Out of State Hunts

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
What have you applied for this year and what do you plan to apply for, on any out of state (ND) hunt?

I have applied and was denied for New Mexico antelope. Next apps in were Deer B, Elk B (Fort Peck) and antelope in Montana. Next on the agenda would be an OTC archery tag for antelope in SD. Applications will be in for rifle antelope and west river any deer in SD. Purchasing preference points again in Wyoming for antelope and Elk.

What do any of you other fellas have on the agenda??

Big J

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that an over the counter tag? Hunting over bait? Do they grow them big? First time up there? A buddy of mine just got done with a spring time bear hunt in Idaho with dogs and after seeing the videos I'm quite interested!

Bear hunt in Ontario for me

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am on track for a ND muley tag so I am just purchasing another pp for region G in WY. If by some freak chance I don't draw ND I will buy a Mt tag for deer again this year.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like I need to get on a spring bear hunt sometime! Didn't know they were this popular!

Big J

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kansas whitetail already got my buck and doe results and SD antelope rifle so big j can be my guide. Prolly purchase points for SD west river And blackhills deer.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Applying for
Wy elk antelope
UT Elk deer
Iowa Deer
SD Antelope
AZ Elk
ND Deer

Hunting
ND Archery deer.
Manitoba Deer
Possibly Alberta deer if theres a last minute cancellation.

Wish I was back up in Alberta this very week like last year bear hunting.
Would love to go after this guy one more week.
alberta boone.jpg
Passed on this boar with two tags in my pocket, he was shot the next week. went 7' 1" chocolate. Promised my wife I was going for a booner or nothing. "to many rugs" He was a tough one to pass up with those colors but I wanted that pumpkin headed black bad!
alberta chocolate.jpg

Oh and look what showed up at the bait this spring up there, one big kitty!
Alberta lion bait.jpg

Last edited:

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who else has some out of state hunts planned? If you don't you should! There is alot of good opportunity out there and alot of these hunts can be done fairly reasonable.

Big J

James Scarlett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who else has some out of state hunts planned? If you don't you should! There is alot of good opportunity out there and alot of these hunts can be done fairly reasonable.

Big J

Can I hunt antelope with you in SD?

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes! Please! Don't forget to apply for your ND deer tag too!

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
denied in unit-specific spring bear lottery in WA, but can hunt fall season, which isnt unit specific, and is open to all

i wont be

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got back from MB bear hunting so I will weigh in here.

If you really want a bear, go to Canada. It's a whole other level. 5 of us in camp, and we saw 50+ bears over the the 5 days and that is still after 2 guys tagged on the first night and one on the second and another being done on the fourth. We saw chocolates, blondes, cinnamons, jet blacks, blacks with white patches, multi-colored, and one I can only describe as gold in color and probably close to that 300lb range. Brother in law tagged one that tipped the scale at 485lbs.

That being said, I want you prospective hunters to know what you are getting in to. I have a hard time calling it a "hunt". To me, it almost seemed like one step above a petting zoo. The bears are nearly without fear. The last evening I sat, when the outfitter drove me into the stand with the ATV, there was a bear up a tree. The guide dumped the bait and backed his ATV up to another tree to attach a trail camera and the bear came down and started inching into the barrel. He couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from the ATV.

If this is what you are looking for, a nice relaxing hunt with 100% opportunity, book it. I suggest mid-May as the biggest bears should be awake and have claimed their baits and they most likely won't be rubbed yet (although the outfitter said the bigger ones tend to not get rubbed). Plus, the bugs shouldn't be too bad yet, I think I saw one mosquito so its a good time to be in the woods and get over the winter cabin fever. If you are looking for more of an adventure, I would spend my money somewhere else. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will probably never go another one of these hunts.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything in MB is friendly, bears included. That's why I'm going to Ontario where the bears are vicious blood thirsty man killers. I'm going there knowing fully well my life will be in danger.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
The size of MB bears is better with outfitters whose territory is close to a park. The highest concentration of black bear anywhere in North America is around Dauphine, MB. Riding Mt. Natnl Park to the south, Duck Mt. Prov. Park to the north. Mosquitoes and biting flies can be bad in mid-May. Been there, done that. Be prepared with Gore-Tex clothing and light bite-proof gloves. A head net is advised.

Ghost, a big blonde? Unusual, because color phase bear tend to get darker with age.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75