NDA Jedi Bullhead Master

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a great time and special thanks again to the KDM family! Lack of preparation was my demise. A cracked livewell pump and a stuck bilge pump was the culprit for my sinking ship and shortened fishing hours. Lesson learned for next year :) It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new people.

eeek... somehow I missed hearing about that!

sinking boats make a person's pooper feel funny :;:lame

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
not exactly sure how much water it takes to fill a 20 ft boat an inch deep on the carpet, guessing a few hundred gallons. I was wondering if I would have enuf ass to get up on plane and get it drained but it did fine. It took about a 30 to 40 min boat ride to get it drained with the plug out.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the wash down system in my ProV, I once left it running with the nozzle pointed into the holder, right into the bottom of the boat. We went about 5 miles from the ramp, started fishing, and one of the ladies in the back of the boat says "johnr you have water in the back of the boat" of course I tell her "nah you must have spilt, this boat doesn't leak." She says "well its leaking, cause its getting deeper.

I turned on the pump, jumped into the shallow water to with my spare plug, thinking that must be what happened, nope none of the above, my GD boat is sinking.

Funny thing was the pump was pumping water into the boat with the wash-down hose running, just as fast as my bilge pump was pumping it out.

I run a 225 opti, it took everything that motor had to bring my boat unto plane, get back to the ramp and shut everything down, but still hear a pump running, then realize this wash down hose was running the entire time filling the boat up....

Sucks when you think you are going to swamp your boat, and realize that you are just an idiot and sinking your own boat.

Aquaholic

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will talk to the boss. I've watched this spectacle of wonder for too many years through the computer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84