Minnow prices

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard people complain about prices and quality of minnows In the area!! Well I'm here to tell you consider yourself blessed!! We fished out of fort peck for 4 days last week and holy effff are minnows spendy over there!! We got into town on Friday and filled up the boat and got licenses and minnows!!! Well there minnows are $9/dozen!!! Yes a DOZEN!!! Granted they give you sucker minnows and creek chubs if you want them but Jesus my jaw hit the floor!! The only life saver is that in most areas gulp minnows usually do the trick! On a side note reed runners are only $4!!!!!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Oof da ... Yeah id be running fake bait. Thats spendy. Ive always been happy with the minnows I get around the state.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
3.50 for a scoop of at least 60-80 minnows in minot.

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea it was a serious shot to the pills! I don't know if they are in short supply over there or they just enjoy gouging people!! After that first day of fishing it was cranks only!!!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
gulp... always have bout 2-300 pieces in the boat...

it only seem expensive when you buy it...

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Noticed the local Runnings (Bismarck) store had them for $2.98 a scoop. Don't know how many are in a their scoop. I noticed that a little dam alongside the road to my place has had cormorants and pelicans on it for years so on a whim I tossed a trap in it the other day and by the next day it was full of nice fatheads. Don't have to buy minnows any more. :)

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to keep a container of gulp in the boat just in case I ran out of live bait. My catch rate would drop off significantly. As far as minnows, I think they have now ran the same scam on all three live baits. Several years ago leeches were impossible to find and ran at least $6, then the crawler harvests were low and you couldn't find them anywhere. Any time you run to the gas station they want to gouge you on something, I still haven't forgiven the convenience stores for the bottled water gouging a hundred miles from Minot.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nd is the only place with cheap minnows. Mt is spending money like water on ans same with mn. Part of the reason. Supply demand another

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll go to landers in Bismarck 99.9% of the time for minnows. They always seem to stay alive and the price isn't too bad. It's just another thing think I need for fishing so I really don't know the price of.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo Bait counts theirs. You get 12 when you buy a dozen. The bait buying situation in FM area sucks fatheads.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minnows in Valley City are cheap. The problem is one bait vendor supplies both gas stations and he comes when he feels like it.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unitstop in Bismarck is very similar. Landers just scoops. And they're typically pretty good minners

brotherfunk48

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a nice place in Fargo called The Bait Shop small place but full of stuff, cheaper than the big stores, especially the lead all sizes. I buy all my lures and spinners there. Great place.

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will add that them montana minners are some tough little buggers!!! That's about all they have going for them

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a nice place in Fargo called The Bait Shop small place but full of stuff, cheaper than the big stores, especially the lead all sizes. I buy all my lures and spinners there. Great place.

Where is this place? Or are you talking about Fargo Bait n Tackle on 10th street?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cheap bait at runnings, and they charge for a scoop, or 2 scoops, etc. Likely 30-40 minnows in a scoop

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74