Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Newsflash............The weed that is around today is not coming from cartels. Cartels can't produce nowhere close to the quality that is in demand. Hard drugs is what comes from cartels.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Newsflash............The weed that is around today is not coming from cartels. Cartels can't produce nowhere close to the quality that is in demand. Hard drugs is what comes from cartels.
I’d have to say some still comes from cartels. Absolutes don’t work.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like Valley News Live is on the offensive against M3 right now.....3 of top 6 stories

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d have to say some still comes from cartels. Absolutes don’t work.

The dirty dirt magurt comes from mexico. Not sure how far north it makes it from the border but it sure as hell aint here. Another good reason for a yes vote is to take the cartel out of the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like Valley News Live is on the offensive against M3 right now.....3 of top 6 stories

Panic is setting in, unfortunately it's too late.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
cartels are a byproduct of prohibition, not drug use. end prohibition and they will go away. u don't see many international drug cartels peddling alcohol in the us do u? having to even explain such simple concepts to SOME people makes me wanna :;:cheers

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it was that station that had a neurologist on talking about how it permanently alters the brain, and not in a good way.

Lycan as I understand it the cartel will simply have a legitimate arm in the business. With unlimited growth they will buy up land and begin production within the state. No need to smuggle anymore. They were also talking about this aspect on tv and how poor this measure is written. It is written with no regulations.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
cartels are a byproduct of prohibition, not drug use. end prohibition and they will go away. u don't see many international drug cartels peddling alcohol in the us do u? having to even explain such simple concepts to SOME people makes me wanna :;:cheers

so you want meth, Coke and heroin legal if only it was that simple. The cartels of phizer and such won’t let that happen as much as the Mexican cartels won’t. I have been firmly for medical weed and a smart and good bill but if I was voting you have done a very good job at making me wonder about the people who back this and swayed me in the other direction. You need to think a little before yo type. The far out weirdo shit doesn’t help maybe read some stuff davey posts that makes actual sense to non vanilla smuggling people

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m so over this election. November 7th can’t come quick enough. I’m really tired of hearing this measure or that measure is so poorly written. Newsflash they’re all poorly written. That’s how they get passed in the first place. So they stay vague enough to garner support from multiple sides of the issue and then you hope that the people you elect tweak the law into something useable. I’m not just talking measure 3 now. I remember a property tax bill awhile back that was really poorly written. Since that time my property taxes have gone up every year and I’ve told the city if they’d write me a check for the taxable value of my house I’d be gone tomorrow. As it stands my house has been on the market for a few months for well under the taxable value. Most of these measures aren’t set in stone they’re fluid and pretty much all are tweaked into the laws they become after the fact. Again I can’t wait for November 7th

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jay Kay it is happening this very day right in ND. Wake up dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Victimless crime. Yes. Tell that to the children of stoners.[/QUOTE

Just buried a great friend who was a viet nam vet. He smoked MJ and his daughters went to college and are doing great. I would like you to tell them that their dad was bad and that they are victims.

Of course not. Just like alcohol, some people can handle it. Some can't. Again, I ask, would making marijuana legal for recreational use benefit most people? I think not.

I said the "children of stoners". Respectfully, I'd like to amend that statement. That wasn't specific enough. If you're looking for victims, try the ND Foster Care program. Ask 100 of those kids who don't have decent parents, if drugs were involved. If drugs made THEIR lives better. Ask 1000 of those children. Ask them all. I don't have any way to do so of course, but I bet once the excuses were set aside, drugs made their lives worse.

Booze included.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
so you want meth, Coke and heroin legal if only it was that simple. The cartels of phizer and such won’t let that happen as much as the Mexican cartels won’t. I have been firmly for medical weed and a smart and good bill but if I was voting you have done a very good job at making me wonder about the people who back this and swayed me in the other direction. You need to think a little before yo type. The far out weirdo shit doesn’t help maybe read some stuff davey posts that makes actual sense to non vanilla smuggling people
is this thread about heroin? is m3 legalizing heroin?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jay Kay it is happening this very day right in ND. Wake up dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not. Just like alcohol, some people can handle it. Some can't. Again, I ask, would making marijuana legal for recreational use benefit most people? I think not.

I said the "children of stoners". Respectfully, I'd like to amend that statement. That wasn't specific enough. If you're looking for victims, try the ND Foster Care program. Ask 100 of those kids who don't have decent parents, if drugs were involved. If drugs made THEIR lives better. Ask 1000 of those children. Ask them all. I don't have any way to do so of course, but I bet once the excuses were set aside, drugs made their lives worse.

Booze included.

my wife would verify that after working 7 years of so for dss. most if not all her cases involved a drug of some sort

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
you said drug use. details matter and matter a lot. So Amsterdam should have no drug crime....

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/ar...am-holidays-netherlands-drugs-holland-illegal

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...dise-a-bloody-gang-war-is-raging-in-amsterdam

- - - Updated - - -

you are doing a hell of a job for the people against m3

Using some sense matters also... I havent seen 1 person argue for legalizing heroin in all 30 pages of this discussion so far. This isnt a discussion about drugs not causing some people problems, thats obvious. You are trying to make a point that no one is arguing against.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a number of people in LE here now. It would be good to hear more from them, but some comments have already been made in an effort to shut them up. People often use alcohol as an excuse for their bad behavior. MJ will just be one more excuse. Yesterday I spent 14 hours transferring federal prisoners. If you listen to their conversation it's amazing they all have excuses. One was saying she was headed for the same prison her mother was released from a week earlier. It's depressing listening to them. We are losing ground every year, and legalizing MJ will accelerate the downward spiral of humanity. When we look at the problems in the world we have to ask ourselves if what we do is part of the solution or part of the problem.

I too would like to have LEO chime in , Not sure what you think has been said to shut them up. Every cop I have ever known either has a strong opinion or no opinion and if its a strong opinion they will stand their grounds . I'm not saying this to anger you PG, but from my point of view it looks like you get the wool pulled over your eyes quite easily , That or you trust people more than I do. I'm not convinced that new guy that commented on here is a cop , If he is and if I am wrong I will eat crow soup but he will have to chime in and join the conversation again and convince me. All I ever did was called a spade a spade like I usually do so I hope you don't think I tried to scare him away, I didn't see any other responses that would have either but I may have missed something.

I get the mother daughter story you told , Some parents are simply not good parents and there lies the problem. A lot of it is from kids having kids, 18 year olds with kids in kindergarten . I'm not saying that can't work and still develop outstanding citizens but it's against all odds, Honestly age doesn't really dictate who are good parents but I notice that trend. Parents that are not grown up don't know how to teach a child to grow up ... That's where my theory that education and eradication of drugs at the youth level is so important if we ever want to quit losing ground.

Legalize weed and keep mommy and daddy working and pissing in a cup and hopefully off hard drugs and move the troops a lot of the troopers to fight the battle at the introduction level where it really counts. If we can get the kids educating the parents on drugs and we just might have a chance at gaining some ground. Meanwhile grandma gets a sip of MJ tea and get off prescription drugs.

Just my opinion nothing more nothing less. What we are doing is throwing good money at a problem and losing ground right now , I'm all for changing that. I have grandkids that I would like to keep drugs kept out of sight and with despite for them until they are adults.

Another thing is hire and train some school counsellors that get involved , It would be a crappy job being involved with parents of kids that can do no wrong in the eye of the parent but it has to be done. Not bashing my school system but when I grew up our school counselor was there in person but that was it.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing you need to realize, when talking with LE, which I also have had the opportunity to do on many occasions, is they pretty much exclusively see the BAD side of drugs. They have to deal with addicts and dealers, and their views are often very biased because of this.

I never denied there is a bad side to drugs, but I feel legalizing weed would decrease the negative aspects more than maintaining prohibition.

Ive also talked to task force officers who would like nothing better than to have weed out of the way so they can concentrate on hard drugs. Some see weed as a waste of their time and its obvious that war was lost, years ago. Its like bailing water out of a sinking ship...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Davey Crockett

Serious question to see how well you can leave emotions out of facts , Do you think the last stop sign you rolled through was breaking a law any less than grandma drinking illegal weed tea for her cataracts ?

Apples and oranges - Rolling through a stop sign would be a non-criminal traffic offense while possessing illegal drugs would be a criminal offense and if granny had enough "weed tea" it could be a felony so yes there is a difference and is why the penalties reflect that

If I was a teacher and had written this question on a test I'd have to mark it wrong. You skipped the answer and started talking about the punishment. It's hard to take a step back on this issue and leave emotions behind and look at it from outside of the box. I grew up so anti weed that you wouldn't believe it and a big part of me still is because I have grandkids that I wish I could bubble wrap but I can't , I am of the opinion that the odds of them smoking weed is the same no matter what the outcome of M3 but I also know what the odds are that grandma will get off her meds and sip some tea instead.

I realize I can't make anyone leave their emotions out of it or change their mind but at least look at the issue from all sides because one thing we can all agree on is it's not going to magically disappear after the election no matter what the vote tally is. Prevention has to start before the first toke instead at adult stage in life if we want to quit losing ground .

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
this might be a dumb question at this point... but, since this is a non constitutional measure, is it safe to say that it only needs 50.1% of the vote to pass?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55