New Roundabout Law

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wasn't aware this was passed. Thank God - our lives will be so much safer. Blinkers in roundabouts should solve the world's problems.

1689744897001.png

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/07/18/new-law-requires-drivers-use-blinkers-when-exiting-
roundabouts/

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reality is that many Law Enforcement Agencies were already pulling people over for not using a turn signal when exiting a roundabout under the "changing lane" provision of current law. This really just clarifies and reinforces the BS reasoning for those LEOs used in pulling people over.

Not a fan...

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most city roundabouts are way to small to make signaling much help anyway. They need to be bigger to have much of an effect IMO.
Thinking they will keep getting bigger. These small ones were put in to get us morons used to them.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roundabouts are the best thing ever. Old people struggle with them and tend to fuck up the flow.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive never seen people use turn signals in roundabouts, whats the law in other states? It seems like it is unnecessarily complicating something that should be simple...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reality is that many Law Enforcement Agencies were already pulling people over for not using a turn signal when exiting a roundabout under the "changing lane" provision of current law. This really just clarifies and reinforces the BS reasoning for those LEOs used in pulling people over.

Not a fan...
Yes, just another reason for LE to harass people imo...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roundabouts are the best thing ever. Old people struggle with them and tend to fuck up the flow.
Agree - best thing ever.

Disagree on the strugglers though. Struggling with things seems limited to no specific demographic these days. (see TikTok, etc.)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most city roundabouts are way to small to make signaling much help anyway. They need to be bigger to have much of an effect IMO.
Right?

Officer: "you didn't signal"

Me: "yes I did, but I had already exited by the time the one second delay in signal lights was over."

This is so DUMB!!!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's hard to use signals when you are busy looking at your phone. :oops:
Give a few LEOs HD pickups with those big rubber bumpers that wrecker-trucks use. Let 'em bonk people @ traffic signals/control structures that either don't signal and/or are on their phone. You get a bonk, and a ticket. Cop-bonk also = pay the damages outta your own pocket, no Ins claim.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roundabouts are confusing the same people who get the deer in the headlights look, when they come to a 4 way stop sign.
Some people don't have a clue and will never figure it out.
A four way stop is infuriating most days, not sure how people cannot understand the first to stop is the first to go, both stop at the same time the fella on the right goes first...

I have sat at a 4 way for 5 minutes waiting for the fucker that is next to courage up and go, even when they wave me on, I out of pure stubbornness will sit until I die before I will go next. My wife rarely drives with me anymore.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 4 way stop sign thing is people are not paying attention before they get there and don't know who was there first. I give them a few seconds to make the first move if they don't go, fuck them as I'm stepping on the gas.

Another thing at 4 way stop signs is, when you do go step a little harder on the gas peddle, hate people that do .25 MPH through the intersection. :mad:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's that big of an inconvenience to use a turn signal ? If you ask me they should be required and enforced on every intersection so people pick up on using them like a bad habit. Not much irks me more than waiting at an intersection to make a right turn and vehicles to my left come flying down the road and slam on the brakes and make a right turn while I sit and wait because they don't want to be hassled with the chore of using their turn signal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84