NFL News (Vikings)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget who lost the NFC championship 2010
Minn had 5 turnovers that day and Farve was responsible for 3 of them.

2nd and goal NO 10 yd line - Farve fumble with 1 minute left 2nd qtr
2nd & 8 on NO 34 yd line - Farve - interception 2 minutes left 3rd qtr
3rd & 15 NO 38 yd line - Farve - interception 18 seconds left in game
Farve 28/46 1 TD - 2 INT - 1 Fumble
AP 25/122 3 TD
The dirty MoFo saints kicked his ass something terrible. They eventually, if you remember were caught with a bounty payout for fucking up the QB.

I have never seen a QB take the beating them shitty saints dished out that day.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do we rate any QB they play when they want and if not fuck it, they get paid the same. Contracts are screwed up should be based on performance period. Why are they so good in college no pay looking for pay day than those that come to NFL and suck tells story. Hell over half players in NFL when down are broke.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do we rate any QB they play when they want and if not fuck it, they get paid the same. Contracts are screwed up should be based on performance period. Why are they so good in college no pay looking for pay day than those that come to NFL and suck tells story. Hell over half players in NFL when down are broke.
They’re getting paid in college now

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cj stroud Houston qb and Trevor Lawrence Jacksonville qb put on a great game on last Sunday. To young qbs that will make for some great rivalry games in the future, imo I think the bills have a better team then the chiefs right now, the way the bills played on Sunday against the eagles in Philadelphia was another great game to watch. Even the broncos are on a winning streak beating the arguably the best defense in the afc on Sunday the browns. A lot of good teams may have peaked at the right time, to make the playoff picture interesting in January.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They’re getting paid in college now
Yep there are high school players worth millions before they even commit to a college. NIL endorsement is Name Images and Likeness allow players the right to make substantial money that is put into a trust that can only be taken out if they are no longer eligible to play college sports.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep there are high school players worth millions before they even commit to a college. NIL endorsement is Name Images and Likeness allow players the right to make substantial money that is put into a trust that can only be taken out if they are no longer eligible to play college sports.
Yep, I was born too early . . .

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The dirty MoFo saints kicked his ass something terrible. They eventually, if you remember were caught with a bounty payout for fucking up the QB.

I have never seen a QB take the beating them shitty saints dished out that day.
That was the start of the NFLs woke bullshit. Katrina gate. The saints were getting in no matter what. Farve would start walking back to the huddle and get lit up.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another words he chokes..only throws to somebody wide open to make his stats look good.
I'll caveat my post by saying he's not a HOF QB. However, to say he's a clown or he sucks is just ignorant.

As for character, watch the first 10 minutes of this interview:

Next, a QB's job is to find the wide open receiver and if nobody's open then give someone a chance to make a play. Yes, Kirk can do those things.

If Dobbs could've hit a wide open Addison for a TD it could've been a different game....defender fell down and he was open by 20 yards. Threw it out of bounds. Kirk wouldn't have made that mistake and yes, it would've added to his stats. If I remember correctly, JJ wasn't exactly wide open during the Bills game, just sayin'.

1701309391822.png

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-jefferson-makes-one-handed-catch-of-the-year-vs-bills

Here are some highlights from 2023 pre-injury to showcase all the "wide open" receivers he threw to this year (click on "Watch on YouTube"). Some were, some weren't, some were thrown "wide open". Fact is Vikings fans are missing his abilities and command of the offensive scheme.

Trolling with statements like "Kirk Cousins sucks" is flat uninformed and ignorant. It's a 53 man roster and coaching/game strategy dictates much of how things turn out.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't wait till someone makes a multiple episodes series like they made for Joe Montana, the one on Tom brady is going to really open many players eyes on how special that man really was. I have been watching some interviews of players that worked out with him even on the off season. Catching passes for hours during the summers on their own time, his work ethic only proves that he will be the goat for a very long time. He is the Michael Jordan of football which is IMHO why he needed to get 7 rings, so he can claim he is the greatest professional athlete in American history. I did watch the first 2 episodes so far of the Netflix quarterback, seems to be more about the 2022 season so far but it's interesting none the less, will have watch some more soon.
Again I believe that it will be a long long time before someone with the overall drive that it took to win and go to as many super bowls as brady did.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As with most things, you have to have some talent, but in the end it's years of hard work that pays off.

I'd much rather have a guy that has to work at something and doesn't quit than a guy it just comes easy to.

That rings true with anything, not just football.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's been NO team in the league that has made more "This Is Our Guy" statements only to renege on the choice within the following season, or two. No team more than the Vikings front office. It has been a farce since Kramer (1986)

Wade Wilson (2 seasons)
Rich Gannon (3 seasons)
Jim McMahon (1 season)
Warren Moon (3 seasons)
Saun Salisbury (partial replacement from three other QB's injured)
Brad Johnson (1 season)
Randall Cunningham (1 season)
Jeff George (1 season)
Dante Culpepper (5 seasons)
Brad Johnson (2 more seasons)
Tavaris Johnson (1 season)
Gus Frerotte (1 season)
Brett Favre (2 seasons)
Christian Ponder (2.5 seasons)
Matt Cassell (1/2 season)
Teddy Bridgewater (1.5 seasons)
Sam Bradford (1 season)
Case Keenam (1 season)
and finally..... Kirk Cousins 6 seasons & 0 deliveries

I'm not even mentioning the others that played sparingly = Shaun Hill, Josh Freeman, Joe Webb, Donovan McNabb, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb.

Holy cow, Batman!
Fran was the man had 13 seasons -- 4 super bowl losses:(

Leave dobbs in and stop calling some shitty trick play or bomb. Stick with the basics. If kirk would of played fucker would of crumbled with the pressure. Bears played close to the recievers kirk would not done any better ----instead of interceptions kirk would of had fumbles. Kirk is done. Not impressed with the coach at all. Great offensive mind my ass.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes please get Kirk out of Minnesota….not to the Bears or Lions either. Let him go be someone’s problem in the AFC. Sign Dobbs to a 10 year 250 million deal. 1 less thing to worry about for the Pack.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'll caveat my post by saying he's not a HOF QB. However, to say he's a clown or he sucks is just ignorant.

As for character, watch the first 10 minutes of this interview:

Next, a QB's job is to find the wide open receiver and if nobody's open then give someone a chance to make a play. Yes, Kirk can do those things.

If Dobbs could've hit a wide open Addison for a TD it could've been a different game....defender fell down and he was open by 20 yards. Threw it out of bounds. Kirk wouldn't have made that mistake and yes, it would've added to his stats. If I remember correctly, JJ wasn't exactly wide open during the Bills game, just sayin'.

1701309391822.png

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-jefferson-makes-one-handed-catch-of-the-year-vs-bills

Here are some highlights from 2023 pre-injury to showcase all the "wide open" receivers he threw to this year (click on "Watch on YouTube"). Some were, some weren't, some were thrown "wide open". Fact is Vikings fans are missing his abilities and command of the offensive scheme.

Trolling with statements like "Kirk Cousins sucks" is flat uninformed and ignorant. It's a 53 man roster and coaching/game strategy dictates much of how things turn out.

I may be ignorant but cousins still chokes. Never questioned his character. Questioned his ability to make plays when they count... Not really sure how any one can argue that..he has great stats and according to his stats he should have been to multiple super bowls or atleast get way closer more times then they have..why hasn't he? Cause he CHOKES when it comes down to him having to make key plays. Are there other players on the team..sure there are. But they can't do anything when he crumbles or on third and 10 throws to his checkdown for 5 yard gain..but hey it shows a completion for him and another 5 yards for his stats right?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the chatter in the hallways around the Minnesota vikings facility, that Kurt is done in Minnesota. Which is pure speculation which I know that. We have no real idea what the rest of this season holds and if kc is willing to take less to stay in Minnesota, which I highly doubt. He will have no problem finding another team if the vikes let him discuss other options from other teams on the off season, I personally dont want to see that since there isn't much to pick from as far as decent winnable veteran qb to choose from. Kc has been a solid qb for the vikes statistically he is consist and safe qb that doesn't take many uneeded risks. I said it before kc was the best and possibly still the best option the vikes had when we signed him in 18 and I still think he is now. Again rumors in Minnesota say he will be traded and Minnesota will be looking for a younger qb perhaps in this year's draft lottery. I personally hope not

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can the kc haters give me some alternatives for the vikes that could be an overall benefit to the vikes in the long run? People want to say that he sucks and so forth but can someone give nda community some statistically better options and be willing to back up their pick with valuable information then the lame anyone would be better then kc to win games. By all means we are all arm chair fans of football but to put all the blame on the shoulders of one man is ludicrous. So does anyone want to step up with some creditable alternatives and this is most important part of this challenge is to back it up with stats.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can the kc haters give me some alternatives for the vikes that could be an overall benefit to the vikes in the long run? People want to say that he sucks and so forth but can someone give nda community some statistically better options and be willing to back up their pick with valuable information then the lame anyone would be better then kc to win games. By all means we are all arm chair fans of football but to put all the blame on the shoulders of one man is ludicrous. So does anyone want to step up with some creditable alternatives and this is most important part of this challenge is to back it up with stats.
Kirk Cousins had a record of 3-10 on Mondays in his career.
Thursday prime-time starts, Cousins has thrown 14 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
Thursday Night Football prime-time games, Cousins’ passer rating drops to 87.2
Cousins has played in five playoff games in his career and has a record of 1-4 in those games.
Regular season cousins is great..when it counts he chokes...I mean what more stats are needed? I get people love this guy and he is absolutely great as his stats show during normal games..when the heat is on and it counts he CHOKES.
As far as alternatives....who knows what the vikings were willing to spend or give away for picks etc..we can all say this guy or that guy but my personal OPINION is they wasted a ton of money on Cousins and could have had any other mediocre quarter back to get them where they currently are now which is basically no where and saved a ton of money in the process.

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the chatter in the hallways around the Minnesota vikings facility, that Kurt is done in Minnesota. Which is pure speculation which I know that. We have no real idea what the rest of this season holds and if kc is willing to take less to stay in Minnesota, which I highly doubt. He will have no problem finding another team if the vikes let him discuss other options from other teams on the off season, I personally dont want to see that since there isn't much to pick from as far as decent winnable veteran qb to choose from. Kc has been a solid qb for the vikes statistically he is consist and safe qb that doesn't take many uneeded risks. I said it before kc was the best and possibly still the best option the vikes had when we signed him in 18 and I still think he is now. Again rumors in Minnesota say he will be traded and Minnesota will be looking for a younger qb perhaps in this year's draft lottery. I personally hope not
Lunk, KC is a free agent after the season, so no trade value. This injury has made him much more affordable for the Vikes and I hope they re-sign him. He never had an O line until this year, and it takes 11 to win, not one. By this driveling idiot Fester's standard, Dan Marino was a piece of shit cause he never won the big one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 59
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 18