More Snow Next Week?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're FREE!!!!! Been manning the blower since 8:30 this morning and just finished up. At least we can get to the blacktop if needed. I think I'll be poppin' Ibuprofen like gummy bears the rest of the day. Winter is SO FUN..........NOT!!!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has been a mean storm for the younger crowd who haven't really ever been cooped up for multiple days. Snow is super dry and deep to the west, farther east it is wetter and nastier. Will be tough for ranchers and wildlife alike. It was strange for us at least to get almost 24" of snow with hardly any wind, then two days and 12" more inches of snow to really make things difficult. Sounds like the roads are a mess all around SD.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
question for you home builders out there. I have a 1950's built house. I'm always cleaning snow off my east side sewer vent. Why can't I put a PVC extention on it? Already have one of those copper T's in it. Don't think they work with a foot or more of snow on it. Are new home pipes only that high?
Hang heat tape down inside the pipe?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
hard to believe i was hunting pheasants in a sweatshirt and hardly any snow 4 days ago.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I pushed snow with the Bobcat for over 4 hrs. I got everything pushed but the wind is still blowing. Will go out before bed and push with my 6x6. By morning the wind should die down,

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
This storm just doesn’t quit. Today and yesterday was the worst as you all know. I tried keeping up Tuesday Wednesday. And Thursday I just have up. Today I started blowing snow and cleared out a 4 foot snow drift. And tomorrow gonna tackle where the fish house is snowed in. I feel like ice fishing is doomed for the rest of the season unless a fella has a snowmobile.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another 5.5 inches of snow this morning. We're at about 21 inches snow and 2 inches of moisture in Dickinson.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
devils lake got over 20 inches and wind still blowing pretty good this morning

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weatherman says we got 17 inches, seems like more the way it blew in everywhere. Had to shovel a 3 foot drift away from the tracks and doors of two sliding 10ft doors to even get the tractor with dozer out to push snow. spent about 4 hours pushing snow to get the cattle fed and clean most of the yard out. Every gate was blown shut. I shoveled way to much snow, I had strained my back about a week before this crap and wasn't quite healed up, couldn't hardly straighten out and walk last night but feeling better this morning. I about cried when it started snowing again at 4pm.

Feel bad for the mailman out here. Hasn't delivered mail in 3 days and doubt we'll see him today either. Poor bastard might have 5 days of mail to deliver next week and the gravel roads will still be shit as our blademan is a worthless POS.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
C8D044A1-CDBC-4574-8716-FDC6DC494FB3.jpeg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't get too worried just yet. The GFS and Euro are about a state apart on its path. One puts it on a path from Pierre to Jamestown, the other has it over Sioux Falls with a big nothingburger for the vast majority of ND. Lots of narrowing down on that will be done over the coming days, but it's winter...so expecting snow isn't really that shocking.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
At this point I say bring it! Its already a mess out there so we may as well sit and marvel at mother nature's show, set a few new weather records and start preparing the boats for spring fishing. Then we can all sit and laugh at Fargo who seems to need >25 years to build any type of flood protection.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88