Nicolae Miu on trial...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How on earth could the kid in Post#6 that Guy posted be so calm while getting caught up in his lies ? And then there's this kid, shaking like a dog shitten razorblades.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any guesses about what the verdict will be and when ?
I think closing arguments were either yesterday or today... I havent been following it closely. To know anything about the jury, youd kinda need to watch the jury selection process, not sure if that was public also or not.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I haven't watched enough, but was the defendant also drinking?

Yeah, I know these river drifts are all about drinking, but just curious.

On a side note, I will be shocked if he's found guilty of anything.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

been to apple river twice and i dont know what you would do there if you were not drinking

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

His stories vary , he said he was and then he said he wasn't . That neck of the woods would be a spooky place to rely on the jurors to do what's right IMO. I hope he walks away a free man, he wasn't looking for trouble , I hope that makes sense to all 12 .

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
How on earth could the kid in Post#6 that Guy posted be so calm while getting caught up in his lies ? And then there's this kid, shaking like a dog shitten razorblades.

This kid was shitting himself because he knew he was caught in multiple lies.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I knew more about what really happened here. One thing to take away from it is don’t mess with people you don’t know. Things can turn ugly real fast. It’s hard to say if this guy was in danger of his life. I kinda don’t think so. But then again who’s to say how far these kids would have taken things with this guy. Very unfortunate deal. Damn
"It's hard to say he was in danger of his life". That's the shit which gets you killed. He wasn't approached by an innocent maiden wanting to sell a rose from her quaint basket.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jury deliberations have begun in the trial of Nicolae Miu, who claims he acted in self-defense when he fatally stabbed 17-year-old Isaac Schuman and wounded four others during a confrontation with two groups of tubers on western Wisconsin’s Apple River in 2022.

The jury of six women and six men was given the case just before 12:30 p.m., following closing arguments Wednesday in St. Croix County Circuit Court in Hudson. Deliberations began after the lunch hour and continued until just about 4:30 p.m. They will resume this morning.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

I wish I could say I would be shocked. After the verdicts ive seen come back on so many high profile cases in the last few years, it would really be hard to be shocked by anything anymore... Theres likely gonna be some people on the jury that think he should be convicted of SOMETHING to prevent tragic outcomes like this in the future, even if its not warranted. From my experience on juries, often there are one or two bullies who essentially force the rest of they jurors to do what they want done through coheresion, ridicule and group pressure.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could say I would be shocked. After the verdicts ive seen come back on so many high profile cases in the last few years, it would really be hard to be shocked by anything anymore... Theres likely gonna be some people on the jury that think he should be convicted of SOMETHING to prevent tragic outcomes like this in the future, even if its not warranted. From my experience on juries, often there are one or two bullies who essentially force the rest of they jurors to do what they want done through coheresion, ridicule and group pressure.
Yeah I'm starting to wonder if I'd want a jury trial or just take my chances with the judge. Lot of dolts on juries now days. Didn't one of the jurors on this case fall asleep during the trial? Thought I saw something about that somewhere.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
been to apple river twice and i dont know what you would do there if you were not drinking
Ah yes the apple river...the river has more salt from urine it turns yellow mid summer...lol,good ole days floatin ,drinking throwing empties at bullseye targets on shore along the way which helped keeping beer cans outof the river.

Great time on a hot summer day.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This kid was shitting himself because he knew he was caught in multiple lies.
You must not have watched the kid guywhofishes posted . He is the no good POS who lied and said Miu was taking pictures of little girls he got caught in that lie and It didn't seem to phase him one bit zero emotions. Him and drunk megan were the reason this escalated. Supposedly the penalty for making false statements is a felony , If I had any say in the matter It would be used forcefully in a high profile case like this. Make examples out of flat out lying POSs for the rest to see so they realize that lying to LEO's is serious offense

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I'm starting to wonder if I'd want a jury trial or just take my chances with the judge. Lot of dolts on juries now days. Didn't one of the jurors on this case fall asleep during the trial? Thought I saw something about that somewhere.

I was wondering about that. I saw the defense attorney clap his hands loudly 3 times while talking to the jurors and was wondering if it was to drive his point home or if someone was nodding off.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unreal how crazy times have become. I'm not that old but I can almost guarantee my friends and I at the age of these teenagers, would have helped a stranger look for a lost cell phone, not pick a fight with him.
Same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93