Lottery in process!!!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hoping by Friday they will have it posted. I'm not going to get a tag anyways but it's always nice to hope.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really trying not to get my hopes up.... but i have a 60% chance according to last years statistics

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't ever remember licenses being out before the 4th of July. It's was usually around this time of year. I know at one time they said they wanted them out by the time the state fair started because they had a booth there and they would have the results available to people at the fair.

I do, twas a long time ago though. The reason I got was that long ago, they would withhold a certain portion of tags for gratis and then hold the lottery. Once that was done, they would take care of the gratis tags.

Now, they verify the gratis tags before holding the lottery with the idea that it will make a few more tags available for the lottery. Which means it takes longer for us to find out.

BTW - 8andcounting - my early comment was a little sarcasm.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got negative rep? Dang.

I applied in 4C as well. 4 points.

no i got ne rep'd for some reason haha

i got 6 points

4db1e8eb27b78014f975bd0f233ca0d5680a6a1eadf1f7bce0c31447e607fd16.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't ever remember licenses being out before the 4th of July. It's was usually around this time of year. I know at one time they said they wanted them out by the time the state fair started because they had a booth there and they would have the results available to people at the fair.

yep i bet 6 -8 years ago they would always be out around the 4th. i would run over to my wifes uncles lake cabin at the hook cuz they had internet, this was before smart phones and we would all check our apps.

there certanily was a time they were out around the 4th

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do remember a few years they were out around the 4th but most years I remember finding out while we were pre fishing the week before the gov cup

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep i bet 6 -8 years ago they would always be out around the 4th. i would run over to my wifes uncles lake cabin at the hook cuz they had internet, this was before smart phones and we would all check our apps.

I am pretty sure the NDGF has explained the reason for the additional 2 week delay to what we have now vs some years ago is the Gratis Tag situation.

If I remember right, this is a simplified version of the situation...
High tag number days
100,000 tags total
estimated 30,000 to gratis and so removed 30,000 tags from lottery pool
ran the lotteries with 70,000 tags available and reported results
then spent following weeks issuing gratis tags

New way with low tag numbers
60,000 tags total
start with gratis applications and issue or allocate the exact amount of tags
29,456 tags go to gratis (are subtracted from 60,000 total)
Begin lottery with 30,544 tags available

So they claim this new sequence will benefit the people in the lottery because it will take advantage of all possible buck tags available. In the example above 544 addition tags were added to the lottery that wouldn't be there if they kept the old process.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hell I just looked thru some old emails and I got an email on July 1, 2010 that I was successful in that years drawing.

- - - Updated - - -

Get rid of the damn paper apps already FFS!:mad:

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also the example numbers above should highlight the true reduction in tags for the lottery. I could be wrong on this, but I am pretty sure gratis licenses have not been reduced, but are included in all the published deer tags available.

So when the game and fish says tags have been reduced 40% (100,000 to 60,000) that isn't incorrect, but it is a much more severe drop in available tags for the majority of people who cant get a gratis tag. 70,000 reduced to 30,000 (assuming 30,000 to gratis). That's a reduction of available lottery tags of 57%.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had a computer that slow I would either call IT our BUY A NEW ONE!! :;:deadhorse

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of checks that need to be done before and after the lottery before we make the results public.

We will not be releasing any public results until Monday at the earliest

Sincerely,

Randy Meissner
Licensing Manager
ND Game & Fish Department
100 N Bismarck Expressway
Bismarck, ND 58501-5095
Phone (701) 328-6336
Fax (701) 328-6374
rmeissner@nd.gov
http://gf.nd.gov/

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^ I copy and pasted my email response back from Randy

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Soon the glee, uncontrollable giggling, teeth gashing, sobbing, ranting, new gun and ammo buying plus lots of "stuff" we really don't need for killing the 30 point buck. Some prayers will be answered, some will wait for another year as I have for the last 8 for muzzy and 4 for any kind of rifle. Best luck to all, its time for supper.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17