Onx= 7mil lawsuit for trespassing wth

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
At Elk Mountain Ranch, Eshelman also says GPS data shows that a hunter marked a waypoint on his property and was not just passing through airspace.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20230430_063454_Chrome.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats something my last shorthair would do
She would alway run over the property line

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Access should be guaranteed to all public land. It's time for those states run by greedy ranchers to pass section line laws like Norrh Dakota.
I was reading this last night where someone posted a link to Facebook. If someone has problems with me calling them greedy you should read the comments on Facebook. This guy is no better than the fellow who went nuts because someone. touched his corn.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read the article. The bonehead who waypointed himself on the dudes property. Why waypoint it at all. Less is always more when it come to laws

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
GPS's are not perfect. Just ask my GSP. He's been zapped a couple of times because the Garmin GPS he was wearing said he was hundreds of yards out of my yard. In reality he was sitting on the front deck when he got zapped. Judging by the terrain on that map, it's a great candidate for an area to have even poor gps service.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read the article. The bonehead who waypointed himself on the dudes property. Why waypoint it at all. Less is always more when it come to laws
His other hunt app from his phone may have indicated a different property line when he marked his waypoint. Common public GPS (Onx included) units can "easily" be off by 25' or even possibly more.
Regardless, Fred is a d**khead. Wonder what taxes are on airspace :unsure:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Learned first hand that there are dickheads from Texas in Colorado elk hunting. In the end KARMA raised her wonderful head. LB

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can mark a waypoint without standing there so hardly proof they trespassed. I’m glad groups like BHA are paying to fight this injustice! Don’t agree with everything BHA does but this is probably their most important work for people who hunt out west.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if there's a way to obtain info regarding how much "wobble" was programmed into GPS system satellites on the day in question?

Absent a differential GPS system, fence, section-line, creek/river denoting property lines, I wouldn't be skirting the "edges" of a ranch with the idea of using my GPS track in court to prove a point. A hand-held GPS of any manner minus DGPS data just simply isn't accurate enough.

I'm not saying that it's right to restrict access to public land. I'm saying if you're trying to use a razor's edge to prove a point, you need a razor-tool, not an ice-cream scoop.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can mark a waypoint without standing there so hardly proof they trespassed. I’m glad groups like BHA are paying to fight this injustice! Don’t agree with everything BHA does but this is probably their most important work for people who hunt out west.
Bs. It tracking tracks u just like gooogle and for that matter c my pic that little car tracks if take a shit. When u dont have service it stores it and syncs. U can have tracking off it still tracks u. It wants every piece of info from u under the premise of hunting. But they sell the rest of the info

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
He’s saying the ranch owner’s lawyer is trying to use a saved waypoint as proof he trespassed. You can plot points anywhere at anytime, doesn’t mean you were ever there.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How does crossing a corner cost 7 million dollars. Oh because you are using public land as your own personal property and putting no Trespassing signs on it.

Eshelman, a wealthy North Carolina resident, has claimed that if corner crossing were permitted, the resulting public access to public land would devalue his 22,045-acre ranch by some 25% to 30%. That would amount to between $7.75 million and $9.4 million, according to WyoFile calculations made from his civil complaint and associated documents.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Fred owns the two adjacent sections to the blm sections and if the article is talking about jumping the section corners. Fred is saying that he owns the air on the section corners and that since hunters had to physically touch his properties air in the process of crossing said section corner they were trespassing? The article is confusing when they talk about the airspace predicament of the legal arguments.

This will definitely set a precedent one way or another and local hunters should be talking to their local politicians to make section lines have atleast a somewhat reasonable easement to allow the public legal access to public land.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
His lawsuit should be with the realtor who promised him exclusive access to thousands of acres he didn’t have to pay for. Seems like he wants to be John Dutton. He hired a few douchebag “ranch hands” to act tough and harass anyone who goes near his stuff. As far as the airspace they even harassed a pilot who flew in and landed on the BLM stuff. Guy needs a reality check and I pray the courts give him one.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Legal Boundaries are monuments on the ground placed by the original surveyor or a Registered Professional Land Surveyor. NOT an aerial photo with lines drawn on by Computer Technician.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84