OnStar

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​Watching me??? I purchased a 2018 basic Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. Basically I like the pickup. And of course you are explained about OnStar when you buy the vehicle. And I believe it was free for a few months.

Now as of lately I am getting emails from them telling me my mileage, tire pressure, oil change due etc. They are trying to get me to officially to sign up and of course pay a monthly fee. Which I do NOT want. But they are with me even when I think I am alone.

Does everyone subscribe to this??? Anyone have the same experiences???

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure on the newer vehicles, but on my 04 Duramax, behind the glove box is the onstar unit. I disconnected mine.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have OnStar and do use it occasionally. Once a month my wife asked why I pay for OnStar and once a month I tell her it's because I like to have it. I've used it to open doors when the keys are locked inside (not so much anymore because I can do all that through my phone." Did use it about a year ago when I came upon a motorcycle accident in an area where my phone had no reception. Person came on when I pressed the "Red Cross" button. Told her what the problem was, she knew my location, called an ambulance, gave me some first aid advice which I already knew and basically stayed on line until the ambulance arrived. Could I live without OnStar, easily, but I could also live without my cell phone, air conditioning, and a multitude of other things I like to have. Want and need are not very closely related for me.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a device that I plug into the OBS port, it keeps the thing from dropping to 4 cylinder. A side effect is the on star tracking that generates the report can't connect. Not sure if that is keeping big brother out so i line the roof with tin foil too...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
used it when i locked my keys in truck. Complementary unlock without subscription.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88