Nicolae Miu on trial...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this guy goes to jail, it will be just another sign that justice is dead in this country...
Good breakdown of what happened here.

And here is where the damage was done...

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the prosecution even watch this video? How the hell can you charge someone for 1st degree intentional homicide based on this? Do they just love to take this shit to trial to get on TV?? Why are these prosecutors over charging people like this guy???

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One report said one teen came to the rukus after he retrieved a bball bat and hit this old guy across his back? Could be here say but several drunk ppl mob attacking bullshit!

How could this be first degree murder? Bet it makes for a lesser charge easier to stick

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I knew more about what really happened here. One thing to take away from it is don’t mess with people you don’t know. Things can turn ugly real fast. It’s hard to say if this guy was in danger of his life. I kinda don’t think so. But then again who’s to say how far these kids would have taken things with this guy. Very unfortunate deal. Damn

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unreal how crazy times have become. I'm not that old but I can almost guarantee my friends and I at the age of these teenagers, would have helped a stranger look for a lost cell phone, not pick a fight with him. Just a bunch of thugs nowdays.
When I watched the 1st video I did wonder if he was really taking pictures of the young ladies and that made him a target but after reading more articles about this story, he was simply looking for a cell phone lost by another person in his group. Not sure why those drunk teenagers decided he was their target. One thing is for certain, shit got real for those kids real fast.

It certainly does look like self defense the more I watch it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Thanks a lot. , I got hooked on this case and ended up on an 8 hour YouTube marathon:sleep:. What a sad situation that should have never happened. He grew up in Romana and his family move here in the early 80s when he was 16, went college in SD an he is/was a mechanical engineer .
He was in the wrong place at the wrong time when some jocks wanted to have some idiotic fun, sadly he made some very very bad decisions when things escaladed.

Judging by the way he testified , you'd never guess the guy was an engineer, he seems dazed and confused and he looks like he's aged 10 years since it happened. I'd hate to be on the jury , it's not going to be a fast verdict based on what I've watched so far. A hung jury wouldn't surprise me, there are a lot of mixed emotions, some will think that could have been my son and others will think that could have been my hubby.
Closing arguments tomorrow will put the last 7 days in a nutshell and the jurors will be allowed to consider lesser charges, at the request of the state. If they do convict him it should be for lesser charges.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the prosecution even watch this video? How the hell can you charge someone for 1st degree intentional homicide based on this? Do they just love to take this shit to trial to get on TV?? Why are these prosecutors over charging people like this guy???
I think a lot of the punishment is built into the process, even if he walks, how many people will be scared to defend themselves in the future because of what this guy is publicly going through?

I was wondering how it took so long before this thread caught on... theres a lot of stuff on x about it. But x is pretty much the first place you see/hear anything these days.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Looks like being charged with murder is a good diet plan if nothing else...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heres a thread with some counterpoints that they are using to try to prosecute him. Some of his actions after the event dont help him any and hes LUCKY there is actual video of what happened or hed likely be going to jail.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guy definitely messed up by talking to the police without a lawyer present. Should have just came clean and told the truth right away about how it all went down but he was obviously scared and worried after they told him someone died. Always lawyer up first!

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
The guy definitely messed up by talking to the police without a lawyer present. Should have just came clean and told the truth right away about how it all went down but he was obviously scared and worried after they told him someone died. Always lawyer up first!
Yep, I feared for my life I want to speak to a lawyer..

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a sad situation for everyone. I'm not sure why people have to be such assholes while everyone is just trying to have a good time. He should have got away from them right away, especially if the owner of the phone didn't even go help him look for it. I think he pulled the knife a little early, but I can see where people may disagree. I've only watched the video once unfiltered. Those boys should have quit giving him shit and helped him look for it. But once one thinks it's funny to pick on him all the others will follow the lead of the group and it just snowballs from there fueled by alcohol.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a sad situation for everyone. I'm not sure why people have to be such assholes while everyone is just trying to have a good time. He should have got away from them right away, especially if the owner of the phone didn't even go help him look for it. I think he pulled the knife a little early, but I can see where people may disagree. I've only watched the video once unfiltered. Those boys should have quit giving him shit and helped him look for it. But once one thinks it's funny to pick on him all the others will follow the lead of the group and it just snowballs from there fueled by alcohol.
assholes meaning the kids or the guy? Supposedly there is some evidence the kids were harassing him before he ran over to them, calling him names and stuff for having goggles on and looking underwater if I remember correctly. I suppose they thought he might be clam hunting or something like that...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thing there was a video but surprised there was no testimony of what happened before the video started, unless there was and I missed it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 25
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6