ND zebra mussels

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was in Utah / AZ a few years ago and to get into or out of lake powell and Mead your boat was not only inspected but washed off with some kind of solution and all water was contained, one had to drive across a wash station next to a semi with water tanks. Maybe that's the extreme we need here too.;:;popcorn

this is exacty what is needed and what montana and wyoming are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the red has zebra mussels the sheyenne river and wild rice rivers that originate in nd will also have zebra mussels. The bald hill dam will stop the infestation from entering ashtabula hopefully. The time is now for STRICT penaltys and checkpoints.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was in Utah / AZ a few years ago and to get into or out of lake powell and Mead your boat was not only inspected but washed off with some kind of solution and all water was contained, one had to drive across a wash station next to a semi with water tanks. Maybe that's the extreme we need here too.;:;popcorn

Any boats with out of state tags should go through this process. MN put a ton of new regulations (which they later rescinded) on anyone coming into the state with a boat. No reason we can't do the same in hope of protecting our water ways. Someone needs to be entreprenurial about this. Dakota Washstation....for you dirty out of staters.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any boats with out of state tags should go through this process. MN put a ton of new regulations (which they later rescinded) on anyone coming into the state with a boat. No reason we can't do the same in hope of protecting our water ways. Someone needs to be entreprenurial about this. Dakota Washstation....for you dirty out of staters.

IMO dont discrimnate based on lisc state. Plenty of Nodak boats going to MN and back every weekend. Stop em all at the border like MT and WY do. Wyoming is downright STRICT about it! and I applaud them for it. Funding it? WY makes you buy a NR ANS sticker to put on your boat.
NDGF could learn alot of things from the departments to the west of us.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
what's been the impact on fishing?

Nothing as far as I can tell yet, but we'll see if the weed edge goes deeper this year. I do most of my walleye fishing in lower light conditions anyway. My uncle, who does most of his fishing late mornings and afternoons has been down this year compared to previous years, however.

This is only the third year with them, however, so we'll see what happens. I know each year the water has been getting exponentially clearer.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO dont discrimnate based on lisc state. Plenty of Nodak boats going to MN and back every weekend. Stop em all at the border like MT and WY do. Wyoming is downright STRICT about it! and I applaud them for it. Funding it? WY makes you buy a NR ANS sticker to put on your boat.

Anything coming into north dakota would be subject to descrimination.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you bring up what other states are doing the folks down at the NDGF become very defensive.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great lakes and Lake Winnipeg both are full of zebras, giant pig walleyes caught there all the time. No stinky algae bloom every summer. I guess i don't see a problem...:;:stirthepot::: (kinda, just something to think about)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great lakes and Lake Winnipeg both are full of zebras, giant pig walleyes caught there all the time. No stinky algae bloom every summer. I guess i don't see a problem...:;:stirthepot::: (kinda, just something to think about)

The salmon fishing on lake michigan has taken a huge hit from zebra mussels. Lake winnipeg does not have a the infestation yet like the great lakes. IT blows my mind that peoples thinking can be so obtuse as to think that zebra mussels could somehow help a great fishing lake.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think restrictions need and fines need to be way tougher on these things. The real problem i see are the birds how does a guy control them and keep them from spreading ans

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
musselfilm6.jpg
Winnipeg looks pretty effin infested! whats the water clarity like on peg away from the river mouth? anyone know?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
272068-Berserker.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think restrictions need and fines need to be way tougher on these things. The real problem i see are the birds how does a guy control them and keep them from spreading ans

this

- - - Updated - - -

20477ec52c92d123a58c183e0e73d344.jpg
Winnipeg looks pretty effin infested! whats the water clarity like on peg away from the river mouth? anyone know?

good lord. that's not awesome.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are zebras black with white strips, or white with black stripes?

When water is clear it doesn't heat up as fast.

A gay man is less likely to inpregnat your daughters

A guy driving his car 60 mph in reverse is more dangerous than a barrel full of silverbacks

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88