More Snow Next Week?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This last storm killed a ton of pheasants in south central SD. Laying dead all over with the settling snow.
Went for a drive up here yesterday saw lots of birds no dead ones yet. Time to go pile the roosters up and help the hens. Looking good for filling pots holes for next years nest for the ducks

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This last storm killed a ton of pheasants in south central SD. Laying dead all over with the settling snow.
My deer herd is growing and they are in the yard eating ALL DAY AND NIGHT. They don't even run when I do chores now and I can stand 20 yards from them and talk to them for a bit before they start moving away. They come back in about 3 minutes though. Yesterday I was blowing snow and finished up at about 1pm. I hadn't even taken off my boots in the house when 9 came walking in. They were apparently waiting for the noise to stop. It's shaping up to be a real tough winter for the critters.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Went for a drive up here yesterday saw lots of birds no dead ones yet. Time to go pile the roosters up and help the hens. Looking good for filling pots holes for next years nest for the ducks
The problem is walking is almost impossible , the are flighty as hell , unless you are hunting in a farmstead you chances are pretty slim . I experienced this even before this last storm . I cleaned up my hunting boots and called it a year

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were pretty close last time.
1672238809027.png

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is walking is almost impossible , the are flighty as hell , unless you are hunting in a farmstead you chances are pretty slim . I experienced this even before this last storm . I cleaned up my hunting boots and called it a year
Well thats where most are is tree belts or at farms. Get a bunch of people together surround the trees and make sure your ready to reload. I will stand back and let the dog retrieve its almost like a tower shoot they do in England.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't get too worried just yet. The GFS and Euro are about a state apart on its path. One puts it on a path from Pierre to Jamestown, the other has it over Sioux Falls with a big nothingburger for the vast majority of ND. Lots of narrowing down on that will be done over the coming days, but it's winter...so expecting snow isn't really that shocking.
Alan does the accuracy of the GFS the last few storms surprise you? Been pretty spot on.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alan does the accuracy of the GFS the last few storms surprise you? Been pretty spot on.
As someone once mentioned to me "even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while".

But no, not really. The GFS is one of the top two global models out there. It has times where it performs very well.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fake news, fake weather what else is new. Their jobs are not that important.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
california is suppose to get a bunch of rain and snow and they will just let run back into the ocean and still have the drought they want

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Road blocked again. Plow never came after last weeks blow so is really nasty now. Wife is stuck in Fargo again, wasnt expecting this until Wednesday so she is short on uniforms but has enough needed meds this time. She is going to buy extra clothes and stay at friends house his week if needed. She got parking so hopefully this should work out. LB

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a bad version/tune for the head. In fact the best with Eric having zero memory (sad). 2nd guitar solo by Albert Lee (snow :():

Bonus:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89