Collectibles

NodakBob

Honored Member
I seemed to accumulate a lot of shit that could be considered collectible…antique outdoor rec (archery, fishing, etc), even collected a few ex wives but those lose their value too fast…now I’m downsizing, have more stuff than I can fit on my shop mancave walls

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hoping to add to a 2 cyl John Deere collection
I still like tinkering with tractors too. I stick with Farmall because I use them daily in the summer and have a bunch of extra parts to keep them running. Implements seem harder to find than the tractors , there must have been at least one or two for almost every tractor but they must have been scrap iron when bigger equipment came out.
I have picked up some pretty impressive traps at auction sales! Kind of ironic as I am selling the majority of my user traps?

Did you happen to snag onto any traps at the Swanson sale last summer ? I saw at least 2 bear traps on the trailers and they looked like nice traps.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I also started collecting favorite rifles. I inherited one from my grandpa when he passed and my dad had one. Just picked up another a couple summers ago. All are savages but some day would like to find a nice original stevens.

Smuscha

Like to collect old power line insulators, most ive personally taken down but a few fandoms from garage sales. Mostly hemmingrays of different shades and styles. Still searching for a Pyrex. Bad part is there isn’t a lot of old left out there still in service.

Also like to collect discontinued Rapalas.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like guns. Nothing special, just utilitarian firearms. Savage rifles, cheap bullpup or pistol-gripped shotguns, pistols heavy enough to disable an assailant when thrown after they jam, etc. And, ammunition for those guns.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a Henry AR-7, just because I thought the concept was cool...worthless gun, if I'm honest.

Bought a couple Russi 3-barrel system (20 guage, .22, .243) years ago for my boys. Really wanted to love them, because it would make a great under-the-pickup-seat gun, but .243 was especially worthless.

Ruger 10-22 takedown wasn't yet available, but would likely Trump both of these. Who has one? Reviews?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not intended to be a collection, but every time a brighter flashlight or headlight comes out -------- I have drawers full of old headlights.
I find them useful for ice fishing. I set a head lamp next to each tip up or jaw jacker when the sun sets, so I can easily see them. Must have 20 lights/lamps.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find them useful for ice fishing. I set a head lamp next to each tip up or jaw jacker when the sun sets, so I can easily see them. Must have 20 lights/lamps.
I might need to start doing this

NodakBob

Honored Member
Here’s a couple pics of some of my outdoor rec collections…
IMG_3404.jpeg
IMG_3407.jpeg
including beer fridge stickers!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93