Lake Winnipeg Gear

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple auger extensions. As fish tend to school around the pressure ridges. Ice gets pretty thick along them

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the info guys! I can't wait to get up there...the next 3 months cannot go fast enough.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Do any of you guys use a hard sided rod case? if so which brand do you recommend ?? - some of those long runs can get a bit bumpy so looking to upgrade my softside.. I usually have a backpack if running a short distance but something for long runs would be nice.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
424245_ts.jpg

I use this and really like it. Was originally looking at the otter hard case but wanted something with lots of storage pockets. This clam case is quite rigid but not hard (like after a long night of drinking whiskey). I like it other than the ugly color. At the end of the season last year cabelas had the exact same thing only black with their logo and about half price.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're going to want more than one rod. Run a deadstick with a minnow wherever you are. I had 10lb fireline crystal with a four foot section of 10lb fluoro attached to a variety of lipless cranks. We were up in january so it was impossible to fish outside unless you wanted everything to freeze up. You're going to want a variety of jackal's, live targets, rippin raps, spoons, and some dirtymike customs.

I will vouch yet again for these dirtymikes. My last two open water walleyes of the year (two nights ago) came on his orange tiger #11 Rapalas. Another fall in the books, and finished with this same lure.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll never use a soft case again. I broke more rod tips than I care to say. The hard case is cumbersome but I know all my rods are protected.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rod holders on the back and side of my ATV rack. Don't have to screw with a case and don't have to worry about busted rods.

IMG_6819.jpg

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, double strap holds it in place real nice. The bottom strap holds it down against the holder, and the top strap holds it against a groove in the holder. I think they're made by Beaver Dam.

IMG_6819a.jpg

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This one is a BEAST but it fits everything I need. So it's worth figuring out how to haul it around.

There are two different foam inserts available. One is a rod/tackle combo - the other maximizes space just for rods.

beanman82

Be prepared to have some things break if it's your first trip up. Buy a good rod case and tie everything down good. I have two inline reels and like them , but I will use the others as well. Rattlin raps work very good there too at a fraction of the cost of the live targets. (of which I have several) slender spoons work good too. We buy the live minnows there, they are expensive but what the heck it's fishing. One live minnow on a hook about six to eight feet from the hole you're jigging and you will have results. To hold the minnow or piece of any bait on the hook bring a flat wide rubber band and cut off pieces and put on your hook to hold the bait on.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47