Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should start a whole strip mall. I’ll put in a cold stone creamery right next-door to your burger joint

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blows me away that when something rolls around that attempts to give us back our freedom people freak and want our freedoms suppressed.

For me it rolls down to one single thing, My Inalienable rights!
Some may have heard of these, if not read the Declaration of Independence!

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blows me away that when something rolls around that attempts to give us back our freedom people freak and want our freedoms suppressed.

I get that, I really do

but when you're surrounded by absolute miscreants who can't handle the personal responsibility made necessary with freedom - you have to make crappy choices

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ND 41 Hunter
After spending a week in Denver and walking around the Capital building, library and other public spaces, I can't believe anyone would think legalizing weed is a good thing. Literally hundreds of people laying around on the lawns with trash everywhere. I've watched documentaries on how great the supposed tax revenue was going to be, but they spend more on regulating the dispensaries and other law enforcement than is collected. The same documentary was stating how much stronger the new weed is compared to the stuff from the 70's or 80's. I believe in the medicinal part of it, but why can't it be in pill form so it doesn't cause lung damage?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but are you basing this off of a one time visit? Can you verify that it wasn't like that beforehand? And who were these documentaries by? I'd be curious to know if they were pro or con beforehand. I'm not trying to start a pissing match with you, I can't even say for sure how I feel about M3. I'm still formulating my opinion. I just don't like a bunch of left and right wing jargon to force their opinion down other's throats without letting them formulate their own opinion, and at least use facts and not observations or opinions.​

Chas'n Tail: Don't worry about hurting my feelings- I'm not a millennial ;). I'm just stating my thoughts and experience. What I don't agree with is how some people are stating that it will be a great thing for our state. Only a few will profit and the rest of us will have to put up with crap that comes with it. There will be growing pains (no pun intended). I also worry that once its legal it will be more easily accessed by younger people who's fully undeveloped brains are more impacted.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally feel that for medical purposes, sure thing. For recreational, what good is it?

Does someone really say "Man, I'm glad I can finally smoke pot. My life is truly better now that I can make sound, logical, reasonable choices. Pass me that onie."?

Some say "users are already using, so let's make it legal". I don't agree. Just because it's hard to govern, doesn't mean we should give up. I guess trying to keep drugs illegal is hard work, so we should just make them all legal?

I don't like other things that are illegal either. Should we stop trying to uphold the laws? There are many examples of other things that we could legalize.

I can't really see any benefit to making it legal, besides those that already do it, don't want to risk getting caught. Where is the benefit to society as a whole? Increased tax revenue? Sounds like the money spent governing it, outweighs the extra tax income. Can anybody point out a case where someone's life was improved, by recreational MJ use? I doubt it.

Medical, sure. Recreational, nope.

My two cents.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
personal benefits = not sure, but societal benefits due to prison reform is where i believe is where the benefit is. How many people are sitting in our jails/courts due to pot and how much does that cost us taxpayers. Considerable amounts i would imagine. Iam a simpleton but it makes sense to me to legailize.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

This......... I feel every North Dakotan should have a firm message to send to our State government over the medical use and the way they reacted to the voters wishes.

We might as well throw medical marijuana out of the discussion as far as having any benefit for North Dakota residents because the way they have it set up it does zero good for anyone that could use it. It's non affordable and Insurance won't pay and patients can't grow a plant . To get Medical MJ you need a Dr prescription and pay a fee for a MJ card that is a "Give up my guns for medicine" card. The absolute turning point for anyone on the fence should be when the our LEOs pulled CBD pills off the shelve of health food stores.

Thanks to big pharma and dictatorship we are no further along with medical marijuana than we were three years ago. That is why I will be voting yes on Measure 3 . There's another reason that is more important but I will save that one for later .

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I personally feel that for medical purposes, sure thing. For recreational, what good is it?

Does someone really say "Man, I'm glad I can finally smoke pot. My life is truly better now that I can make sound, logical, reasonable choices. Pass me that onie."?

I would. I use booze way to much to help with my chronic pain. I wont get a medical card, nor do I qualify because chronic pain is not covered. When I spent some time in a legal state I stopped drinking and used low does pot. Man, I lost weight, no more heart burn, felt way better, wasnt spending as much money. These are the benefits that people who will not go purchase it when it is illegal will gain. Not only that but when you purchase it in the medical form you can dose it just like other meds. You know exactly the concentration that you are taking and thus you know how it will affect you.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually wish polls were set up to have discussion first and vote after the discussion to make people on both sides read and learn and avoid knee jerk reactions.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would. I use booze way to much to help with my chronic pain. I wont get a medical card, nor do I qualify because chronic pain is not covered. When I spent some time in a legal state I stopped drinking and used low does pot. Man, I lost weight, no more heart burn, felt way better, wasnt spending as much money. These are the benefits that people who will not go purchase it when it is illegal will gain. Not only that but when you purchase it in the medical form you can dose it just like other meds. You know exactly the concentration that you are taking and thus you know how it will affect you.

I don't doubt you. If what you say is true, I would lump you in with the medical users.

I'm talking about the "legalize it man" crowd. Maybe the basement dwellers. The sometimes fringe people who want it legalized so they don't end up in jail for doing what they're already doing.

As far as the people already sitting in jail for MJ usage, or selling it, I kinda feel like they knew the risk. It's not like one day we all woke up and it's suddenly illegal. It shouldn't be a surprise for people, when busted for pot, that they're getting busted for pot. Unless a mistake was made in locking someone up for breaking the law, they broke the law.

I know I'm dealing in generalities. I know that someone could throw an "yeah, but my (insert name of friend/family member here) isn't like that".

But overall, I don't think that making pot legal for RECREATIONAL USE, is going to better someone's life.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not a pot smoker but I am voting yes on this for a number of reasons. When you get past all of the false information I really feel that it is less of burden on society than alcohol. Anything that takes money out of the cartels hands is a good thing. Plus after the way that all the old guys in the legislature screwed up and drug their feet on the medical marijuana because they didn't like it makes me want to vote yes on this.

The bad part of this is that the people that wrote this measure did a bad job of writing it and if it loses that will be a big reason it lost.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the cartels are spending a bunch of money to fight against this. They will loose their asses if this passes

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be fine with it and those old coots at the controls of the state need a wakeup call.

But at the same time I am seriously concerned about an influx of greasy hippies. Drugs in general are getting worse in my town all the time and I sense this wouldn't help.

Somebody convince me otherwise.

ND is so full of drugs already that it is insane. I have a friend in Bismarck who is a detective. He said if people knew just how many shitbags are Bismarck they wouldn’t be posting any pics online of their families and would have security systems in their houses. The drug problem is only going to get worse.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be for this 100% if the bill was written better. My worries are exactly what Colorado is currently going through. The majority of the tax money was to go to the schools and the rest for law enforcement. Colorado collected over $200 million in taxes off pot last year. Not one penny went to the schools. Everything went to law enforcement. Two years ago I had the pleasure working with the legislators on an unrelated bill and came to realize where they struggle the most is with how to allocate tax dollars. How can we trust them to do they right thing with the 5% tax on pot? (which should be much higher) I believe the state should benefit from the tax money collected and the monies should be used for schools, property taxes, etc.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/

Considering marijuana should never have been illegal in the first place, I hope it passes and will vote for it. The reefer maddness claims from LE and others are completely unfounded. Driving while under the influence of marijuana has (and will always be) illegal. I have handled hundreds if not over 1,000 DUI cases in my career. You know how many marijuana DUI's I've handled? 1. That's it. It's not a problem at all. On the other hand, I've handled hundreds of alcohol DUI's an no one's talking about banning that.

State's with legal weed see drastic drops in opioid use. That alone is reason to vote for it.

Our legislature gave us all the middle finger regarding medical marijuana. It's time to give it right back and vote yes on M3.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have a friend in Alaska who is a state trooper. He said that they actually don’t have any issues with marijuana. It is legal there to use in your home. He said many of the areas they fly to booze is not allowed but weed is legal. Just think about that. I grew up with this person and we all thought Marijane was evil. Now as an officer in remote areas he said booze and pills and meth are the issue. I could care less if the bill passes because I simply don’t give a shit. I also just buried a friend who went to Nam to escape a felony marijuana charge in ND. They said you are either going to nam or headed to prison. This is for an ounce of grass. How many people are sitting and rotting in a prison cell because of a mediocre amount of grass? Meanwhile it is legal in several states. I think if it was legal across the board it would spread out the hippies instead of flocking to Colorado. Anyways happy Friday gents!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88