New State record

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont see how any of the comments here questioning this record are jealous in nature. It really comes down to integrity. People just want to know the truth based off the evidence and not just someone's word. If he did catch it legally he should be addressing it but instead he has declined to comment in news stories about this. I havent heard him even defend on this forum. Videos disappear. It does seem fishy. Last years record didn't have to have further investigation and no "jealous" anglers were trying to discredit the catch. I wasnt there nor fished the area so I cant say one way or the other. Looks like we have another fuzzy record in the books.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am starting to think it is a few butt hurt elitist boat fishermen that are jealous that a lowly shore fisherman caught the state record.

What about boat owners who also enjoy casting from shore? Don't let your methods define you.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all honesty, it's akin to entering a snared coyote into a tourney if said fish was snagged..period

Time to go #$%^&>

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I watched the video the first few times I thought uh-oh what was that all about? Then I thought to myself if it hadn't been written on the video what I was supposed to be seeing would I have seen anything suspicious at all? I really don't know, maybe not. I don't know the layout of the river there or how fish are landed, first I thought a guy running downstream to net a walleye sounded odd. I guess I could say I've caugt a few walleyes and a couple whopper class from shore in quick current(only about half that size though!) and having one slide downstream to get netted or beach itself would be out of the ordinary. That doesn't mean anything though, like I said I have no idea the layout there or what fish tend to do in that location. Those are just the places my thoughts went. Hopefully comes down to the witnesses and imho I hope this checks out as on the up-and-up because that is an incredible fish. Also I hope it checks out soon with proof and corroboration because there is going to be a hundred guys from all over the state with beers in their hands at tourneys and anywhere else people talk about fishing saying "I was there I saw it and it's bullshit!" Again though, that's an amazing fish!

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
This record standing would be the same as me hitting a 225" whitetail with my car on the way to work, in the middle of September, and entering into the ND Archery record book.

Was told that the fight with the "new state record*" took over 10 min. I've been around my fair share of "big fish" being caught, and the only time it has taken more that 5 min was on foul hooked fish. Dorsal's are the worst.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the video I seen if the fish was snagged it was not snagged in an area that makes any physical sense. In my opinion the jig would have to be upside down to snag a fish in that location on the body.

How would you guys feel if your buddy netted the fish and found it hooked in the back and took it out before showing you the fish and not telling you? The net man may be the only guy that knows for sure. The angler also should not have to prove anything via lie detector test as they are not a fail proof test. There is no conclusive evidence that I have seen to say this record is not legit.

limit2winit

Established Member
Unfortunately the video replay isn't as good of quality as Monday Night Football, so still a lot of questions are in the air IMO. i know a lot of guys on here who are kind of quick to judge here fish tournaments to, so answer me this. If you "snagged" that fish in a tournament and nobody was around you, would you keep it?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
The funny(or unfortunate) thing here is we should be able to say: If it's good per the Game and Fish then it's good, period. North Dakotans however know that for 60 years the GNF said it was good and we all knew that it damn well wasn't. What a mess.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
My good god..wheres the proof in your avatar that you shot the mule deer and a UFO didn't hit it and you came upon it in a ditch.
Make it stop.
The point is pretty obvious.....you can't tell shit from a blurry pic.

Trying to base everything on a video that was clearly taken by the same guy who shoots all the bigfoot and ufo videos is stupid since it literally tells us nothing. You and i can infer anything we want out of it but in the end we also can't prove it. For one thing you can't tell if it's in the fish or the net and I don't know about you but I have had more then my fair share of fish pop loose in the net causing the hook to go into the net or even the fish again. The only video that could possibly give us any real help would be watching the fish get landed in the first place. As it is sum1 is the only one who has any real information and unfortunately his information to all of us is second hand so it's basically not that great. Do I think this fish was snagged, I think the odds of it are probably better than not but I certainly don't have any proof to base it on so until someone comes out with conclusive proof my de facto setting is to believe him first.

Either way one thing is indisputable and that that it is a 16 lb 9 oz walleye was caught in Bismarck Mandan area breaking the state record for the second year in a row which is undoubtedly going to have an effect on the number of people heading this way especially next spring to try to get in on it.

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was at said snagging hole last night. as well as the GnF lady. only thing getting snagged was everyones fucking lines. holy shit balls. literally i stop cuonting at 8x people were snagging each other from across the river. guys casting over top of lines. just a shit show. fished for an hour. 0 fish caught saw 1 decent sized walleye id say 24-25" caught yes caught in the mouth and 3 carp. there is without a doubt "honey hole" "urrent seam" where everyone Is trying to cast.

interestingly enough meeriweathers had 5 boats on it as I came back across...yep im a boat guy once again...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was at said snagging hole last night. as well as the GnF lady. only thing getting snagged was everyones fucking lines. holy shit balls. literally i stop cuonting at 8x people were snagging each other from across the river. guys casting over top of lines. just a shit show. fished for an hour. 0 fish caught saw 1 decent sized walleye id say 24-25" caught yes caught in the mouth and 3 carp. there is without a doubt "honey hole" "urrent seam" where everyone Is trying to cast.

interestingly enough meeriweathers had 5 boats on it as I came back across...yep im a boat guy once again...

fished next to you last weekend I believe. Just south of heskett. I was taking a boat ride in a silver warrior.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
fished next to you last weekend I believe. Just south of heskett. I was taking a boat ride in a silver warrior.

I would assume you are correct I still have my same boat. only one member of the brood was with... haha

- - - Updated - - -

i wasnt fishing much playing dad and boat driver, phil on the otherhand was fishing haha

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would assume you are correct I still have my same boat. only one member of the brood was with... haha

- - - Updated - - -

i wasnt fishing much playing dad and boat driver, phil on the otherhand was fishing haha

I was waiting for three more heads to pop out of the livewell.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The point is pretty obvious.....you can't tell shit from a blurry pic.

Trying to base everything on a video that was clearly taken by the same guy who shoots all the bigfoot and ufo videos is stupid since it literally tells us nothing. You and i can infer anything we want out of it but in the end we also can't prove it. For one thing you can't tell if it's in the fish or the net and I don't know about you but I have had more then my fair share of fish pop loose in the net causing the hook to go into the net or even the fish again. The only video that could possibly give us any real help would be watching the fish get landed in the first place. As it is sum1 is the only one who has any real information and unfortunately his information to all of us is second hand so it's basically not that great. Do I think this fish was snagged, I think the odds of it are probably better than not but I certainly don't have any proof to base it on so until someone comes out with conclusive proof my de facto setting is to believe him first.

Either way one thing is indisputable and that that it is a 16 lb 9 oz walleye cotton Bismarck Mandan area for the second year in a row which is undoubtedly going to have an effect on the number of people heading this way especially next spring to try to get in on it.

Oh, so you think the odds are better that it was snagged. Really no different than what I said. But you act like a douche and question my elk... you are a piece of work Dean.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34