Announcement New Site

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So, I did not plan to release this, yet. I, however, had a multitude of issues, while importing information from the old site, so, I ended up having to move forward with it, a little earlier than planned.

I know everyone hates change. I do too. Please hang in there, as I iron out whatever issues arise with this new site build.

I tried to port over as much as I could. I lost all classified ads, fishing reports, groups info, and gallery images. I do hope you all help to rebuild these areas, with new content.

Your login should work normally, with the same login information.
This should be much improved for mobile viewing.
This should be much quicker, and responsive.
This is far newer "technology". The old site was on some seriously old code/framework.

Please report any issues, or findings, in this thread, or email me at dgsemipro@gmail.com, or by using the "contact us" link.
I will address them as fast as I can.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sweet how the FaceBook ad is now 1/3 of my screen.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 185417.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Pretty sweet how the FaceBook ad is now 1/3 of my screen.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 185417.jpg
The challenge is that it is a responsive site (works on any size window, including mobile), and dealing with google's responsive ads is a bit of a learning curve. I am trying to find a way to limit the height. I will keep the number of ads as limited as possible (as long they cover the costs). Thanks for the feedback.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Note, one used to be able to choose to go to the latest unseen post on a given thread, has that feature gone away for good?
It should do this automatically, now, when clicking on the post in the "recent posts" sidebar.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I google NDA it still goes to the old website, I bet quite a few of the gang are lost and wondering wth is going on.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I'm the only one having this issue, but on my laptop, the profile pics for the people making the posts overlaps into the text section. Makes it a bit harder to read the first word or so of a post. Just wanted to point it out.

P.s. I haven't tried it out on the phone or any other computers to see if it's the same...

1662264791803.png

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Maybe I'm the only one having this issue, but on my laptop, the profile pics for the people making the posts overlaps into the text section. Makes it a bit harder to read the first word or so of a post. Just wanted to point it out.

P.s. I haven't tried it out on the phone or any other computers to see if it's the same...

1662264791803.png
Yup. Thanks for this report. Pretty sure this was my own doing.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

1662264791803.png
I think I have this one fixed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89