Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
As of today, you boys can take a fall fishing trip to Canada and take another trip while you're there. :;:smokin

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Achucker's doing an admirable job of debating without insults or name-calling. Can't fault him for that.

- - - Updated - - -

So how is this all going to work in Canada? Buy it at store - take it back to your hote... I mean home? How does this work exactly?

Asking for a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

coffee houses like Amsterdam?

- - - Updated - - -

grow your own only?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Achucker's doing an admirable job of debating without insults or name-calling. Can't fault him for that.

- - - Updated - - -

So how is this all going to work in Canada? Buy it at store - take it back to your hote... I mean home? How does this work exactly?

Asking for a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

coffee houses like Amsterdam?

- - - Updated - - -

grow your own only?

Its a province by province thing. Some can only be bought in state owned stores, some you can grow your own.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy has a qualifying condition for medical MJ in ND but also owns a handgun for home defense, conceal carry, and target practice. Our understanding is that if he were to get a medical MJ card he would likely have to either sell his handgun or turn it in to the authorities. He would also not be able to purchase firearms in the future should he desire.

This should be an easy Yea! for all.

How has MJ negatively/directly impacted your life?
How has alcohol negatively/directly impacted your life?

This is so stupid....

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can we stop using the terms habit-forming and addiction-forming interchangeably? Alcohol and cannabis are habit-forming. Opiates are addiction-forming. There's a big difference. I've had enough. If you need me I'll be at Tim Horton's with Terry and Dean.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can we stop using the terms habit-forming and addiction-forming interchangeably? Alcohol and cannabis are habit-forming. Opiates are addiction-forming. There's a big difference. I've had enough. If you need me I'll be at Tim Horton's with Terry and Dean.

Not sure I'd agree with Alcohol not being "addiction forming". Withdrawl from opiates wont kill you but withdrawl from alcohol can. By definition that makes it more than a habit. Cannibis and Opiates are more alike in this regard.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK... Winnipeg then... how's it work in Winnipeg? My friend is quite curious.
Has your friend heard of google, or is he too lazy from smoking all that devils lettuce? I have no idea which province does what, but had read an article that it varies.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont need to be a business owner to answer that question. Businesses cannot control what their employees do in their free time if it is legal. This is a right to work state and business owners dont need a 'good reason' to fire an employee. So MJ would be treated basically how alcohol currently is, you can drink in your free time, but if you show up to work drunk, youll risk being fired. Same with weed. A lot of people dont know this, but drug testing has really decreased, except in certain professions/jobs that require it for insurance or other legal reasons. Because employeers can fire someone for basically anything, there is no need to fail a drug test for them to let an employee go.

True but if you can't prove an employee was wasted they will collect an unemployment check. You be amazed at the things that a person can do off the clock and the unemployment office will say it wasn't cause for termination. If it's one v another argument it's on the employer to prove their case. That's what you get when government employment depends on people acting shitty.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Achucker... more like @sschucker haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahah I’m kidding

That's a good argument amslow.

hahah I'm kidding

- - - Updated - - -

Has your friend heard of google, or is he too lazy from smoking all that devils lettuce? I have no idea which province does what, but had read an article that it varies.

So, if it varies province by province, even those brilliant, enlightened, forward-thinking Canadians don't have it figured out either? Sounds clear as mud.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, this conversation....

Nothing I read here changed my thoughts.

We had a good 15 page run of relatively adult debate, but now it's name-calling again...

I'm out.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is so much money involved that it will legalized. It will be a sector of the economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha just think it will bring jobs home from mexico!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a good argument amslow.

hahah I'm kidding

- - - Updated - - -

So, if it varies province by province, even those brilliant, enlightened, forward-thinking Canadians don't have it figured out either? Sounds clear as mud.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, this conversation....

Nothing I read here changed my thoughts.

We had a good 15 page run of relatively adult debate, but now it's name-calling again...

I'm out.
You mean like our state by state Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearm, Game and fish laws? Yeah those stupid Canadians that give states the right to do as they see fit:confused:

Its funny how the guys against it constantly sight examples of things that are already very common place as reasons why we shouldn't do it.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
8ef70a454a985948158167e5fff74c75--t-shirts-sarcasm.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, you need to shave your head, set a jellyfish on there and see if it'll infuse copious amounts of Prevagen by osmosis into your skull so by the time you get to the end of a paragraph you can remember what you read in the 1st sentence of that paragraph.

I've never had much of a problem remembering and comprehending what I read in the first sentence of a paragraph. When I see an opinion without comparison or reason I question why or how. It's the way I was wired at the factory, Does that bother you ?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The score is 88 to 88. What a nail biter!

But beware the October surprise.

Can anybody guess what that will be?

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's all vote no, keep the naturally occurring plant a schedule 1, and keep telling our kids how horrible it is. That way when half of them take the plunge and try it for themselves anyhow, they'll learn that we were lying to them the whole time, then they'll move on to the real drugs that are ACTUALLY dangerous and highly ADDICTIVE Thumbs Up (because after all, weed was over-hyped by the "adults"....what's the worse that can happen? weed turned out to be not-so-bad?!?)

This is so stupid......

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
so concerned parents are the reason weed is the gateway drug?

the more You know

maxresdefault.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

so this is NOT natural

800px-Opium_pod_cut_to_demonstrate_fluid_extraction1.jpg

I'm learning more on this thread that I thought was possible

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the anti's are sending out propaganda pamphlets to EVERYONE in ND that are full of lies, thatll be fun to get. Also the state is trying hard to make it look like medical is 'just around the corner' which I think is very misleading... Im a bit amazed at how much money is coming in from out of state anti 3 groups and businesses. Gotta be some collusion involved there. So far the anti groups are outspending the m3 guys over 10 to 1, and its still 50/50 in here, that says something!

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think 'concerned' parents are the problem, all parents should be concerned about their kids. The problem is when you lie to them telling them how bad all drugs are, then when they learn that one isnt, they may be more likely to believe they were lied to about everything. I dont really see that as much of an issue anymore, everyone is too connected to believe that MJ=cocaine=heroin... In the past I think this was a very real issue tho!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49