Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

yeah but look at the source - some right-wing extremis....

s2RefQL.png

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

The traffic fatalities thing is very misleading, for one thing prior to legalization, they rarely tested for marijuana in fatal traffic accidents. Another is that marijuana stays in your system for months sometimes, just because someone tests positive for having it in their system, in no way indicates that it was related to the cause of the accident. Also Colorado's population has been booming, that alone would cause a rise in accidents. What you may have missed, per capital traffic fatalities related to driving under the influence has gone down in EVERY state that has legalized marijuana... something to consider.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member

"More drivers are testing positive for marijuana and nothing else. Of the drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2014 who tested positive for cannabinoids, more than 52 percent had no alcohol in their system. By 2016, it had grown to 69 percent."

I have not used marijuana in a long while, but I do to take CBD. I would fit into this statistic since I am taking CBS for the cannabiniods. The fact is marijuana has few cannabiniods then hemp. Really the test should strictly focus on THC

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
Consider who is pushing for this the most, the drug cartel. We don't need this legalized for recreational purposes at all. Our kids have enough to sort out already, adding this to the pile of vices is not going to help society in any way shape or form.

Research what is happening in Colorado first, and tell me it's a good thing on any stretch of the imagination.

This is the last thing any cartel would want, people able to produce their own legal product. it essentially take away one of their income streams.

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will vote yes even though I cannot use it due to my job. The reason being I believe in individual ownership, personal liberty and freedom for all.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have a friend in Alaska who is a state trooper. He said that they actually don’t have any issues with marijuana. It is legal there to use in your home. He said many of the areas they fly to booze is not allowed but weed is legal. Just think about that. I grew up with this person and we all thought Marijane was evil. Now as an officer in remote areas he said booze and pills and meth are the issue. I could care less if the bill passes because I simply don’t give a shit. I also just buried a friend who went to Nam to escape a felony marijuana charge in ND. They said you are either going to nam or headed to prison. This is for an ounce of grass. How many people are sitting and rotting in a prison cell because of a mediocre amount of grass? Meanwhile it is legal in several states. I think if it was legal across the board it would spread out the hippies instead of flocking to Colorado. Anyways happy Friday gents!

Hit the nail on the head. Kinda surprised, you’re usually a real ass clown. :;:howdy

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guarantee the number one prescribed medication in every pharmacy in ND is a sythentic form of opium.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
fascinating

source?
Here is something I found with a quick search...
The rate of fatal car crashes did not significantly increase in the first three years after recreational marijuana was legalized in Washington and Colorado, according to a new study published this week in the American Journal of Public Health.
The researchers from the University of Texas at Austin drew on statistics of annual statewide motor vehicle crash fatalities. They used statistical analysis to compare motor vehicle crash fatalities between 2009 and 2015 in Washington, Colorado (these two states legalized recreational marijuana in 2012), and eight control states. Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin were chosen as the control states since they all have comparable traffic, roadway, and population characteristics, yet do not have recreational marijuana legalization.
Overall, annual motor vehicle crash fatality rates decreased over this six-year period, from 12.8 fatalities per billion vehicle miles traveled in 2009 to 11.4 fatalities per billion vehicle miles traveled in 2015.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guarantee the number one prescribed medication in every pharmacy in ND is a sythentic form of opium.

There have been reports some pharmacies are actually putting 'no on 3' brochures in peoples bags when they stop to pick up their LEGAL drugs...

- - - Updated - - -

fascinating

source?

Might find this interesting also... DUI fears are largely exaggerated.

The prevalence of both alcohol and cannabis use and the high morbidity associated with motor vehicle crashes has lead to a plethora of research on the link between the two. Drunk drivers are involved in 25% of motor vehicle fatalities, and many accidents involve drivers who test positive for cannabis. Cannabis and alcohol acutely impair several driving-related skills in a dose-related fashion, but the effects of cannabis vary more between individuals than they do with alcohol because of tolerance, differences in smoking technique, and different absorptions of Δ[SUP]9[/SUP]-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana. Detrimental effects of cannabis use vary in a dose-related fashion, and are more pronounced with highly automatic driving functions than with more complex tasks that require conscious control, whereas with alcohol produces an opposite pattern of impairment. Because of both this and an increased awareness that they are impaired, marijuana smokers tend to compensate effectively while driving by utilizing a variety of behavioral strategies. Combining marijuana with alcohol eliminates the ability to use such strategies effectively, however, and results in impairment even at doses which would be insignificant were they of either drug alone. Epidemiological studies have been inconclusive regarding whether cannabis use causes an increased risk of accidents; in contrast, unanimity exists that alcohol use increases crash risk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t know how the healthcare professionals can carry on prescribing all of the synthetic drugs. Synthetic opium usage is one of most dangerous scenarios the world has ever faced. Just think Rockstars used to overdose on heroin now it’s fentanyl from their doctor.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get that, I really do

but when you're surrounded by absolute miscreants who can't handle the personal responsibility made necessary with freedom - you have to make crappy choices

There is much to be said for “fixing” bad laws with more bad laws. However, I really like the idea of states challenging federal suppremecy and saying, “federal law sucks so stinking bad, the people of this state are invalidating it, clearing the slate, and starting over.” Today it’s MJ, tomorrow firearms, lightbulbs... GAS CANS!!! Just think of the possibilities if this becomes a trend.

States could impose their own term limits on the legislative delegation they send to Washington. Tired of driving on the right side of the road? Create a ballot initiative to move cars to the left side (kidding).

...or we could just wait around for congress to fix it. I’m sure it’ll happen any day now.
B43DFBBC-2935-45C7-8D93-569FDC4C6153.jpg

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In regard to driving under the influence. How does one measure the thc level of the bloodin the system to a legal limit that would impair driving. How is this tested.

I think there is enough problems dealing with the effects of alcohol addiction(see toby from Fb thread) that we dont need to add or encourage more. I would be willing to bet most people who did it in the past because as they go older the risk of jail time was too much for them and their growing families. This imo would stop this behavior and families would suffer more than they are.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it’s legalized somebody is going to die because some assclown is going to feel that much more free to get way higher all damn day every day

and they’ll drive

it’s just that simple

if fewer get killed from alcohol drunks as a result then that’s great

but I have yet to see the evidence that the net result will be fewer deaths/accidents

or is it buried above somewhere?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
In regard to driving under the influence. How does one measure the thc level of the bloodin the system to a legal limit that would impair driving. How is this tested.

I think there is enough problems dealing with the effects of alcohol addiction(see toby from Fb thread) that we dont need to add or encourage more. I would be willing to bet most people who did it in the past because as they go older the risk of jail time was too much for them and their growing families. This imo would stop this behavior and families would suffer more than they are.

There is evidence to suggest that the % of people driving under the influence of cannabis didnt increase significantly after legalization in states that have done it. People who were responsible enough to obey the current laws likely will not break them once legalization occurs, or risk driving while intoxicated. You may also find this interesting. Some data again suggesting that driving while high isnt nearly as dangerous as driving while drunk...

[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]The proportion of persons driving under the influence of alcohol is estimated at 2.1% (95% CI: 1.4-2.8) and under the influence of cannabis at 3.4% (2.9%-3.9%). Drivers under the influence of alcohol are 17.8 times (12.1-26.1) more likely to be responsible for a fatal accident, and the proportion of fatal accidents which would be prevented if no drivers ever exceeded the legal limit for alcohol is estimated at 27.7% (26.0%-29.4%). Drivers under the influence of cannabis multiply their risk of being responsible for causing a fatal accident by 1.65 (1.16-2.34), and the proportion of fatal accidents which would be prevented if no drivers ever drove under the influence of cannabis is estimated at 4.2% (3.7%-4.8%). An increased risk linked to opiate use has also been found to be significant, but with low prevalence, requiring caution in interpreting this finding. Other groups of narcotics have even lower prevalence, and the associated extra risks cannot be assessed.
[h=4]CONCLUSION:[/h]Almost a decade separates the present study from a similar one previously conducted in France, and there have been numerous developments in the intervening years. Even so, the prevalence of drivers responsible for causing fatal accidents under the influence of alcohol or narcotics has stayed remarkably stable, as have the proportion of fatal accidents which could in theory be prevented if no drivers ever exceeded the legal limits. The overall number of deaths from traffic accidents has dropped sharply during this period, and the number of victims attributable to alcohol and/or cannabis declined proportionally. Alcohol remains the main problem in France. It is just as important to note that one in two drivers considered to be under the influence of cannabis was also under the influence of alcohol. With risks cumulating between the two, it is particularly important to point out the danger of consuming them together.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it’s legalized somebody is going to die because some assclown is going to feel that much more free to get way higher all damn day every day

and they’ll drive

it’s just that simple

if fewer get killed from alcohol drunks as a result then that’s great

but I have yet to see the evidence that the net result will be fewer deaths/accidents

or is it buried above somewhere?

When is the last time you were checked for opioids when you were pulled over?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When is the last time you were checked for opioids when you were pulled over?

I haven't been pulled over since 1983.

Wait - I just got pulled over a couple weeks ago for expired tags (by a very odd duck cop in south Bismarck).

Anyway... I'm not following your point if you have one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88