Need a rules breakdown asap

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am requesting an official rules to the nda website in regards to what is considered for any particular topic for threads, and I would also like to know why certain threads are being kicked down to political from the search engine Google. I feel as a long time member of this site that some clarification would be greatly appreciated. The excuse becuase they said so sounds like we are all bunch of children that have been scolded by our parents and we ask for a reason why becuase I said so was the go to answer.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have NEVER said "because I said so". Not once!

I have said "because google flagged it", which is literally me conveying the exact info to you. I have even given you the reason why they have flagged it, often times. I wish this wasn't a thing! I truly do, and if you can come up with another way to pay the bills, I am all ears, bud! This is literally the least intrusive way. Typically the only other model is a subscription model and I'm not doing that.

I do not think it is a terrible inconvenience to have the political discussions in the political area. Many of them get flagged, and over 1/2 of the community has shown to not want those threads in the main feed. It's not like they are getting deleted.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I would also like to know why certain threads are being kicked down to political from the search engine Google.
It's not Google search that is flagging it, it is Google Ads. They are the ones that host the ads on the site, and they have a few rules that go along with that. The ads pay for the hosting, upgrades, etc. Without the ads the site will get shut off. As much as I love this site and absolutely love the people here, I will NOT have it be a zero income property and then have to pay the bills for it out of pocket, taking money away from my family. Sorry ...

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am requesting an official rules to the nda website in regards to what is considered for any particular topic for threads, and I would also like to know why certain threads are being kicked down to political from the search engine Google. I feel as a long time member of this site that some clarification would be greatly appreciated. The excuse becuase they said so sounds like we are all bunch of children that have been scolded by our parents and we ask for a reason why becuase I said so was the go to answer.
Easy killer

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not Google search that is flagging it, it is Google Ads. They are the ones that host the ads on the site, and they have a few rules that go along with that. The ads pay for the hosting, upgrades, etc. Without the ads the site will get shut off. As much as I love this site and absolutely love the people here, I will NOT have it be a zero income property and then have to pay the bills for it out of pocket, taking money away from my family. Sorry ...
So how did you manage in the past then on the old website you never had this issue not one time did I ever see a thread get kicked down to political.
It's an honest question because for me I would take the old website over the nazi Google ads anyday
My first part why can't we have a general idea of nda rules that should be followed

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So how did you manage in the past then on the old website you never had this issue not one time did I ever see a thread get kicked down to political.
It's an honest question because for me I would take the old website over the nazi Google ads anyway.
My first part why can't we have a general idea of nda rules that should be followed
Posts got kicked to "politics" and "members only" just as often on the old site. You've just gotten more brash with what you try to post into the main feed.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have NEVER said "because I said so". Not once!

I have said "because google flagged it", which is literally me conveying the exact info to you. I have even given you the reason why they have flagged it, often times. I wish this wasn't a thing! I truly do, and if you can come up with another way to pay the bills, I am all ears, bud! This is literally the least intrusive way. Typically the only other model is a subscription model and I'm not doing that.

I do not think it is a terrible inconvenience to have the political discussions in the political area. Many of them get flagged, and over 1/2 of the community has shown to not want those threads in the main feed. It's not like they are getting deleted.
Ok someone from the Google ad has issues with non woke right wing ideas that Google investors do not find ok. You made yourself clear Vollmer this new site brings in financial equity to you that I assume the old site was less capital, Thank you for the clarification now
As far as the political part there is a clear double standards that benefit certain members who seem to think that putting political images in a non political thread is ok this is confusing to me. I am all about following the rules but this isn't fair and i fricken hate double standards.
If you don't see a problem please let me know i could have posted this in a dm but I feel this effects everyone and needs to be said out in public so that everyone can speak their mind.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts got kicked to "politics" and "members only" just as often on the old site. You've just gotten more brash with what you try to post into the main feed.
Only time any of my threads where kicked outright where specific to president trump even if they were on non political subjects even if they were talking about his personal life. The woke bud light thread IMHO was not political nothing in the subject in the content of the thread was anywhere near political. That's why it doesn't make any sense, you are right we live in a world where our freedomis are being taken away to appease the powerful people who control the money.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Political posts into the political section. I don't know how to simplify that any further.
Ok someone from the Google ad has issues with woke right wing ideas that Google investors do not find ok. You made yourself clear Vollmer this new site brings in financial equity to you that I assume the old site did not. Thank you for the clarification now
It is the exact same system as the old site. The new site actually brings in less, because it is properly setup for mobile and mobile ads bring in less, but I am okay with that. I do not run this site for profit, but at the same time, I am not going to have it bring in zero and then spend a ton of money out of pocket to keep it online. Sorry, but taking care of my family takes precedence on that.
As far as the political part there is a clear double standards that benefit certain members who seem to think that putting political images in a non political thread is ok this is confusing to me. I am all about following the rules but this isn't fair and i fricken hate double standards.
I will consider your request for censorship in the haha's thread.
I could have posted this in a dm but I feel this effects everyone and needs to be said out in public so that everyone can speak their mind.
It's no problem.
The woke bud light thread IMHO was not political nothing in the subject in the content of the thread was anywhere near political.
I agree, and if I recall, Google flagged that for some sort of sexually explicit content, or something like that. I don't make those rules. I just have to follow them. So, unless everyone wants to pay a subscription in order to cover the costs, those extremes that they flag, need to be dealt with, unfortunately.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will except what ever you do even if I don't like it I just wish we had a standard rules across the board that is why the hottest threads on this site are political because of the double standards of the left and how they want to control what they don't find up to their standards if that is what you want to call it. I was hoping this site was different in that way.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Political posts into the political section. I don't know how to simplify that any further.

It is the exact same system as the old site. The new site actually brings in less, because it is properly setup for mobile and mobile ads bring in less, but I am okay with that. I do not run this site for profit, but at the same time, I am not going to have it bring in zero and then spend a ton of money out of pocket to keep it online. Sorry, but taking care of my family takes precedence on that.

I will consider your request for censorship in the haha's thread.

It's no problem.

I agree, and if I recall, Google flagged that for some sort of sexually explicit content, or something like that. I don't make those rules. I just have to follow them. So, unless everyone wants to pay a subscription in order to cover the costs, those extremes that they flag, need to be dealt with, unfortunately.
Again what is considered political it's not a cut and dry response because I could go back in the last few months and find subjects that were political. That's why the tc 911 thread to me is non political thread because it doesn't fit the traditional political subject. It would be in the same non political subjects as Ukraine, covid , and the dapl threads all those were considered non political from day one and there were way more people posting on those subjects and had no problem doing so.

Search for a word
po·lit·i·cal
/pəˈlidək(ə)l/
adjective
relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
"a period of political and economic stability"
Similar:
governmental
government
local government
ministerial
parliamentary
party political
diplomatic
legislative
policy-making
constitutional
public
civic
state
administrative
bureaucratic
relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.
"a decision taken for purely political reasons"

interested in or active in politics.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Again what is considered political it's not a cut and dry response because I could go back in the last few months and find subjects that were political. That's why the tc 911 thread to me is non political thread because it doesn't fit the traditional political subject. It would be in the same non political subjects as Ukraine, covid , and the dapl threads all those were considered non political from day one and there were way more people posting on those subjects and had no problem doing so.

Search for a word
po·lit·i·cal
/pəˈlidək(ə)l/
adjective
relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
"a period of political and economic stability"
Similar:
governmental
government
local government
ministerial
parliamentary
party political
diplomatic
legislative
policy-making
constitutional
public
civic
state
administrative
bureaucratic
relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.
"a decision taken for purely political reasons"

interested in or active in politics.
Everything is political the days. Race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, favorite food, hot or cold water to wash your frigging clothes...we are two completely separate nations living amongst each other.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything is political the days. Race, gender, serial orientation, religion, favorite food, hot or cold water to wash your frigging clothes...we are two completely separate nations living amongst each other.
Absolutely and the ones in charge are squeezing Vollmers balls, that's why Elon took Twitter private and is making verified members pay to use his site. I always thought Vollmer got paid by foot traffic to his site from guests and members who use up data signal . As far as mobile friendly I personally never had a problem using the other site on my phone because I rarely used my computer anymore.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Absolutely and the ones in charge are squeezing Vollmers balls, that's why Elon took Twitter private and is making verified members pay to use his site. I always thought Vollmer got paid by foot traffic to his site from guests and members who use up data signal . As far as mobile friendly I personally never had a problem using the other site on my phone because I rarely used my computer anymore.
I don't think that would work here. Charging a "verified member" fee, or a subscription would likely be unpopular. The site has always been supported by the ads, as it allows for the site to be free to the community.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure Vollmer has $44 Billion, so probably just going to have to live with it ;)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just post this "shit" in "politics" and keep the .38 at the ready.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an idea Lunk. Why don't you start your own site, run it how you want to. And see how it goes. You seem to have all this internet knowledge at your disposal, so it should be no big deal at all for you to build your own site. Best of luck...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84