Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll pass, you win.

- - - Updated - - -

Crashboombang That was a good pun, I had to look for it. You should have jumped on the bandwagon and beet the turnip to death.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yea , Facts are better. You can heet the beet and you can heet the weed to turn them into feed but the beet is more addictive than the weed and both are a seed.

- - - Updated - - -

From a medical prospective our leaders had the mindset that everybody will be high as a kite. For most I think that need medical is zero thc butter on toast or a cookie in the morning for pain and if you can't sleep at night then have a snack that has sleep qualities, The strains are there. That's what we were told 10 or 11 years ago.

Last edited:

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because I haven't heard you answer how this would be good for the general population to get medical into the hands of people who may need it.

- - - Updated - - -

we have a law on the books too medical. Tweak that one to get it to the people who need it

Well....Medical was passed that would have been sufficient for most people that needed it. It was then gutted and rewritten to pretty much make it obtainable for most people. Not only that, all the hospitals are coming out against it. They will not prescribe to people that need it. So.....Even though they say medical is right around the corner, it means nothing. Medical has been stalled for 2 years now.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think medical be as far along as it is without measure 3 on the ballot.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
I personally want M3 to pass for access to use it as medicine, others want it to pass to get their fix, others want it to pass to help fix what was stripped from them when medical was gutted, BUT I really feel we should all want M3 to pass to keep harder stuff further away from our kids and loved ones, as well as decrease the opioid deaths/addicts. If you can watch this video, its scary. I have watched friends back in high school get lost in meth, some you might work by today and not even know of their past struggles, even though they looked those in the video, others are not with us anymore. My point here is if 15 years ago was today, I would most likely have to say more would not be with us do to laced hard drugs. All of them were given meth when buying weed. GIVEN, then they were hooked. Like others have stated, if passing M3 keeps our kids away from the dealers, keeps them away from being GIVEN something to try, it will keep them safer IMO. We as parents also need to keep them safer by locking any abusable prescription pills, locked up and out of reach, that includes helping secure our parents or grandparents meds. My grandparents had bottles of oxy in their bathroom, they were not using them anymore, but any kid could grab a few if they so wanted to. Many of our kids first drug dealer is our medicine cabinet. Hell, a neighbor a few houses down OD on fentanyl a year a or so ago, its alive among us and all LEO I have talked to are scared as shit from what they see this drug doing.

[video]<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.com/news/av/embed/p06prz20/45968955"></iframe>[/video]

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-45968955/on-america-s-trail-of-destruction

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
To think the drug dealers are going to go away just because weed is legal is a pipe dream. I think criminal activity and drug usage will increase due to the cash only nature of the business. The only ones who will be able to set up dispensaries will be those that have large amounts of cash on hand as no banks will loan or even allow bank accounts with anyone associate with growing or selling.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
To think the drug dealers are going to go away just because weed is legal is a pipe dream. I think criminal activity and drug usage will increase due to the cash only nature of the business. The only ones who will be able to set up dispensaries will be those that have large amounts of cash on hand as no banks will loan or even allow bank accounts with anyone associate with growing or selling.

I never said they would go away, I said it would help keep our kids away from them. To me, once there is a legal avenue for MJ a kid isnt going to go to a dealer (or most likely not). They will find a parent, cousin, friend, uncle, aunt or anyone over 21 to buy it for them, just like they do now for booze. Using the argument that once we get set up moving forward like other legal states that our kids will still seek out dealers is like saying they are going to dealers now to get their booze (IMO), just doesnt make sense to me.

At this point in the thread peoples votes are not changing and I am fine with it. Pass or not, the chance to vote for this will come around again soon. Im fine either way, I have been in pain for 20 years, whats a couple more I guess.

I am just trying to bring different sides/topics up is all

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never said they would go away, I said it would help keep our kids away from them. To me, once there is a legal avenue for MJ a kid isnt going to go to a dealer (or most likely not). They will find a parent, cousin, friend, uncle, aunt or anyone over 21 to buy it for them, just like they do now for booze. Using the argument that once we get set up moving forward like other legal states that our kids will still seek out dealers is like saying they are going to dealers now to get their booze (IMO), just doesnt make sense to me.

At this point in the thread peoples votes are not changing and I am fine with it. Pass or not, the chance to vote for this will come around again soon. Im fine either way, I have been in pain for 20 years, whats a couple more I guess.

I am just trying to bring different sides/topics up is all

Don't sell yourself short , I've watched first hand what 20 years of pain and pills that don't work can do to a person .

GOLFER

As I get older, 63 now, I have more aches and pains every year that aspirin or ibuprofen don't do anything for. I aggravated my shoulder golfing this summer and it just keeps getting worse, I'm sure it has deteriorated over the years from all the baseball, softball, fishing, and golf that I participated in. I can't even sleep on my right side anymore because of the pain. I watched my 80+ year old Dad suffer with tears in his eyes from back pain until he passed away. He wanted so badly to try medical mj. As soon as I retire from my job, which tests for drugs, I'm going to try mj and if it works, i will use. I haven't drank in over 36 years, not worried about getting hooked. I stated once that 40 years ago I worked on a cement crew that had both drunks and pot smokers on it. Guess which group you count on to show up ready to work every morning? Not the hungover guys.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bob Wefald - Opion in the Bis Tribune - Point out where he is wrong

Since the inception of our committee, North Dakotans Against the Legalization of Recreational Marijuana, just a few weeks ago, I’ve learned that many of our citizens don’t understand Measure 3.

I base this on having been on many radio talk shows recently and having heard callers discussing misconceptions and falsehoods about the actual language in the measure. It’s understandable as most folks don’t take the time to read measure language all the way to the end. In the case of Measure 3, it’s many pages long and the most serious point is at the end. I’m committed to helping educate my fellow North Dakotans about this seriously flawed measure and what its passing would mean for our great state.

I’ve been an attorney most of my adult life so I’m accustomed to reading legal documents. I understand why most folks don’t take the time to try to read through pages and pages of legalese. Hopefully, I can summarize what the measure language actually says or does not say.

If Measure 3 passes there will be unlimited and unregulated marijuana, and there will be no income as the measure does not make any provision for a special tax. The only things made illegal under this measure have to do with sale or distribution of marijuana to those under 21 and the possession of marijuana by those under 21. The biggest issue is literally in the last sentence. It will create a new section of the North Dakota Century Code as follows: 66-01 03. Statement of Supremacy - 1. In the event of the existence of any language in the North Dakota Century Code which conflicts with this chapter those sections are hereby nullified and repealed. This means that anything in our statutes dealing with or regulating marijuana would be repealed. What does that mean for North Dakotans? Here are a few of the most serious changes that would be brought about if Measure 3 passes:

• Marijuana could be grown anywhere, by anyone, as much as they want, wherever they want to grow it.

• Marijuana could be sold to anyone anywhere. No licenses. No regulations. No restrictions. It could be sold next to a school or a church, at a public event or on the sidewalk in front of your home.

• Driving while impaired by marijuana would no longer be illegal.

• There would be no limit on the amount of marijuana a person could possess.

• Marijuana could be smoked or marijuana-laced products could be used anywhere, including in places where smoking cigarettes is not allowed.

• North Dakota would be the most liberal state in the nation for regulation and control of marijuana. Other states at least have limits, regulations, rules and oversight.

• The law would go into effect 30 days after passage, which means on Dec. 6 of this year out-of-state big businesses could open their doors in our cities and towns. And people across the state – individuals -- could sell marijuana as well as edible marijuana products too.

• There is nothing about a special tax in the measure language, therefore there would be no big windfall of new tax dollars for the state, as many people assume.

Experiences and statistics across the country in states where recreational marijuana has become legal are staggering. The use of marijuana by kids is skyrocketing. In Colorado, the crime rate has increased 11 times the national average. Marijuana emergency room visits for marijuana- related issues have increased dramatically. Central Oregon hospitals have seen a 2,000 percent increase in these ER visits. Drug -driving fatalities have doubled since legalization. Across the country, 50 percent of fatal car crashes involve drivers whose blood tests showed positive for THC which is the active ingredient in marijuana. Businesses are suffering because employees are tardy, don’t show up, are involved in more on-the-job accidents, and positive test results for marijuana have increased dramatically. And by the way, alcohol consumption has not decreased in any of these states, in fact it has increased in some … so that argument won’t work either.

Proponents of Measure 3 have said “the Legislature will work things out later.” Will they? Some say, that after the medical marijuana law overhaul beating they’ve taken, there may not be enough support in the House and Senate to get the two-thirds majority vote necessary to take on the task. There is no language in the measure directing the Legislature to do anything. However, are we willing to take that chance?

I’m passionate about defeating Measure 3. If passed, it will be bad law for North Dakota. If you want to know more of the facts, visit our website: VoteNoON3ND.com. And please exercise your right and responsibility to vote this November. I will be voting no on Measure 3. I urge you to do the same.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bob Wefald - Opion in the Bis Tribune - Point out where he is wrong

Since the inception of our committee, North Dakotans Against the Legalization of Recreational Marijuana, just a few weeks ago, I’ve learned that many of our citizens don’t understand Measure 3.

I base this on having been on many radio talk shows recently and having heard callers discussing misconceptions and falsehoods about the actual language in the measure. It’s understandable as most folks don’t take the time to read measure language all the way to the end. In the case of Measure 3, it’s many pages long and the most serious point is at the end. I’m committed to helping educate my fellow North Dakotans about this seriously flawed measure and what its passing would mean for our great state.

I’ve been an attorney most of my adult life so I’m accustomed to reading legal documents. I understand why most folks don’t take the time to try to read through pages and pages of legalese. Hopefully, I can summarize what the measure language actually says or does not say.

If Measure 3 passes there will be unlimited and unregulated marijuana, and there will be no income as the measure does not make any provision for a special tax. The only things made illegal under this measure have to do with sale or distribution of marijuana to those under 21 and the possession of marijuana by those under 21. The biggest issue is literally in the last sentence. It will create a new section of the North Dakota Century Code as follows: 66-01 03. Statement of Supremacy - 1. In the event of the existence of any language in the North Dakota Century Code which conflicts with this chapter those sections are hereby nullified and repealed. This means that anything in our statutes dealing with or regulating marijuana would be repealed. What does that mean for North Dakotans? Here are a few of the most serious changes that would be brought about if Measure 3 passes:

• Marijuana could be grown anywhere, by anyone, as much as they want, wherever they want to grow it.

• Marijuana could be sold to anyone anywhere. No licenses. No regulations. No restrictions. It could be sold next to a school or a church, at a public event or on the sidewalk in front of your home.

• Driving while impaired by marijuana would no longer be illegal.

• There would be no limit on the amount of marijuana a person could possess.

• Marijuana could be smoked or marijuana-laced products could be used anywhere, including in places where smoking cigarettes is not allowed.

• North Dakota would be the most liberal state in the nation for regulation and control of marijuana. Other states at least have limits, regulations, rules and oversight.

• The law would go into effect 30 days after passage, which means on Dec. 6 of this year out-of-state big businesses could open their doors in our cities and towns. And people across the state – individuals -- could sell marijuana as well as edible marijuana products too.

• There is nothing about a special tax in the measure language, therefore there would be no big windfall of new tax dollars for the state, as many people assume.

Experiences and statistics across the country in states where recreational marijuana has become legal are staggering. The use of marijuana by kids is skyrocketing. In Colorado, the crime rate has increased 11 times the national average. Marijuana emergency room visits for marijuana- related issues have increased dramatically. Central Oregon hospitals have seen a 2,000 percent increase in these ER visits. Drug -driving fatalities have doubled since legalization. Across the country, 50 percent of fatal car crashes involve drivers whose blood tests showed positive for THC which is the active ingredient in marijuana. Businesses are suffering because employees are tardy, don’t show up, are involved in more on-the-job accidents, and positive test results for marijuana have increased dramatically. And by the way, alcohol consumption has not decreased in any of these states, in fact it has increased in some … so that argument won’t work either.

Proponents of Measure 3 have said “the Legislature will work things out later.” Will they? Some say, that after the medical marijuana law overhaul beating they’ve taken, there may not be enough support in the House and Senate to get the two-thirds majority vote necessary to take on the task. There is no language in the measure directing the Legislature to do anything. However, are we willing to take that chance?

I’m passionate about defeating Measure 3. If passed, it will be bad law for North Dakota. If you want to know more of the facts, visit our website: VoteNoON3ND.com. And please exercise your right and responsibility to vote this November. I will be voting no on Measure 3. I urge you to do the same.
The paragraph in red has so much BS and cherry picked figures i don't know where to start.Also i guarantee everyone of those bullet points would be taken care of very quickly. The legislature loves to over regulate shit, just like thy did with Medical. Basically Bobs entire response are complete BS scare tactics

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The paragraph in red has so much BS and cherry picked figures i don't know where to start.Also i guarantee everyone of those bullet points would be taken care of very quickly. The legislature loves to over regulate shit, just like thy did with Medical. Basically Bobs entire response are complete BS scare tactics

If passed doesn't it go into effect in 30 days there will be not time for the legislator to meet so what happens until they do?

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't believe a lawyer and former politican to set you straight on the "legalese" of this measure. He's full of shit.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member

Apparently there are banks (or credit unions) that will do business with the growers/sellers.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy that’s a tough one - taking a word of a lawyer or a stoner - what is one to do

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34