Need your mechanic thoughts

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
probably because the bulb was burnt out ... just say'in :;:cheers

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by guywhofishes

210,000 miles on my 99 Ram. Never had a check engine light.

Just sayin. :;:howdy

The CEL must be malfunctioning, probably
more than just the bulb.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by guywhofishes

210,000 miles on my 99 Ram. Never had a check engine light.

Just sayin. :;:howdy

The CEL must be malfunctioning, probably
more than just the bulb.

now THAT's smart engineering - 210,000 miles of bliss :;:rockit

yet another thumbs up for the Ram crew

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
now THAT's smart engineering - 210,000 miles of bliss :;:rockit

yet another thumbs up for the Ram crew

CEL delete should be a factory option independant of manufacturer. As should traction control delete/disable and a full-on "off" setting for the dome light.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would buy a ford.........just saying.....

- - - Updated - - -

on serious note my Pontiac boneeville threw a p0171 code and had similar issues, it was the ignition module whatever the fk that is. runs like the 3800 should now!

- - - Updated - - -

oh an it had 2 coils replaced as well.

shes my run to work car so I only bring her in when she really needs it. I had been noticing hesitation for awhile though

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
New Ranger tiller damn mike must be rough that chiro thing works.

Not new. Back cracking on the associate level doesn't net you much. But selling my boat and buying used closed up the difference. Didn't get the deal done and I missed out on a very nice boat. Worse yet, it's going to Iowa. Live and learn I guess.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 06 Taurus that is now squealing like a school girl from under the hood, google suggests its some diode or whatnot. I have it going to the local Ford garage on the 15th. Should be a $300 fix, and will likely be $1000 when all said and done...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 06 Taurus that is now squealing like a school girl from under the hood, google suggests its some diode or whatnot. I have it going to the local Ford garage on the 15th. Should be a $300 fix, and will likely be $1000 when all said and done...

Friend of mine had an older Taurus SHO. That thing was awesome but redlining it every time you left a stop sign/light didn't do it any favors. It actually started on fire one night. He couldn't figure out why it did that. I think he's still waiting for his call to join the fast and the furious.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not new. Back cracking on the associate level doesn't net you much. But selling my boat and buying used closed up the difference. Didn't get the deal done and I missed out on a very nice boat. Worse yet, it's going to Iowa. Live and learn I guess.

At at least it's not going to WI. We mighta hadta high-jack it back.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member

I can think of no job title containing the word "associate" that pays top dollar for any field. In fact most words beginning with "ass" are not neat.

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got an '04 Silverado 1500 with 145,000 on it, and I've had pretty good luck with it. About 4 years ago, some mice made a meal out of the insulation on some wires, next thing I know the Tranny & 4WD are acting funny. I'd be driving and it wouldn't up-shift, I'd start it up and it would be in 4-low when I never put it in 4-low, etc. That cost me a good $500 to fix. Another problem I've had is the voltage regulator went out on the alternator last month, cost $100 & 30 min of labor to replace it with a remanufactured one. Now, last week, the voltage gauge was pegged to the right. I checked the output voltage on the alternator and it was 15v. I checked the battery output with everything off and it was 12v. Seems like a bad gauge to me, atleast I hope so. Taking it to the shop on Monday, can't wait for the outrageous bill.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
ROI is terrible with tv commercials. Money is better spent being out in the public with more specificity.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't, eye. We'll explore the intake leak. Just haven't had time to dig into it yet.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't, eye. We'll explore the intake leak. Just haven't had time to dig into it yet.
spray some carb cleaner around all the intake gasket areas. If the speed of the engine goes up you have an intake leak.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53