next storm commin...

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they finally nailed a storm. Seems like we are going to get quite a bit of this crap. ;:;boohoo
Wish there was a local kid to shovel our driveway. They just don't do that anymore as most parents give them everything they want and don't make them work for it.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd say about 4" in Bismarck as of 7 AM Monday. Heavy wet stuff. Looks like we had about a half inch of rain before that too.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbor is desperately blowing his driveway to get to work. I backed out, noticed I wasn't getting much traction, and parked it. If that extra 5 inches hits and the 30mph winds later tonight, good luck crawling home. I realize there is no wind right now, but looking at the highway cameras, they could have issued a no travel advisory, especially with this being the first significant snowfall in this area in 2 and half years.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking about my drive to north Bismarck that I have to make in a few minutes. Might just bring a bottle of whiskey for when I reach my destination. But you couldn't smack the smile off my face as I was snowblowing knowing those hippies are getting blanketed. Huff, what's the word on accumulation down south?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few inches in Mobridge. Lots of rain before snowing like a bitch now I love it

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We got nothin' but rain so far. It's putting a damper on my muzzy hunting, no pun intended. Might just go Muddin' as that's about all I can do right now without getting size 50 shoes from the muck.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, Bismarck is the annual first snow shit show. Saw a couole cars in the ditch along expressway, the wifes been stuck behind a accident for 20mins. The school bus is 40min late called Harlows and they have no clue where the bus is. Guess it'll be a snow day.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say i had about 5" at my house in NW Bismarck. I left my house at 7:20 and got to work in south Bismarck at 7:45. I made sure i got on the road before the main rush hit. I actually only saw one car having an issue on a side street. Its about time we give these protesters a "North Dakota Nice" welcome! I can't imagine many of those tents lasted through the night, now bring on the cold and wind;:;rofl

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What an S show in bismarck. Every year. I have to leave an hour early because I knew I had to shovel the front of the office. Took me 45 minutes to make it from south to north. Thought maybe I'd sneak around expressway. Dumb.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Willy--no rain or snow--as of yet. I hate rain before snow, so hopefully we just get snow, see how this thing wears on thru the day.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a good amount of rain in the NE and still raining. Went for a drive with the brother-in-law and the 5 year old boys and bagged a couple partridge before this moisture hit.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably around 5 to 6 inches at the house in South Mandan. Wet Heavy stuff! Got the ATV stuck cleaning the driveway out this morning. I need some tracks - maybe start a gofundme site to collect funds for em! (kidding on that part)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably around 5 to 6 inches at the house in South Mandan. Wet Heavy stuff! Got the ATV stuck cleaning the driveway out this morning. I need some tracks - maybe start a gofundme site to collect funds for em! (kidding on that part)

Tell'em the tracks are to get to and from the pipeline protests. You may get some liberal dumpster breath to pay for'em.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well at 7 inches so far at my place in south Bismarck. More importantly will be how long will it be for power to start going out? These trees picked up some ice from the freezing rain and now are getting super loaded down with this wet snow. When that wind picks up you have to think some trees are going to have some troubles and probably take a few power lines with them not to mention the lines themselves are picking up a fair bit of a snow load.

IMG_20161128_110210125.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well just after posting the last post had to drop off some food at my folks friends place down by Sibley park and their road is blocked by a downed tree so this could get ugly in spots.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just rain in the SE corner and that's fine by me, I don't feel any urge to shovel the white stuff

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9