Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I make out of the whole ball of wax is the state is playing the victim card after they annihilated the medical measure. M3 wouldn't even be close to passing had they not annihilated the medical portion. They fought medical marijuana just like they are fighting M3 and they brought this shitstorm on themselves and now they are throwing more money at it than they spent butchering the medical measure. Quite a few of you nay slayers pretty much fall in line with this so don't expect a lot of compassion from medical proponents.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I voted yes for the medical marijuana but am a no vote recreational marijuana.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the link to the minot state discussion is worth a visit if you have time to kill. not a bad forum. i think the SA candidate did a good job of dispelling a lot of fears that the anti m3 folks have.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
3E3D4FD1-DC87-4F9C-92CE-CC8CF552CF47.jpg

There’s a lobby for that? I’ll be damned.

- - - Updated - - -

If passed what are the odds this gets bogged down in the same way medical did?

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy smoke, Obi you must be a rep for Merck, or Lilly, for this to totally annilatate your life style, wow just wow, I have no interest if it passes or not, but you sir need to step back and actually read the bullshit you posted. Did grandpa make the movie "Reefer Madness or what? Sit down have a cocktail and just chill

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy smoke, Obi you must be a rep for Merck, or Lilly, for this to totally annilatate your life style, wow just wow, I have no interest if it passes or not, but you sir need to step back and actually read the bullshit you posted. Did grandpa make the movie "Reefer Madness or what? Sit down have a cocktail and just chill

This didn't get to 35 pages just by my posts.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
So vote out your legislators because they are unwilling to change what they screwed up with the first one.

Fixed it for you...

- - - Updated - - -

If passed doesn't it go into effect in 30 days there will be not time for the legislator to meet so what happens until they do?

If legislators care that much they should choose to prioritize it and do something in 30 days. They've had 2 years with medical and have done nothing but make it inaccessible to most. Does it not matter to you that they completely ignored the voice of ND people and have messed it up as bad as they have? 2 years for someone this could have benefited is unacceptable to me.

DUI for MJ going away? Smoking it wherever you want? I don't see that in the language, but if it is those are pretty easy fixes and can be accomplished in 30 days. Cigarettes are legal and can't be smoked within 20 feet of public entrances.

It is precisely this type of rhetoric and scare tactics that are the reason you don't blindly trust a lawyer or politician. Don't forget, they are smarter than you and know SO much more. I trust those who deserve it, pothead, lawyer, or otherwise. Bob has lost my trust with this BS...."pages and pages of legalese" haha. Barely had to scroll down the page. Here's the text:

https://ballotpedia.org/North_Dakot...ngement_Initiative_(2018)#Measure_3_full_text

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fixed it for you...
I
- - - Updated - - -

If legislators care that much they should choose to prioritize it and do something in 30 days. They've had 2 years with medical and have done nothing but make it inaccessible to most. Does it not matter to you that they completely ignored the voice of ND people and have messed it up as bad as they have? 2 years for someone this could have benefited is unacceptable to me.

DUI for MJ going away? Smoking it wherever you want? I don't see that in the language, but if it is those are pretty easy fixes and can be accomplished in 30 days. Cigarettes are legal and can't be smoked within 20 feet of public entrances.

It is precisely this type of rhetoric and scare tactics that are the reason you don't blindly trust a lawyer or politician. Don't forget, they are smarter than you and know SO much more. I trust those who deserve it, pothead, lawyer, or otherwise. Bob has lost my trust with this BS...."pages and pages of legalese" haha. Barely had to scroll down the page. Here's the text:

https://ballotpedia.org/North_Dakot...ngement_Initiative_(2018)#Measure_3_full_text

image.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

This didn't get to 35 pages just by my posts.

I think he was referring more about what was said VS how much was said.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watch the MSU video if you have questions. It's a fair discussion.

Although a good discussion I dont think it was fair. I felt the attorney was trying really hard to be neutral about his position on it. For me it strengthened my views but also convinced me that the feds should reschedule mj yo a schedule 2 so more research could be done and get it into the hands that NEED it. How many of you yes guys would still vote yes on m3 if the medical mj law was better?

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
The medical mj law cannot be unfucked. I'll still vote Yes on 3

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

Obi, I respect your opinion and you're entitled to it. Truly. However, I'm not sure what you fixed for me here? I realize that there is little written in the initiative that spells out regulation, taxes. etc. Doesn't mean there won't be any....The question that was posed was for someone to point out where Bob was wrong in what he said. He regurgitates the anti-M3 propaganda and their lies are quite bold....when I hear things like "pages and pages of legalese" it's silly. You helped me make my point. Unless "pages and pages" refers to about 3 or 4.....The legislature can define regulation and taxes in 30 days if they prioritize it and work together. They've already proven the have the ability to take an initiative that's been voted in and completely gut and rewrite it. Granted, they've taken 2 years to do so while they keep it out of the hands of their constituents because they "know what's best" and apparently ND citizens are idiots. This measure is intentionally written in this way to hold them to the fire and force them to act instead of doing what they did with medical MJ.

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of the staunch no voters on this measure would sign a petition or be a yes vote if a measure came about next voting cycle prohibiting alcohol again. It doesn’t have the medicinal value of mj, is readily available to kids, it ruins the lives of anyone not responsible enough to handle it like an adult, it leads to other crimes like dui, abuse to wives/children. Basically all the bad things you guys are saying and more. Oh forgot about the gateway drug argument. Bet not too many people have moved on to drugs that didn’t drink first. Anyone anyone beuhler beuhler

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would sign but probably be found in some alley cold and lifeless:;:huh

You’ve been pretty on the level all the way through the thread with how you feel about substances of all kinds. We have been on opposite sides of the issue and kept it civil and I can respect a discussion like that from both sides of pretty much any issue. I just know that some would come with flaming torches and pitchforks if you try to take their beer or spirits away but are adamant about this and I’d like insight on why. Just coming from a different angle I guess believe me I don’t want booze outlawed either.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way I can’t wait for November 7th

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of the staunch no voters on this measure would sign a petition or be a yes vote if a measure came about next voting cycle prohibiting alcohol again. It doesn’t have the medicinal value of mj, is readily available to kids, it ruins the lives of anyone not responsible enough to handle it like an adult, it leads to other crimes like dui, abuse to wives/children. Basically all the bad things you guys are saying and more. Oh forgot about the gateway drug argument. Bet not too many people have moved on to drugs that didn’t drink first. Anyone anyone beuhler beuhler

On one hand of the debate it’s happened before and everyone who has any basic grasp of American history knows what happens when you make booze illegal. On the other side of it enforcing booze laws would suck up an overwhelming amount of police manpower......Kinda like pot does now.
One main difference though is after the initial privacy hurdle for police alcohol is pretty darn easy to gauge intoxication.

Those being said said though my mind always comes back to how idiotic it is that all uses of pot are still imprisonment level criminal. The Federal law needs to be changed, let local governments hand out “open container” equivalent tickets if things are a problem.

Last edited:

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe it's coming whether we like it or not. The money involved will get to the tipping point soon and the Feds will take action.

The Feds will legalize the whole country within 5-10 years. You figure with 10 states already having recreational currently, that's 20 Senate votes right there.

The whole States doing their own thing is kind of pointless when you think about it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I touched on this once but didn't get an answer , The process of getting an opinion or a desire approved for signatures to make a measure that will go on the ballot . Our secretary of state approves an issue with the language as written and after it's voted on and passed then the state overhauls it ? Why on earth don't the changes happen before signatures are collected and the topic voted on ? That sounds so backwards to me but there must be a reason . Iv'e always been of the opinion of fixing something when you first notice a problem rather than run it that way.

Wefall mentioned the m3 is opening up the state for lawsuits , Why doesn't someone sue the state over the MM measure that was annihilated ? Hell you could probably throw together a 51 % voter class action. My guess is that it would be almost impossible to sue the state and win but wefall keeps using that as an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's coming whether we like it or not. The money involved will get to the tipping point soon and the Feds will take action.

The Feds will legalize the whole country within 5-10 years. You figure with 10 states already having recreational currently, that's 20 Senate votes right there.

The whole States doing their own thing is kind of pointless when you think about it.

Not really , It's a way to persuade the feds that the majority feel It's time for a change in MJ laws. Hop we can as 4 more states to the list this year . The more they see overwhelming evidence and realize what they are up against the sooner they will take action.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 40
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15