Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jay Kay have you been in a legal marijuana shop?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a handful of people who smoke weed and almost all of them are very responsible, successful people just like the majority of the people who drink. I haven't smoked since college but if it passes I probably will occasionally, just like I occasionally drink. Not that big of a deal IMO. Yes for me.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are injuries up or is it just that people are reporting them because before many companies required a drug test anytime there was an injury to help limit workforce safety claims.

Had a luncheon today in which Measure 3 was discussed. 2 interesting tidbits... Workplace tardiness is up in states and countries that have recreational use permitted and workplace injuries are also up. I can only state these as "fact" brought up in the luncheon.

Measure 3 also reverses previous state laws that are contrary to what Measure 3 wants (ie: will potentially be legal to smoke MJ in bars but not cigarettes) as it clearly states that it will supercede all laws previous that are contrary to the language in this measure.

Still a NO for me.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think of the employment opportunities with a shop that is open 7 days a week. Then take that times a giant nation and economy like the United STates. Right now the underground economy is making the money and that fuels crime. Isn’t it better if people buy their weed in a nice clean and legal shop vs from drug dealers? The shops I have seen are much safer than most corner liquor stores.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a handful of people who smoke weed and almost all of them are very responsible, successful people just like the majority of the people who drink.
What I remember from college is a few like you mention, but most total losers. Most were not there more than half a year and they were out the door. Heeey maaaan why go to like classssss maaaaaaan. Puff puff.

We never have had a war on drugs. A war on drugs would include execution for smuggling drugs.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are injuries up or is it just that people are reporting them because before many companies required a drug test anytime there was an injury to help limit workforce safety claims.

I don't know the answer to that. That is why "fact" was in quotations. No reason not to believe them as they seem plausible; but more detail would improve the argument. I couldn't stick around after the luncheon to drill down on the statements.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think of the employment opportunities with a shop that is open 7 days a week. Then take that times a giant nation and economy like the United STates. Right now the underground economy is making the money and that fuels crime. Isn’t it better if people buy their weed in a nice clean and legal shop vs from drug dealers? The shops I have seen are much safer than most corner liquor stores.

Think of all the jobs there will be for those damn pot heads.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I remember from college is a few like you mention, but most total losers. Most were not there more than half a year and they were out the door. Heeey maaaan why go to like classssss maaaaaaan. Puff puff.

We never have had a war on drugs. A war on drugs would include execution for smuggling drugs.

Imagine that the Bible thumper judging others...

- - - Updated - - -

Think of all the jobs there will be for those damn pot heads.

Haha exactly it would be like us fisherman having a career in what we love! Hahhaah

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member

Did the weed make them lazy or were they already lazy and just ended up smoking a bunch of weed? I think its a fair question. I don't know to many super motivated people that started smoking weed and turned into piles of shit. I do know guys that were already piles and then started smoking a bunch of weed and continued to be piles.

There was a time in my life i hung out with quite a few Med students, many of them smoked weed and some even harder shit. None of them flunked out of med school, they are all MD's now.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You. Is mj a gateway drug or not? The pro mj crowd wants it both ways it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm out... the zealot behavior is being played. No longer a clean, rational debate. Old wive's tales are being used to badger people who have certain positions.

Nay voters are out of touch dimwits with no clue how the real world works. Seen it a zillion times on NDA and I know when the rational debate's over.

Have fun!

See you when the votes are tallied.

So what is your plan keep marijuana illegal and have illegal drugs continue to poor in from Mexico? If I could snap my finger and make booze and drugs be gone from this earth that would be an ideal scenario. But that is impossible And people are not going to stop using MJ. The judge and lock up approach does not work and quite frankly marijuana shouldn’t even be a worry when the real problem is our pharmacies selling billions of opioids.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member

There were a few like that. But there were way more guys that drank all night and were too hungover to get their ass out of bed the next day for class.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know the answer to that. That is why "fact" was in quotations. No reason not to believe them as they seem plausible; but more detail would improve the argument. I couldn't stick around after the luncheon to drill down on the statements.

it must be true it sounds like they were quoting facts out of the vote no on measure mailer.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There were a few like that. But there were way more guys that drank all night and were too hungover to get their ass out of bed the next day for class.

I usually did both but still made it to class and got straight B’s. Not super proud of it but I definitely had a lot of fun, and still got that bullshit piece of paper that says I can get a real job for just a small fortune..

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which reminds me, I want my 21 year old body back. That low mileage machine had a lot of pep.:;:rockit

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Which reminds me, I want my 21 year old body back. That low mileage machine had a lot of pep.:;:rockit

2 day hangovers are bs. I actually have to plan weekends with a recovery day when I’m drinking with boys now.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 day hangovers are bs. I actually have to plan weekends with a recovery day when I’m drinking with boys now.

me the next morning for fishing... if I stay up and leg wrestle with the boys

10-horrible-things-hangovers-do-to-your-body-2-20544-1536177571-0_dblbig.jpg

now you know why the old timer mysteriously disappears around drink number five or so

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Consider who is pushing for this the most, the drug cartel. We don't need this legalized for recreational purposes at all. Our kids have enough to sort out already, adding this to the pile of vices is not going to help society in any way shape or form.

Research what is happening in Colorado first, and tell me it's a good thing on any stretch of the imagination.

This couldn't be anymore backwards. A vote no is a vote to stand with the cartels not the other way around silly.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
me the next morning for fishing... if I stay up and leg wrestle with the boys

10-horrible-things-hangovers-do-to-your-body-2-20544-1536177571-0_dblbig.jpg

now you know why the old timer mysteriously disappears around drink number five or so

Maybe smoke reefer instead of drinking?

- - - Updated - - -

This couldn't be anymore backwards. A vote no is a vote to stand with the cartels not the other way around silly.

Haha this is why arguments online are so productive...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49