Out of State Hunts

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gold is the best color I can describe him as. A kind of dark blonde. Definitely mature though. Nearly as tall as the barrel and nicely filled out.

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna apply in Montana for antelope now with Big j. And also looking into Wyoming for some different hunts just found a good connection by Cody.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is great information. Thank you!!

Just got back from MB bear hunting so I will weigh in here.

If you really want a bear, go to Canada. It's a whole other level. 5 of us in camp, and we saw 50+ bears over the the 5 days and that is still after 2 guys tagged on the first night and one on the second and another being done on the fourth. We saw chocolates, blondes, cinnamons, jet blacks, blacks with white patches, multi-colored, and one I can only describe as gold in color and probably close to that 300lb range. Brother in law tagged one that tipped the scale at 485lbs.

That being said, I want you prospective hunters to know what you are getting in to. I have a hard time calling it a "hunt". To me, it almost seemed like one step above a petting zoo. The bears are nearly without fear. The last evening I sat, when the outfitter drove me into the stand with the ATV, there was a bear up a tree. The guide dumped the bait and backed his ATV up to another tree to attach a trail camera and the bear came down and started inching into the barrel. He couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from the ATV.

If this is what you are looking for, a nice relaxing hunt with 100% opportunity, book it. I suggest mid-May as the biggest bears should be awake and have claimed their baits and they most likely won't be rubbed yet (although the outfitter said the bigger ones tend to not get rubbed). Plus, the bugs shouldn't be too bad yet, I think I saw one mosquito so its a good time to be in the woods and get over the winter cabin fever. If you are looking for more of an adventure, I would spend my money somewhere else. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will probably never go another one of these hunts.

murph

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Brother and I will be hunting Caribou out of Kotzebue, Alaska in September. Fly out, non-guided, non-outfitted hunt. Lots of planning happening at the moment to make sure we have the proper gear to survive the week but still stay under our 120# per person limit.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wyoming archery elk. SD should draw an any whitetail west river and an any whitetail east river for rifle. Archery any deer east and west river. Should draw an antelope rifle, gonna hunt northwest corner. Archery any antelope. Also Standing Rock any deer both archery and rifle. Gonna try real hard to kill a ND antelope. My schedule is back to normal so will be applying for black hill's deer seasons too. Possibility I may draw an archery Custer State Park early elk tag.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Montana is June 1st. SD is later in late July to early august.

When is Montana antelope due? How about SD?

- - - Updated - - -

Leave our ND antelope alone!!! ;:;bowdown

Wyoming archery elk. SD should draw an any whitetail west river and an any whitetail east river for rifle. Archery any deer east and west river. Should draw an antelope rifle, gonna hunt northwest corner. Archery any antelope. Also Standing Rock any deer both archery and rifle. Gonna try real hard to kill a ND antelope. My schedule is back to normal so will be applying for black hill's deer seasons too. Possibility I may draw an archery Custer State Park early elk tag.

James Scarlett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Montana is June 1st. SD is later in late July to early august.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave our ND antelope alone!!! ;:;bowdown

So can a SD resident apply for ND antelope? Sign me up! another hunt with the bullhead master!

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
So can a SD resident apply for ND antelope? Sign me up! another hunt with the bullhead master!

You've got to get a Standing Rock tag. They are sold out or possibly not offered this year for rifle. Not sure about archery tags for antelope. I went to Deadwood last weekend. Numbers aren't what they used to be but the traditional areas are all starting to have animals on them again.

James Scarlett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You've got to get a Standing Rock tag. They are sold out or possibly not offered this year for rifle. Not sure about archery tags for antelope. I went to Deadwood last weekend. Numbers aren't what they used to be but the traditional areas are all starting to have animals on them again.

10-4. Makes sense. I suppose those Standing Rock tags are pretty expensive?

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wyoming DIY Archery Elk this fall, next fall alaska drop camp moose pretty jacked about that one

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Applying for:
- ND rifle and muzzy
- ND elk
- ND moose
- MT bighorn sheep
- MT mountain goat
- ID bighorn sheep
- AZ desert bighorn sheep
- WY bison

buying points:
- WY elk
- WY deer
- WY antelope
- WY moose
- CO deer
- AZ elk
- MN bear
- UT elk

hunting:
- ND archery
- AB moose
- SD archery antelope?
- SD archery deer?
- MT mule deer?

I keep a very active application portfolio trying to plan hunts for several years in advance trying to complete my goal of the super 10 and half of the North American 29.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
How did the drawings turn out so far for you guys? I drew a rifle MT antelope tag and drew an easy mule deer doe tag in MT. SD denied me for an any deer with 5 points. Might try for a deer tag in the 3rd drawing in SD if there are some available. Maybe an OTC tag in Wyoming for antelope yet. I have the itch to hunt, bad.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was denied for all my out of state hunts: NM Antelope, ND deer rifle & muzzleloader, and MT Antelope.

I purchased points in WY for antelope, deer, and elk. Now that I'm a resident in SD, I have points for 16 various hunts within the state.

I drew my West River any deer tag and should draw my SD antelope tag as well!

It should be another fun fall!!

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was denied for all my ND tags except archery of course. Maybe next year will be lucky year for ND mule deer! Purchased Pts for Wy elk and deer again. Mt was sold out of leftover deer tags but was lucky enough to purchase a returned tag which if they get 10 or more they throw em online for sale again. Hunted the Powder River breaks last year and gonna try a different area this year and going out for opener so we can do some pack hunting if the weather cooperates.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
No ND rifle tags for myself or dad this year again. Wife drew a SW ND whitetail doe tag. Father in law drew another western unit mule deer tag, back to back years now, so hopefully can get him into another 170+ like last year. Archery ND tags for wife, myself, dad. October Elk hunt in Colorado again this year for dad and I. If time allow, SD over the counter deer bow tag. Currently in the planning stages for myself and wires hunt in Canada or Alaska for next year. Caribou or Moose.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to get out and chase one like this! The Elk..

bullelkbreaks700x406-1.jpg
[h=2]A Bull in the Breaks!
by angelamontana[/h]

With hunting season so close, many people are getting more and more excited about chasing elk, wolves, deer and whatever else people are after this time of year. Megan DeHaan, of Belgrade, harvested an incredibly amazing bull from the Missouri breaks last year–if that doesn’t get your blood pumping, I don’t know what will!
Excellent work, Megan, and we look forward to seeing your success pictures from this season!

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
How did the drawings turn out so far for you guys? I drew a rifle MT antelope tag and drew an easy mule deer doe tag in MT. SD denied me for an any deer with 5 points. Might try for a deer tag in the 3rd drawing in SD if there are some available. Maybe an OTC tag in Wyoming for antelope yet. I have the itch to hunt, bad.

Wyoming elk. SD west river any whitetail. SD west river archery any deer. East river archery any deer. Should draw east river any whitetail. Standing Rock rifle any buck, Standing Rock any antelope, Standing Rock any buck deer archery. Should draw muzzleloader SD any deer. And a couple doe tags for archery and muzzleloader.

Trying to put a caribou diy next year in Alaska.
Colorado next year otc for elk.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76