North Dakota hunting gets a boost

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
That must be why the Governor has to sign the proclamations and not the legislature. Good Day!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If spooking or moving any wildlife they would be given a ticket and rather quickly.It's all about their intentions. That place will be watched like a hawk. IF it ever got changed over to a sanctuary, I am sure there wouldn't even be walking access in there, especially around the farmstead and trees. Im sure the game and fish guys are watching this and laughing because its already a done deal that its going to be a hunting area. lol

In order to prove intentions you would have to have mind reading abilities. We have some fine officers, but proving intent...not sure how to do that. A guy walking around with a camera, Whats his intent, and how do you PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the tax-paying sportsmen and women of ND should politely suggest to NDGF that it's more important to honor the benefactor's wishes. After all, it will still be a benefit to sportsman and wildlife even if we can't hunt it.
especially to the adjoining land owners.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again you are wrong. The legislature has alot of control over seasons, licenses allowed, and many other things that should be left to biologists, not politicians.

Good day.

Fnznfwl, I'm getting REAL tired of blowhards spewing unimformed verbal diahrea concerning issues they know NOTHING about. Here is the North Dakota Century Code concerning the leadership of the North Dakota Game and Fish. You might want to READ the laws once in a while. It would save you lots of egg on your face.

CHAPTER 20.1-02
GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT
20.1-02-01. Director of the game and fish department - Office to be maintained -
Appointment - Term - Removal.
The governor shall appoint the director of the game and fish department. The director holds
office for a term of four years beginning on the first day of July after the governor's election and
until a successor is appointed and qualified. The director is subject to removal by the governor
for cause only.

It continues on to further explain how the NDGF is to be run. You might also like to read this section: 20.1-02-05. Powers of director. It addresses land aquisitions and disposition authority. This Century Code continues to address land aquisitions by the NDGF and what they can and can not do.

Furthurmore, the Game and Fish Advisory Board, which deals with all things game and fish, is defined as follows and pay particular attention to the bolded statement which comes right off the Governors Office web site:

The Board advises the Game and Fish director regarding any policy pertaining to hunting, fishing, trapping, and other outdoor activities. The governor appoints all eight members, of whom four must be bona fide farmers/ranchers and four must be bona fide sportsmen. No member may serve longer than two full terms.

So, in conclusing, the GOVERNOR appoints the Director of the Game and Fish, who then, in turn, controls every member of the game and fish department, while simultaneously APPOINTING ALL 8 MEMBERS of the advisory board who provide guidance to the Governor on how to deal with game and fish issues.

So fnznfwl. Who again is in charge of the ND Game and Fish and whom do they answer too???

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the will states that the property is to be gifted to ND to be a Wildlife Management Area or Wildlife Sanctuary, it really doesn't matter. The relatives won't see the value of the property regardless if they are jaded or not. If the family testifies that she wanted the property to be a sanctuary and the wording of the will supports that interpretation, then, IMO, that is what the property should be. Apparently she refused to allow hunting on that property on numerous occasions while she was alive as put forth by JohnR, which lends credibility to the argument. Affidavits can be taken from anyone willing to provide one that can be brought forth in support of the argument that Ms. Roth wanted the property to be a wildlife sanctuary. Will the G&F allow it?? We shall see.

By using JohnR and the word credibility in the same sentence you loose all your credibility

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fnznfwl, I'm getting REAL tired of blowhards spewing unimformed verbal diahrea concerning issues they know NOTHING about. Here is the North Dakota Century Code concerning the leadership of the North Dakota Game and Fish. You might want to READ the laws once in a while. It would save you lots of egg on your face.

CHAPTER 20.1-02
GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT
20.1-02-01. Director of the game and fish department - Office to be maintained -
Appointment - Term - Removal.
The governor shall appoint the director of the game and fish department. The director holds
office for a term of four years beginning on the first day of July after the governor's election and
until a successor is appointed and qualified. The director is subject to removal by the governor
for cause only.

It continues on to further explain how the NDGF is to be run. You might also like to read this section: 20.1-02-05. Powers of director. It addresses land aquisitions and disposition authority. This Century Code continues to address land aquisitions by the NDGF and what they can and can not do.

Furthurmore, the Game and Fish Advisory Board, which deals with all things game and fish, is defined as follows and pay particular attention to the bolded statement which comes right off the Governors Office web site:

The Board advises the Game and Fish director regarding any policy pertaining to hunting, fishing, trapping, and other outdoor activities. The governor appoints all eight members, of whom four must be bona fide farmers/ranchers and four must be bona fide sportsmen. No member may serve longer than two full terms.

So, in conclusing, the GOVERNOR appoints the Director of the Game and Fish, who then, in turn, controls every member of the game and fish department, while simultaneously APPOINTING ALL 8 MEMBERS of the advisory board who provide guidance to the Governor on how to deal with game and fish issues.

So fnznfwl. Who again is in charge of the ND Game and Fish and whom do they answer too???

LOL!

You still mad that you cant remember where you saw these state no public hunting signs on federal land huh? :;:howdy

. You have to remember that the G&F answers to the Governor and and the Governor alone, NOT the legislature.

You dont say?

http://gf.nd.gov/legislation

Last edited:

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is getting fun;:;popcorn
easy to tell we all need some time outside.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunt this area, and there are some world class bucks in them giant pine trees she had around the property. She did not allow hunting on her land, she felt as though they were her pets.
I was surprised when I read this a few weeks back, as I don't think she likely wanted anyone hunting it, but maybe she did. I didn't know her, other than knocking on her door a few years back to see if we could walk the trees without our guns to try to get a few of the deer to spook out.
she kindly said "not a chance'

You asked if you could walk her trees without guns? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

If HER wishes were for a wildlife sanctuary devoid of any hunting then that's what it should be. However, now that she is gone and the liars are involved, I have very little faith that the spirit of her wishes will be honored. I've gone from what a great gift to the folks of ND to Awe Crap!! However, the G&F still has the authority to put up "Not open to public hunting" signs all over the place and that would honor her wishes. Regardless of what they decide to do, you won't see me hunting that place as I'd feel "Unwelcome" to be doing so. Tough situation now more of the truth is coming to light.

Handing land over the NDGF should be a good thing but it really isnt as they cant even manage a simple lottery system.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL!! Nope!! Not mad I can't remember exact locations for something that doesn't matter to the issues originally raised on the GNF's authority to post land and prevent hunting or who's in controls the Game and Fish. Just tired of showing folks like you, how much you don't know. I've supported my position with proof of what I stated prior. All anyone has to do is read what I've posted here to see the truth. If you can't show me contradictory information supporting your position, you bring nothing more to the table but hot air and talk. Additionally, if you would take the time to investigate the process, most bills submitted to the legislature for vote, are approved by the Game and Fish Advisory Board in one way or another. That's why they are there. Nice attempt at diversion though.

Yep!! This needs to be moved to the Political Section. Published Century Codes apparently aren't enough proof for fnznfwl and I'm not willing to parlay my side of issues any longer. I'm comfortable with what I've said to be true.

Last edited:

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL!! Nope!! Not mad I can't remember exact locations for something that doesn't matter to the issues originally raised on the GNF's authority to post land and prevent hunting or who's in controls the Game and Fish. Just tired of showing folks like you, how much you don't know. I've supported my position with proof of what I stated prior. All anyone has to do is read what I've posted here to see the truth. If you can't show me contradictory information supporting your position, you bring nothing more to the table but hot air and talk. Additionally, if you would take the time to investigate the process, most bills submitted to the legislature for vote, are approved by the Game and Fish Advisory Board in one way or another. That's why they are there. Nice attempt at diversion though.

Yep!! This needs to be moved to the Political Section. Published Century Codes apparently aren't enough proof for fnznfwl and I'm not willing to parlay my side of issues any longer. I'm comfortable with what I've said to be true.

Yet you cant remember where these no hunting WMA's are. ;:;rofl

No worries KDM. I've lurked this site and FBO enough to know you are never wrong.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
By using JohnR and the word credibility in the same sentence you loose all your credibility

When I am being whimsical I use the haha after my statements, otherwise I don't BS my statements. Anyone that knows me, knows I like to joke around. Any of my personal stories are 99% fact as I remember them.

Credible yes, jokey absolutely, but passing anything off as true and knowing it isn't, I sure don't do.

I did cut and paste some emails that push some old FBO members into the arms of the democrat party, but that was just pass along info, not something I made up.

- - - Updated - - -

You asked if you could walk her trees without guns? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Handing land over the NDGF should be a good thing but it really isnt as they cant even manage a simple lottery system.

Yes we asked if we could walk the trees without our guns, the friend I was hunting with was born and raised on the land 2 miles north of her, and he knew she would never let us hunt the trees, but figured we might be able to slip in there and push them around a little bit.

mrs johnr was with me too, and even she couldn't use her charms to get us into them huge pines.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't there State Waterfowl Rest Areas being state owned or perhaps managed lands closed to hunting by the state for a portion of the year? Would be a different classification than Wildlife Management Areas I suppose.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like she had a shitty lawyer also sounds like it is a good thing the peta types and such did not know about this

- - - Updated - - -

why?

Kurtr, the reason I said it was a shame is if that she thought she was actually putting it into refuge sort instead of WMA and she was mislead.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84