Lake Winnipeg master angler landing!

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
WHAT A FISH!! I'm glad I just bought a bigger rod for the Big Windy for when I go back on the 19th.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHA that's funny!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when we were kids my grandparents had a cabin in northern MN. We spent the entire summer with them. We were 12-13 and all we did was fish. If we weren't in the boat we were trapping leaches or seining for minnows. We would fish all week and just stay on the walleyes, we always knew where they were. The locals caught on to us and started to follow us on the weekends when they all showed up. So on the weekend we would just go to some random spot where we knew there weren't any fish, and sure enough we would have 3-4 boats around us after a while.

Grandpa kept a big old lead decoy weight tied to a bleach jug in the boat for a marker. We would take that weight off and tie it on our line and start pulling it up. The old fiberglass rods would just bend right over into the water! The whole time we would be yelling and making a scene, "Holy shit! Get the god damn net!" kind of stuff! We would turn the boat so they couldn't see what we were pulling up, swoop it up with the net and keep fishing. We'd repeat it a couple times over an hour and then leave for a different spot. Ha-ha...great times.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34