Out of State Hunts

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like you. In fact, I almost hate you.

Wyoming elk. SD west river any whitetail. SD west river archery any deer. East river archery any deer. Should draw east river any whitetail. Standing Rock rifle any buck, Standing Rock any antelope, Standing Rock any buck deer archery. Should draw muzzleloader SD any deer. And a couple doe tags for archery and muzzleloader.

Trying to put a caribou diy next year in Alaska.
Colorado next year otc for elk.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You got enough square inches of orange there big j?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'll be ok. I had two years of nearly no hunting because of grad school. I'm ready to get back to normalcy.

How is your DIY caribou hunt planning coming along? I've also considered it but have kind of run into a roadblock with the "no rental vehicles" on the Dalton highway issue.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big j gave me a red bad rep mark just now. If i knew how to do that i would fire one right back.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is your DIY caribou hunt planning coming along? I've also considered it but have kind of run into a roadblock with the "no rental vehicles" on the Dalton highway issue.

Ghost,

Have you checked into Alaska Auto Rental or Arctic Outfitters? No experience with either company but they are mentioned as a place to rent vehicles for the Dalton Highway.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not but thanks for the tip. I think archery would be how I want to do it so staying close to the highway is probably the best idea.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading up tomorrow morning, when I get back I can post some pics to keep the fire burning!

On a side note, I am in the Fairbanks area until Oct 2018. I am willing to help people out if able. Pick up at airport, shuttle service, meet and greet, possibly a hunt, etc. Let me know if I can help.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few pics for you Ghost;

Atigun Pass;

You will have a great chance at seeing a few of these;

The mighty Yukon River;

Gorgeous sights during the drive. FYI, this is the best stretch of road the entire trip just north of Coldfoot;

And expect snow in August!

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I build points every year in WY, AZ, MT, UT, CO and NV for different species like sheep, goat, elk, bison and lopes. Out of state tags i have in hand this year are CO deer ( Leave in 10 days :D ) MT deer and even heading east for the first time to deer hunt in MN with the girlfriends family. Was planing on going to WY to chase lopes again put missed the deadline and of course was the first year our unit sold out :(. Definitely will have AK moose hunt in the planing in the next few years.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you see a lot of grizz out on the tundra?

I didn't see any this trip while on the tundra. The 2 I saw were just south of the Brooks Range. I did talk to a couple of guys who had seen 4 while they were caribou hunting. They are definitely around.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Frosty, those pictures are sealing the deal. I'm going to do this even if I have to go by myself.

- - - Updated - - -

My Brother and I will be hunting Caribou out of Kotzebue, Alaska in September. Fly out, non-guided, non-outfitted hunt. Lots of planning happening at the moment to make sure we have the proper gear to survive the week but still stay under our 120# per person limit.

Lemme know how this one turns out please.

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't draw any tags but accumulated points for many states. 4 weeks away from heading to Alberta for archery moose though and cannot wait to hear the grunts of a bull again, it really gets the heart pumping! Just hoping I can get an arrow in one this time.

Might try try archery deer in SD late October....

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just received another red reputation mark on this thread haha. The comment was dont nit pick. How about this, pucker up and kiss my butt cheeks dumb and dumber style...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82