Kuiu or Sitka

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leoadventures will get you Sitka discounts if you are active military, police, teacher, etc...

Where can you get the Jetstream for the price of the Guide? A guy can never have too many options :D. That being said, I have the Guide and I use it in every season minus the summer. Very versatile jacket that is currently my favorite piece of outerwear.

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this post has made helped me come to my decision. Going to get the Jetstream to battle the wind. Thanks for all the opinions

Re: guide jacket

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ndweimer
I am in the market for a new jacket and had it narrowed down to Kuiu Guide or the Sitka Jetstream. Curious as to why your selling the Guide and want the Jetstream?

Hello. They are about a horse a piece and depends on what your looking for. I always wore Sitka and sold my Jetstream a few years ago to try the kuiu craze everyone was on. ha. The wind really cut through the guide jacket up in Alaska. I didn't like that at all. The Jetstream has windstopper and that really works good on the Jacket. jet stream also has bigger pit zips. the fit of the kuiu is better for me because it is a couple inches longer. The Jetstream is shorter with a pack or glassing. I am 6' 190 and wear a xl in both, but more room in the kuiu to layer.

Hope this helps a little, but the windstopper is my deciding factor so I will give up a little on the fit to stay a touch warmer.​

progress.gif
Reply to Private Message Forward

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which Sitka pants does every body prefer? Ive been looking at the timberlines. Hopeing to find somthing i can use all seasons.

Staying with Sitka as I get a good discount.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33