More Snow Next Week?

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting that you don't get much wind up there. I saw some pics from AK that a friend posted yesterday and the snow was piled up at least 6'' on the top of a fence post.
Luckily the way the systems move in, it's rarely windy when the snow falls. Once the sunny low moves in, we will likely have a windstorm. Unfortunately I live in a pretty windy place because of the mountain valleys all coming together. We have reached our average winter snowfall in basically 10 days. I hope this last round coming tonight is somewhat wet to lock everything to the ground. Last year over New Years we had 3 days of 70-90 mph winds. https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat-su/2022/01/03/in-pictures-windstorm-batters-palmer-and-wasilla/ If that happens right now, my house will be buried.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s snowing harder right now than it has the hole time. Now the wind is really ripping.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you have in your area of the State for snow totals from this last storm?
Kfyr TV posted this earlier, as of Thursday night...with 4-8 more expected for today in the eastern half of the state...
snow.png

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the post above it looks like our farm north of Skytown got 15.5''.
More on the way by the sounds of things.
Glad we are down here especially in the winter time.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Blew my snowblower yesterday, really had to scramble to find a replacement. It can be fixed but its like 6 weeks out and I cannot wait that long, Not this year anyway. Going to get it fixed just for a backup if I need it.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over 60” reported at Terry Peak outside of Deadwood. Dry powder that the wind is now rocketing across the prairie.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just checked the radar and its blue (snow) all the way to the Greatlakes and coming this way. WONDERFUL. LB

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
13 plus in Bismarck. Winds up to 37 mph. The interstate is closed from Dickinson to Jamestown. More snow tonight. Lovely.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our area is pretty cleaned up on the main streets. City must have hired a new leader of the street dept. as they are much better. Actually impressed.
Wind is starting to pick up fast.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We get the heavy wet snow all winter long, when it does snow.
We have to spray our snowblower throat/chute with PAM or some other non stick stuff. It helps as without it every 5 minutes you have to unplug the throat.
The wet stuff still doesn't blow very far.
We can always use the moisture down here.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We get the heavy wet snow all winter long, when it does snow.
We have to spray our snowblower throat/chute with PAM or some other non stick stuff. It helps as without it every 5 minutes you have to unplug the throat.
The wet stuff still doesn't blow very far.
We can always use the moisture down here.
I fought that nonsense for a while with sprays, etc.

Come to find out my belt was slipping. Put new belt on and nothing stops it no matter how sticky.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fought that nonsense for a while with sprays, etc.

Come to find out my belt was slipping. Put new belt on and nothing stops it no matter how sticky.
It didn't do it when we used it in ND but when we got down here with this super wet stuff, it acted up right away. We got the biggest walk behind one JD made about 5 years ago.
Wish it was just a change of the belt. I couldn't be that lucky.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18