New boat suggestions

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
part of the reason my wife likes my warrior 2121 is because i take my 2 boys out all the time (1.5 and 3.5 this summer) the sides are very high in comparison to anything else, i worried about netting fish but it hasn't been a problem yet. as far as warriors, 2121, 208,203, 193 all great boats and can handle sak.... lund baron would have been my 2nd choice

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
high sides and wind -- imo -- weight is more important - windshield vs. no windshield has an impact too.

Momma likes the high sides --- she also loves the bimini top --- my brother has the top with the sides and a buddy heater -- he is still pulling walleyes out in the Big C and Roosevelt.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Short...you still have your Alumacraft Trophy? After riding in a buddy's Impact last summer, decided I didn't want the large gunnels like the Trophy and the Targa have. Seems like you get more functional space the way the Impact is set up? I dunno, just really liked the way the Impact was set up...the new 1875s are 18ft 11in...so basically a 19ft boat.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree the gunnels serve no purpose -- i would rather have a shelf so to speak like the impact. Length mine is 18' 8" --- imo for the price buy the longest boat you can store and afford, buy something newer for purposes of the engine as they are very expensive if they break, the glass vs alum topic if no material savings exist between the same length boat (which wouldnt surprise me with a lund tyeee) then for sure by the glass. Dont forget -- trackerranger - Nitros that is what i dream of now days. Actually i am considering trading in the old craft for a bass boat and start fishing largemouths again. (sick of the wind)

Green19

I like my Nitro ZV18. (18' 11" long) but you should look at the ZV21. Solid boats. That's all, no pitch, just tellin' ya my stuff.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have been fishing out of a 20 foot lund alaskan tiller on dvl for 8 years Im buying a windshield boat before spring. Alot of nice boats but i dont like that most to have any room the bow has to be used. the new glass boats are so nice I really cant see myself fishing out of one,

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
gunnels on my boat make an incredible casting platform - useful for sight fishing crappies, pitching to bass, and such

they must be over a foot wide - ha ha - one of these days I'll go for a dip but not yet

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
^This...I'll be upgrading this year as well. Planning to go with a Lund 1875 Impact...sticking with tin. Started researching them end of last summer. Noticed that with Lund at least, the 2019s started hitting the dealers in July/August. At that point the 2018s started dropping in price. Planning to wait until the 2020s hit the dealers, will try to find a 2019 at that point. Good luck and take your time researching/reading/looking!

1775 impact victim here.......shes too slow and to small...not sure the 1875 is much better,,,,,fair warning.

- - - Updated - - -

part of the reason my wife likes my warrior 2121 is because i take my 2 boys out all the time (1.5 and 3.5 this summer) the sides are very high in comparison to anything else, i worried about netting fish but it hasn't been a problem yet. as far as warriors, 2121, 208,203, 193 all great boats and can handle sak.... lund baron would have been my 2nd choice

Bingo.......If you want to be safe and have high sides for kiddos warrior is your answer. If you want all the room you could possibly have for trolling, she's set up perfect. I've been in the 2121 and if I had the $ for it, it would be a no brainer. Waves, what waves. Hammer down and crush some waves.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^701...so you are not happy with your 1775? Just curious what year it is and what motor you got on it? Moving up from a 16ft 75hp to an almost 19ft 150hp boat seems like a nice step up to me?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you fish again b4 making your decision, throw a sealed empty aluminum bottle (like a coors light bottle) and a sealed empty glass bottle overboard into the wind and waves and see what they do...

if i fished smaller secluded lakes, no way i would buy glass, but by having it for sak and devils, it doubles my days out and doubles my catch on the sketch days, just because of boat control... in my eyes its almost like comparing a 2 wheel drive to a 4x4...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
400lbs difference between that tyee 2075 and most fiberglass boats its length.

Doubles your catch my ass.
fost.jpg

take the tyee add 2 more beer drinkers ---- then what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

alum boat --- you will never win a tourney on DL against the locals;:;popcorn

you will win it miles away and be bored in the parking lot weighting on the heavy boats to come back
AR-180739930.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

how old was that kid anyway?

Attachments

fos.png
Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shopped for my last boat specifically with grandkids and my back in mind, My old lund baron weighs about # 2800 dry and 3500 wet , Even more when loaded. I like a top and side curtains for those yucky days and I catch just as many fish being comfortable as I ever did out in the open with other fishing boats , Rides like a Cadillac in big waves and it's a dry ride no matter what. I haven't fished out of a new glass boat to compare it to but I'd race you to the slides and back from Clayton's in a good wind.

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i did that in mine (17 1/2') - still couldn't pull against 2 footers with an 80# terrova cuz it stuck out of the water 2' higher than the equivalent glass boat and grabbed whatever wind there was... the 60" shaft on my 19' nitro rarely comes out of the water in 4 footers - the 60" in the tyee was out 1/2 the time in 18"ers...

tell me about your tyee compared to your glass boat short... nice pic by the way...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found it for you and for that price difference vs the lund or the warrior you can still get Momma that Yukon she wanted for xmas

Alumacraft Competitor 205 Sport · MSRP $54,733.00 Year End Sale $44,999.00. 250HP Yamaha, with trailer. ConditionNew; LocationRed Wing

haggle it down good---the economy is just starting to slip --- or wait till the economy tanks thats when the real good deals start coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

last of the yammys on the crafts

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roscoe, you're in a good spot right now. With boat shows coming up, see who can give you the best deal. The only dealer we wont have in bismarck/mandan is yarcraft but there is one in garrison. There are guys on here with all of the 20' class boats and I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering your questions. Nothing replaces a ride along though. Any preference you have for motors and graphs might play into your decision. At the end of the day, the decision is yours.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything you want to know or see on a Warrior shoot me a PM. I will give you no bullshit straight forward answers. These threads usually turn into pissing matches with lots of hurt feelings. You have all winter to make your decision on what YOU like best. So go kick a bunch of tires, see which dealers will give you the time of day when you aren't holding onto your checkbook. Everybody is always about finding the best deal but remember that when it's time Togo fishing and you find yourself in need the dealer you choose is going to be your best friend or your worst enemy, this you will find out real quick.
It's like you can see into the future

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember, if you do get a big glass boat don’t expect to go back to a smaller boat on the big water. It spoils you a bit.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
400lbs difference between that tyee 2075 and most fiberglass boats its length.

Doubles your catch my ass.
njefsoru8gx01.jpg

take the tyee add 2 more beer drinkers ---- then what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

alum boat --- you will never win a tourney on DL against the locals;:;popcorn

you will win it miles away and be bored in the parking lot weighting on the heavy boats to come back
74468349_2879273445427503_4801677487358607360_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

how old was that kid anyway?

I think he is 20. Also thought I read that ranger picked him up as prostaff... could be wrong.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reading a similar thread about how much superior a glass boat was over aluminum, I sat and watched different boats bob around where I was catching fish at the Hook last summer on a windy day. I watched 18-20 ft Yars, Skeeters, Rangers, and glass Lunds all come out of the water with their bows just as if they were a similarly sized aluminum boat. For comparison's sake, there were a couple of 1875 Lund Crossovers and Pro V's of the 19-20 ft range doing the bob right next to the glass boats that day.

However, I sat on the longest of all (22+ ft Toon) and my 60" shaft never once came out of the water.

The way a boat bobs up and down is relative to its length, weight, and loading. I can sit in the bow of my 17.5 ft Fisherman and enjoy the rollercoaster ride in 3 ft waves with my prop largely staying in the water, or I can go back behind the windshield with whoever else is fishing with me and put that bow up and out of the water so much so that I can't control her.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still say boat manufacturers should design ballasts into aluminum hulls . Best of both worlds to pull an aluminum boat down the road that you can make ride like a glass boat with the push of a button.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84