Need your mechanic thoughts

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That boat would like much nicer behind a shinny new eco boost Ford F150.

spend it up dude.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it get better when the engine warms up? Acts up when cold start?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, look for broken exhaust manifold to head bolts, these tend to break off and can suck air into the exhaust causing a lean condition as the 02 reads air fuel ratio after the exhaust manifold. You could also ohm resistance in the 02 sensor (check both fronts) as this will give you an idea if they are bad. Check fuel pressure as poor pressure will usually indicate lean on bank 1.

Last edited:

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sooooooo, I am boatless for the entire spring and summer Dirty. I would think my pickup could pull your new tiller from ramp to ramp until you get your pickup figured out.

#takemefishing

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy had another offer on the table and I didn't know for sure if my boat was gone yet. So, I don't know if I got it.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were you able to get this issue resolved? The codes that you pulled will likely have nothing to do with the O2 sensor or the plugs. The PCM sends P0171 when there is a vacuum leak. Unfortunately, there is not quick and easy solution for this. The P0300 could very well be an injector issue.

If you're still going to try the O2 to rule it out, do yourself a favor and just buy a few O2 simulators. They are MUCH cheaper than new sensors and they will get you by just fine. If the plugs and simulators don't work, you may have to take it in, as diagnosing vacuum leaks can be a daunting task.

The new boat will do you no good without a way to pull it.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy had another offer on the table and I didn't know for sure if my boat was gone yet. So, I don't know if I got it.

Did you tell him that you had 93,244 NDA points ??

Does he realize who you are ??

Seriously though, hope you get it.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you tell him that you had 93,244 NDA points ??

Does he realize who you are ??

Seriously though, hope you get it.

Even offered him one snooty patooty. He obviously doesn't know the value of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Were you able to get this issue resolved? The codes that you pulled will likely have nothing to do with the O2 sensor or the plugs. The PCM sends P0171 when there is a vacuum leak. Unfortunately, there is not quick and easy solution for this. The P0300 could very well be an injector issue.

If you're still going to try the O2 to rule it out, do yourself a favor and just buy a few O2 simulators. They are MUCH cheaper than new sensors and they will get you by just fine. If the plugs and simulators don't work, you may have to take it in, as diagnosing vacuum leaks can be a daunting task.

The new boat will do you no good without a way to pull it.

I'll know more after today. I trust my friend as he does plenty of side work and has always fixed whatever I brought him.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll kick in a patootie and a red tiger x-rap too. THAT'S saying' something. Norm, i hope he gets this boat too. Seeing as how I can drive by ever policeman in the state, legally, after an entire day of fishing, I can be your guys' Bwanaa.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know, the Jimmy was available for like a whole month there. You could have scooped it up.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
So...What fixed it? I was suspecting leaking intake gaskets, but needed more info to be sure....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might be right as the plugs and wires didn't do it and even though bank one sensor one was bad and replaced, it still has a CEL and small misfire.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spray around the intake with brake clean or carb spray when the engine is cold. If the rpm change, the intake gaskets leak causing your lean condition and misfire. The GM LS engines are notorious or this problem. if you test fuel pressure, 55-60 psi is where it should be at idling. Anything less and you can also get a bank 1 lean condition.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I definitely appreciate the help. Hopefully I get this thing narrowed down soon. I don't like check engine lights.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a piece of electrical tape over the Check Engine light and turn up the radio?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a piece of electrical tape over the Check Engine light and turn up the radio?

my old blazer in highschool i traded in with electrical tape over the CEL. I always have wondered if they noticed when the dealer dude test drove it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52