Old guys, Reflections

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL fritz,never knew....thanx for the heads-up ,watched a trailer pretty crazy even back then but funny,don't recall fritz but my pop's didn't allow much tv back then....can you imagine the re-run's of "Amos n Andy" today? oh the horror....

It wasn't on television or a series. Fritz the Cat was a movie or animated film like Heavy Metal. The Cat was running with the 60's hippies, sex drugs and rock in' roll. He ran into big trouble during the civil rights riots and anti-Vietnam. Strung out, he joined a bad bunch.

History keeps repeating itself. Movements, large gatherings, parties are fun. A person needs discernment when not to be used as a pawn in some political agenda. The Cat realized too late the 60's revolution was controlled from the top down.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh ,so that explains the trailer with fritz boinkin a kitty,grabbing her tit's ....lol pretty riskay for the 60's,the crow,the pigs glad you brought this out,thanx.My how we have changed.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh ,so that explains the trailer with fritz boinkin a kitty,grabbing her tit's ....lol pretty riskay for the 60's,the crow,the pigs glad you brought this out,thanx.My how we have changed.

It's a spoof......so very incorrect by today's standards.

Last night I watched a movie, "Lean on Me." Morgan Freeman, a School Superintendent took some extreme measures to get the kids grades up. In one situation breaking the law. He was thrown in jail.

The mayor and certain members of the school had the fix in place. His ouster. The kids came to the rescue forming a large crowd in front of the courthouse chanting for his release. The police came enforce. In the end the protesters or in this case the kids won the day for all that is right. Right to assemble??? Or insurrection???

Hollywood makes movies about these kind of events all the time. We love those movies. Chalk one up for the little guy.

On January 6th everything was going good. Thousands of people expressing their 1st Amendment rights to assemble and support Trump. And then some bad actors charged the Capital. Well shit....

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in my crib when JFK was killed and a freshman in high school the day Elvis died.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went to a four room school with 4 classes in three of the rooms.
I think it might have been 1952 or maybe 53 but: (6 or 7 years of age but i was in school.)

Loaded us kids in the grain box of a farm truck to go to larger neighbor town to see someone important speak from the rear car of the train. i was to stick with my older brother but he took off on me when we got to that town. A whole bunch of people and i got lost.
I did look for him but never found. In the end i did find my way back to the truck but was the last one. (Was not a good experience)

The above i remember well but who spoke? All these years i thought it was maybe Truman but maybe Eisenhower. Will never know and i did see him speaking but not what was said. Now age 74 need to find out.

So do any of you remember if one of them made a trip on the Great Northern RR along side Hwy 2 at that time and did stop at various towns? db

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it might have been 1952 or maybe 53 but: (6 or 7 years of age but i was in school.)

Loaded us kids in the grain box of a farm truck to go to larger neighbor town to see someone important speak from the rear car of the train. i was to stick with my older brother but he took off on me when we got to that town. A whole bunch of people and i got lost.
I did look for him but never found. In the end i did find my way back to the truck but was the last one. (Was not a good experience)

The above i remember well but who spoke? All these years i thought it was maybe Truman but maybe Eisenhower. Will never know and i did see him speaking but not what was said. Now age 74 need to find out.

So do any of you remember if one of them made a trip on the Great Northern RR along side Hwy 2 at that time and did stop at various towns? db

What was the name of the town where you heard the speaker and what year was it. I know a group of people who could answer that in a few minutes if I have the right details.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lakota:
I did look on internet and see Eisenhower came in 53 but to minot then bismarck so maybe not him.
Truman in 52 and tour by train and some of the big towns mention were on that Great Northern RR.
The year should be earlier in the fiftys.
Thanks for the help. db

- - - Updated - - -

It was a big deal so must of been someone important

- - - Updated - - -

did see pictures of him speaking to crowds from last car of train in that visit of 52

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lakota:
I did look on internet and see Eisenhower came in 53 but to minot then bismarck so maybe not him.
Truman in 52 and tour by train and some of the big towns mention were on that Great Northern RR.
The year should be earlier in the fiftys.
Thanks for the help. db

- - - Updated - - -

It was a big deal so must of been someone important

- - - Updated - - -

did see pictures of him speaking to crowds from last car of train in that visit of 52

Truman ran for his second term (he assumed the Presidency in April '45 after FDR died) in '48. I think you would have been too young to go to town in the bed of a grain truck at 2 years old. In '52/'53 if Ike came to Minot by train he would have come out of GF on the Great Northern most likely, gone thru Lakota and DL and then south from Minot to Bismarck on whatever that line is owned by.

My older bro and I were born in Lakota when my Dad taught and coached HS there from '39 - '45.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

That would have been Eisenhower., my Dad was in the color guard for him. They also stopped in Jamestown.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9