wife and sons to fend for themselves.

Most of my relatives are blue collar salt of the earth types. My brother never graduated high school and has been a driller - that's right, a driller - his entire adulthood. And I've always admired him for it - just as I admire you for drilling career. Neither of you needed anything but your brains and hands to make a living. My oldest brother was a professional. It was he and my step-dad that had to browbeat me into pursuing secondary education. None of it came from my own drive or inclination. What I've achieved has generally landed in my lap by a gracious God to be honest.

I have an extreme aversion to conspiracy theory rhetoric or people making what I feel are trumped up claims. That's the role I play in my professional career BTW - so it's not like I choose to torture just NDA people with my need for scientific credibility. I spread the misery around the globe actually. : )

And I stated here in this thread that I am easily addicted and don't trust ebay to supply me with an addictive herb. So I'll pass on Kratom.

You got insulted because it was me making the statement, not because what I said wasn't true.

You and others can think what you want of me. I can sleep at night because I really do try to get to deal with the facts and steer people clear of junk science. The "natural" label has been abused since the 60s. I've had a bellyful of people using it to defend things that don't warrant defending. So yes, everyone can gtfoh with that "yeah but it's natural" BS because that's what it is Davey, BS.

p.s. I'm not actually wealthy - I just like pretending I am on NDA.
sorry to hear all that. Except the cheese part. That shit was actually really good

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peanut butter was pretty key to. Had some fun times in the old trailer park with the other kids right by the big sioux river

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I normally wouldn't be so open - but the thought that Davey thinks I look down on him because of his income or his work makes me nauseous. It's so not who I am or what I'm about.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can’t wait to toss a limit of big pig spring walleyes in cooler

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I have to say is that if the tables were turned and it was your wife that had been prescribed everything imaginable and you encouraged her to quit the opioids and asked a question about another option for treatment that might be less invasive I wouldn't tell you to get the hell out of here. That's pretty intimidating to some people . You seem to feel that prescribed medications are golden and pure but some plant based treatments are the devil at work. I used to feel that way too but science, facts, and history tend to make me leary about some medications and ask questions about other options.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
interesting thread, we all come from different stations in life, I don't really see people looking down at one another, sure some people get more respect than others. But that is a direct reflection of how you present yourself.... March 18th weatherman is saying 40°F in Dickinson, going to walmart to buy a new speedo (but keeping the tags on, can't afford that type of luxury)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you got it wrong - I'm not criticizing your search and hope your wife gets help. My defense of big pharma was isolated to the purity of the compounds. We went through that already. Go back and look.

I'm criticizing using "it's natural" as pass for risks, etc. "It's natural" means virtually nothing substantial when it comes to your wife's issues or her ability to find relief. Who cares if it was made in a lab from ingredients from another planet, an alchemist, or from Himalayan snow berries.... as long as it provides more benefits than negatives?

Anyway - I'm done. I hope you find relief for her - and I really couldn't care less where that help comes from as long as it doesn't hurt other innocent people.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
big pharma sure gets a bad rap. wonder where we would be without those mofos?

I agree, Life would be pretty short and sucky without big pharma and the medical industry. The problem is a few extremists at both ends , Like the link you provided where some are totally against vaccines and meds. Then big pharma spending millions every year lobbying against cannabis and the government claiming it had no medicinal value yet they were giving it out to patients for medicine and filing patents on it. "Junk science" on both ends of the spectrum is very real. Lack of moderation and self discipline by people putting anything in their body seems to ruin it for those that could benefit.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
May fishing tournament changed from open water to ice fishing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 67