Out of state pros

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like someone is in the market for a sheep costume...

- - - Updated - - -

oh snap, at least ya didn't send me a glitter bomb ya big ol' meany pants

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
MT just passed a law requiring purchase of an AIS prevention sticker. $2 for residents, $15 for non residents, and not just boat fisherman. They are using the money to help prevention and inspection efforts. Slowing this down CAN be done, regardless of what those "it's inevitable" folks say. Much of it is education but inspections are a must. I've said it before, every state should be like WY. State law to be inspected once you come into the state. Costs money but would certainly cut down on the average everyday folks who don't know better. I would guess the tourney guys would be well versed on the issue.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Now they say to take your boat to Canada you have to get it sanitized or face a fine, is this true?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been fishing Sak once or twice a year for the last 16 years and have enjoyed it immensely. Met a lot of great people out there and they have shared some great fishing advice with me. I even fished my first tournament at Beulah Bay last summer. Most of my fishing is done on Lake of the Woods since I live close to the area (I live in MN). As do many fisherman, I have a lot of respect for the lakes we fish and do my due diligence to clean my boat and trailer to stop the risk of invasive species. That being said, I have ran into the select few like Riggen&Jiggen that feel like they better then others because of the state they live in. In general, these are the same people that have never been farther then 50 miles from home and enjoy the company of sheep caught in a fence. Riggen&Jiggen=SHEEP FU**ER!

haha, Awesome.

I was a Fagroan 15 years ago, spent a lot off time up at lake of the woods. Beautiful area to fish. Ex father in law had a cabin at Jakes Northwest angle. Probably one of the top 5 nicest places I have ever been camping/fishing

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been fishing Sak once or twice a year for the last 16 years and have enjoyed it immensely. Met a lot of great people out there and they have shared some great fishing advice with me. I even fished my first tournament at Beulah Bay last summer. Most of my fishing is done on Lake of the Woods since I live close to the area (I live in MN). As do many fisherman, I have a lot of respect for the lakes we fish and do my due diligence to clean my boat and trailer to stop the risk of invasive species. That being said, I have ran into the select few like Riggen&Jiggen that feel like they better then others because of the state they live in. In general, these are the same people that have never been farther then 50 miles from home and enjoy the company of sheep caught in a fence. Riggen&Jiggen=SHEEP FU**ER!

Easy Rod. Have a liter of cola and take a breath.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
super-troopers-shenanigans-hey-hayden-whats-that-place-you-like-to-go-for-your-birthday-and-has-all-.jpg

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My observation from Minn is we can clean with steam and bleech after every use and I have over the years,when it came time to replace my live well aireator/pump last summer i had zeebs growning inthe lower hull,just ain't possible to get at these alien bugs w/o tearing the entire rig down and pulling up the sub floor,little bastards get into everything.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how many scientists are working on a way to eliminate these things? Whoever can figure it out stands to become a multi-millionaire.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My observation from Minn is we can clean with steam and bleech after every use and I have over the years,when it came time to replace my live well aireator/pump last summer i had zeebs growning inthe lower hull,just ain't possible to get at these alien bugs w/o tearing the entire rig down and pulling up the sub floor,little bastards get into everything.
So your saying we should ban all boats coming into our state, I can get on board with that.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying we should ban all boats coming into our state, I can get on board with that.

Well that ain't happening,but not a whole lot can be done with all the invasives we see today,we drain live/bait wells,dump minnows and water before we travel but coming off lakes that have these invasives its inevdival hitch hikers will attach,just taking water over the bow will infect a boat.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What ever douche bag Ramrod. I have been to a bunch of places out of state and have made sure my boat is clean and sanitized. If you want to puff your chest out go do it some where else Minnatard. I know several people that fished the NWT on Sak and other events. Through there experiences and mine you can quickly come to the realization that about 1/2 of the so called pros are a bunch of rich douche bags that can't fish. They are in it for the look at me aspect and don't give a damn about other peoples resources. So we can not rely on peoples word that they will do the right thing even if they are so called pros. Like usual ND is one of the last states to take action on protecting our resources from Sconis and Minnatards that set up decoys in ditches and fish with binnos.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we're all clear: if and when the ZM spread continues its march west- it will be the fault of nonresidents/ pro anglers. Zero chance it would be spread by the whole east half of the state that weekends/ vacations in MN lakes country, or birds, or giant snapping turtles searching for new territory, or bridge construction workers. Give me a break. I HOPE like hell ZM's don't show up in DL, but fear it's only a matter of time.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never once said that the spread of AINs will be because of pros or out of staters. However outdoorsman typically care less about resources that are not in their back yard. Also ND has a G&F department that historically is behind the curve managing our resources. So you have a bunch of boats coming to Sak that were just in areas that have zebra mussels. I believe everyone that cares about our waterways should be concerned that the appropriate actions are being taken.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84