Lake Access Post Storm

Hoffer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw on IFND facebook that totten trail is open but todays wind could change things. Not sure which ramp is Cabin. I have a friend whos never been out before coming in. I was planning on taking the ice castle to totten trail on thursday. Maybe warmer weather will compress the snow and refreeze. I was thinking taking the Otter hub to fish in if the snow is too deep and leave the trailer at the access to sleep in. If thats allowed. It probabaly is not on the refuge side
I saw a bunch of ice castles/pickups at totten trail from hwy 83 when I left this morning. I didn’t go down to check it out, but it seemed like they were getting around ok. Not sure how it looks after this wind and snow we got today.

This is the cabin ramp, BTW:
1672026717252.png

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Thankyou. Thats the only access I havent been too. It sounds like Ill be able to try it later this week. Ill try to post my findings. Maybe I can find some smallmouth off those highway rocks.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a bunch of ice castles/pickups at totten trail from hwy 83 when I left this morning. I didn’t go down to check it out, but it seemed like they were getting around ok. Not sure how it looks after this wind and snow we got today.

This is the cabin ramp, BTW:
1672026717252.png
The cabin ramp is a 3/4 dic pic?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone been out to West Lake by Napoleon? I was hoping to take the kids out this week while they are off school. Young kids so I really don't want to do anything stupid and get buried while they are with.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buffalo Lodge. Snowmobile or trax only pretty much. Buddies sent er and got burried over and over. I sat at the ramp and watched til they got out and then went home.

NodakBob

Honored Member
Tried crappie creek area at Heart Butte...couldnt get to boat ramp with our truck. Fished 15-30’ from 9-4 pm...got nuttin

NodakBob

Honored Member
P.s. ice was 15” with no water coming up. Boat ramp on south side from us was being used for lake access

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its going to be a year where the fish win.
I hope your right but very worried about winter kill with this snow this early. If we have to the wind hopefully it keeps some of the snow blown off the lakes but not holding my breath on that.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope your right but very worried about winter kill with this snow this early. If we have to the wind hopefully it keeps some of the snow blown off the lakes but not holding my breath on that.
This^^^^^ will be a big concern this year again .

DakotaGreg

Established Member
As mentioned above, I spent two days at Totten Trail on Audubon in an ice castle. There are dozens of castles launched off the ramp. Pickups, ATVs, plows, etc. going back and forth along the north bank. Some people are getting further out off on the their own. There is a plowed trail running east that I stayed on and fished near that but it was starting to drift in when I left. It looks safe to drive anywhere by avoiding large drifts but I didn't chance getting stuck. Fishing was awful. No pike and two little walleye. The few fish that came in on the sonar did not seem very active.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard there was like 5 trucks all stuck at the same time down at nelson today. Must be a mess.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28