Minot & Surrounding Area

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Hoping that the birds have a nice spring. Last winter wasn't too bad. Hopefully a bit of a bounce back year. A couple years ago the birds were everywhere up here.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just had a pheasant sitting in the middle of the road in Bismarck right in front of my car. Had to honk to get him to fly away. Might have to hook a horn to my dogs collar if thats what it takes to get them flying!

Attachments

Hit List-edit.jpg Hit List #4.jpg Hit List #5.jpg

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
back roads from Surrey to Sawyer I see a fair amount daily. Looking good for the birds

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully we get a lil rain and have a nice nesting season. I haven't seen this many spring pheasants in east central ND in the last 7-8 years. With a good hatch we may have huntable numbers this fall. On the other hand the deer population is looking very poor.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Hopefully we get a lil rain and have a nice nesting season. I haven't seen this many spring pheasants in east central ND in the last 7-8 years. With a good hatch we may have huntable numbers this fall. On the other hand the deer population is looking very poor.
Yeah I have basically checked out of rifle hunting deer for a couple of years, but still do bow hunting (like that better anyway).

Some rain would be good, agreed ... but not too much (again).

Attachments

5691.jpg 0920150803b.jpg 0919151012a.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. A lot of pheasants running around these days. Hunting has taken a back seat to these last few years. Family and land are just a pain in the ass. I have a few badlands trips planned for the bow this year so that'll be fun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88