Lyme Disease in dogs

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got off the phone with the vet and he is thinking my GSP might have it. It started about 3 weeks ago she was favoring her back leg. I brushed it off as nothing and let her rest for a couple days and she was better. Now tonight same thing but with her front leg. Have a appointment first thing in the morning. Anyone have any experience with this. My kids are scared she is not going to be ok. Both of them fell asleep using the dog as a pillow tonight.

sd fisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My lab got it on three different occasions even though we gave him all the treatments. 1st time just a limp for a couple days. Second time very high fever for two days and a little limping. Third time very high fever for about a week and a couple weeks of being extremely stiff. Did not seem to have any long lasting effects.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
That sucks. I had a scare that my daughter got it. Had the classic bullseye bug bite. Luckily it was not.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Took her to the vet there test didn't come up anything. But a guess there are 3 other types that don't show up in there test. They sent blood off for more tests will know more Wednesday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12