Lake Metigoshe

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed up there with the kids for the weekend. Just wondering what a guy can expect? Is it a decent walleye lake? I know it has some giant gills but I'm going to save those for when the kids are in the boat.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
My in-laws live on the lake. You can catch some decent walleye there. Can be very hit or miss tho.

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Green weeds that are developing are key to finding active fish. Try Hahn's Bay and hit the point, fish it out to the mud. Also out in front of the old scout camp there is great small patch of weeds. Fish the Bullrushes and drift the edge in about 6 feet. As you get to the edge where the rushes stop, the bottom turns out about 2 feet deeper and the bigger walleye hang there. On the south side of the main road, there is a small island, this too holds fish, but not as consistent or big as other areas for me.
I jig but also slip bobber with leech once fish are found! Hope this helps, good luck

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
have only caught 3 or 4 walleyes in 15 trips up there in the last 2 years..... But it doesn't help that I mainly target gills up there

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the tips I just got up here and it's raining of course. My dad was able to get a 19 inch tagged walleye yesterday

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 334
  • This month: 231
  • This month: 193
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 73