New to NDA

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well you're in luck I just happen to follow the laws and regs

Good enough for me. I think the MT would have cancelled out the WI, and given some time, ND will take care of any leftover CA.

You're in good country here. Put your thick skin on and you'll fit right in.

And as others have said, you're in good Walleye Country.

Oley55

Established Member
It's the same story in ever state. In Wisco it's the people from Minnesota/Illinois, Montana its ND and Minnesota....were all sportsmen a few bad eggs give everyone a bad name. And trust me there's no califirnia in this guy! Haha

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
no not so much...its the rapping and pillaging of the fish and animals and rampant trespassing and disregard for laws that have got sconis on the most hated list.

Rapping fish is a huge problem in ND. Fish1.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's the same story in ever state. In Wisco it's the people from Minnesota/Illinois, Montana its ND and Minnesota....were all sportsmen a few bad eggs give everyone a bad name. And trust me there's no califirnia in this guy! Haha

No it's not. Over and above the rampant poaching and trespassing from Sconi's, you get the, "I spent XX $ to come here so you owe me these fish/birds/deer. And, I spent XX $ to be here, I'll hunt where I want." AND the oft-uttered, "Your small towns would be dead without us coming here.".

Sconi's suck!

Oley55

Established Member
No it's not. Over and above the rampant poaching and trespassing from Sconi's, you get the, "I spent XX $ to come here so you owe me these fish/birds/deer. And, I spent XX $ to be here, I'll hunt where I want." AND the oft-uttered, "Your small towns would be dead without us coming here.".

Sconi's suck!

Jeez are still going on about this? take your butthurt elsewhere guy! This was an introduction to the forum post not a place for you to shed your tears!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeez are still going on about this? take your butthurt elsewhere guy! This was an introduction to the forum post not a place for you to shed your tears!

Yep, there are some people on here that NEVER,:;:deadhorse and I repeat NEVER just let things go.;:;popcorn

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome Oley55!! Put your helmet on, hitch up your big girl panties, and prepare yourself. You've already taken some lumps for being a sconi AND allowing yourself to enter Californistan and you're still here. You get points for that!! Hang around long enough, give a little raspberries now and again, post a pic, bash a few liberals, and we'll soon forget your LOWLY ORIGINS, QUESTIONABLE PATRONAGE, and your RECENT PAST. (Grin) Now, as to your avatar name. Is it Oley as in bull fighting Oley? Oil of Oley (a favored beauty product of yours?) or did you just misspell Ole as is Ole and Lina??

Oley55

Established Member
Welcome Oley55!! Put your helmet on, hitch up your big girl panties, and prepare yourself. You've already taken some lumps for being a sconi AND allowing yourself to enter Californistan and you're still here. You get points for that!! Hang around long enough, give a little raspberries now and again, post a pic, bash a few liberals, and we'll soon forget your LOWLY ORIGINS, QUESTIONABLE PATRONAGE, and your RECENT PAST. (Grin) Now, as to your avatar name. Is it Oley as in bull fighting Oley? Oil of Oley (a favored beauty product of yours?) or did you just misspell Ole as is Ole and Lina??

I can see sconis are not well liked here haha gonna have to put up with me for a Few years anyway. california was not by choice that's for sure just sent here for a few months. Liberal bashing is about all I can do for fun here. Last name is Olson always been Oley!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oley it is then. A little history on the sconi thing might help here. It's really nothing personal. What I've come to learn is that the sportsmen of ND are basically split into two groups. Those that get outdoors once or twice a month and those that get out at least once or twice a week. Of those two groups, one is much more dedicated to the sport and by sheer chance, have interactions with other hunters/fishermen more than the other group and as such have stronger attitudes and opinions. Most interactions are civil enough, but when there is a negative encounter, they take note. I am in the group that gets out once or twice a week so I've had my share of encounters. Over the years the very vast majority of my negative encounters with other hunters/fishermen have been with guys from Wisconsin. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what, but there it is. These encounters have ranged from getting "Joined" at handshake distance on a good walleye bite to being set up on in the goose fields to being cut off on a pheasant walk and ALL of these have been by sconis. The first time it happened I thought what a bunch of jerks and went somewhere else. Now, after a couple dozen encounters with these guys and their LACK of respect, consideration, and common sense, I don't go somewhere else anymore. I "push" back. Many of the other avid ND sportsmen are starting to do the same thing. When we read about poachers from out of state and the same state repeatedly comes up in print, we take note as they are discussed on this site. When a boat rolls up the the cleaning station with 2 guys in it and they clean 14 walleyes, we take note. When an icehouse sets up withing spitting distance of us, we take note. When someone is stuck in a wet, muddy field that results in more posted land, we take note of the plate. For some of us, the number of NOTES could compose a symphony of irritations and frustration. That is why the sconi thing is a big deal here. Take it with a grain of salt, have a think skin, and do what you do. Thank you for your service and I hope you're tough enough to get over our "Established" suspicions of sconis. KDM.

Oley55

Established Member
Take it with a grain of salt, have a think skin, and do what you do. Thank you for your service and I hope you're tough enough to get over our "Established" suspicions of sconis. KDM.[/QUOTE]

I get it stupid people ruin it for others. Used to have the same problems growing up with Minnesota Michigan and yes Wisconsin folks. Bouncing state to state I've learned that behavior doesn't get you far. Looking forward to what ND has to offer!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I for one am appreciative of the sconis they drove 2 miles around a pressure ridge to pull me off the pressure ridge that I drove over the day before. Welcome oley55
Ps packers suck :;:muahaha

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking forward to what ND has to offer!

We have COLD!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF COLD!! We have cold to burn. We also have our fair share of WIND. Wind outside, Wind inside, and LOTS of wind here on NDA. If you find something else, let us know will ya??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5