New fishing gear

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of gear are you looking to get this year? Boat upgrades, lures, or rods?

I would like to get some front steps for my boat trailer, and one of them fancy self latching boat hookups

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The drotto's are pretty nice when you "finally" get them adjusted properly. I have gone up over the top of mine before, not a fun situation. Thank god I had a 2x4 in back of truck to help pry it up and back over.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fishing Specialties set-up to mount my livescope on my 1974 Lund Tiller. Can't. Wait!

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Drotto is on the list, we just updated to the Summit pole for ice fishing so I am looking at getting the boat connections for it.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've tried the summit pole in open water @Shockwave, if your stationary or moving slow it'll work, but if you want to bounce around it's likely not going to hold up very well.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Going to pick up a new 72" Terrova, more cranks, and might add a house/electronics battery to the new boat. Need to finish wiring graphs and a few odds and ends before open water.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank god I am all good to go. No more money needed to be spend add to 401K I guess.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Adding a Merc 15 kicker on this year. New boats are too dam spendy so I'll just add to what I've got.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up a Scheels one bait casting rod, looking forward to giving it a try.
Also picked up a new reel for ice fishing that has a "clicker" on it so when I dead stick I should be able to hear it pealing off.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
New boat, different brand bowmount, new brand of lithium batteries, and some new lure types to try.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Power Pole Move? Has anyone been customizing them to be 72"s yet?
The move PV is available in 72", most comparable to the terrova, the scissor assist ZR like the ultrex is still the short guy unfortunately. I will be running a 72" move PV this season as well.

Last edited:

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Power Pole Move? Has anyone been customizing them to be 72"s yet?
As Bauer said, no 72 in the ZR (Ultrex style). I will be running the other PP Move PV in 72. I have been in constant discussion with the folks at PP and cannot see the 72 coming in the Move ZR anytime soon and a custom build is something they did not feel comfortable with.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The move is available in 72", most comparable to the terrova, the scissor assist PV like the ultrex is still the short guy unfortunately. I will be running a 72" move this season as well.
What are the upsides to the Move PV?

Does it "mate up" with sonar and mapping electronics?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Power Pole has the option of a Lowrance HDI transducer built in. The PV is a Terrova style stow and deploy while the ZR is Ultrex style stow and deploy. Turning motors are the same. The ZR shaft length maxes at 60 while the PV goes to 72. Same issue with Minnkota related models; but many (including me) custom built an Ultrex to have the 72 inch shaft. The Ultrex turning motor is MUCH faster than the Terrova. Unsure if this has changed with the new line-up of Minnkota trolling motors (Quest line-up). I wanted the Ultrex stow and deploy feature so I could add a separate turret (LiveFoot) for my FFS so it moved independently of the trolling motor. I will have to utilize a manual option with my move to Power Pole products.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88