Out of state pros

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully all of the sconis and minnatards cleaned their boats real well and did not spread any zebra mussels in Sak this past week. I wounder if our Game and Fish were smart enough to get a list of participants from NWT and called them to remind to disinfect their boats before they came over to pre-fish. I guess we will know in a year or two. I heard they found zebra mussels in the head waters of the missouri river in Montana. Sak is getting squeezed at both ends now.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be more concerned about the wakeboard boats with the internal bladders than all the tournament boats. I know a few folks who make the trip from east to west and back again, and bring their party yacht with them.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive thought about this as well. How much do most of these guys really give a shit? It only takes one or two jack-wads..and lets be honest, we know there are way more than one or two. Any boat that crosses a border should need to be inspected before it ever touches ND water. Granted i'm saying this as a guy who has never pulled a boat out of ND.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
All tournament boats require an ANS inspection, but hard to monitor pre-fish I guess.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im pretty sure I saw all boats in the NWT had to have their boat inspected at North Country Marine as they pulled into Garrison for the week. I tried to find the source to post link, but couldn't find it.

Maybe someone can confirm.

- - - Updated - - -

To add, even last year at a small company tournament they had a volunteer at the ramp that wouldn't let any tournament boat past the incline of the ramp until all bilge live well water was drained from the boat. I'm pretty sure this is a requirement of the NDGF for all tournaments.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope all the precautions taken will prevent them from getting into the systems in ND, but I doubt it will help in the long run. Eventually, I think they will be in the systems. I hope I'm wrong.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was an email sent out to all participants well before pre fishing began about an ans check and certification prior to starting to pre fish. I did observe them using as well, can't speak for all but check place was quite steady.

It's a little unfair for you to single out the tourney guys for this. I participate regularly in local events and they have an ans checklist for every tourney boat. I believe you are barking up the wrong tree if you are looking for the ones that are gonna bring it in.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the way up to DL sat -- i had a truck go by about 10 miles east of grand forks on hwy 2 -- truck with a trailer and used dock with plastic wheels etc - looked like plenty of sh!t and barnacles hanging on it -- looked Minnesota like. Heading west most likely to DL or some other surrounding lake.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think/would hope the pros and anyone that uses a boat on a regular basis would know better and be good about this type of thing. I can and have seen more casual not so experienced boat users do either a poor cleaning job or none at all.

Bobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota Game and Fish does NOT require an ANS Inspection for fishing tournaments. Lake Region Anglers and the Devils Lake Chamber Tournaments do require an ANS Inspection. This is stated in their rules.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reason I bring this up is because in the mid 90s when they held a pro event at Garrison we got curly pond weed shortly after. Sounds like they did address the issue which is good.

The used doc thing mentioned above could be a nightmare.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a couple gal jugs of bleach in my gravel floor shop, just dump in a qt when I put boat away and crank up the hitch so it drains, cheap insurance even if my boat never leaves the state.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys who fish the Red River need to be careful about cleaning all that Gumbo Clay that gets stuck to the bottom of their boat. Probably thousands off ZM eggs in that gunk.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think waterfowl would spread that crap pretty easy.

cavedude

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully all of the sconis and minnatards cleaned their boats real well and did not spread any zebra mussels in Sak this past week. I wounder if our Game and Fish were smart enough to get a list of participants from NWT and called them to remind to disinfect their boats before they came over to pre-fish. I guess we will know in a year or two. I heard they found zebra mussels in the head waters of the missouri river in Montana. Sak is getting squeezed at both ends now.

Give the guys a break. I didn't see a rant like this during paddlefishing when all the invasive species from eastern boats could travel down the Missouri River into Sak. Do your job of cleaning up your boat and hope everyone else does theirs.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you're barking up the wrong tree, R&J. I'll take the 100 tourney boats that don't leak, have a mindful sportsman behind the wheel, and an organization that takes ANS seriously. Look at the weekend warriors with MN, WI, and IA plates.

Ramrod

Been fishing Sak once or twice a year for the last 16 years and have enjoyed it immensely. Met a lot of great people out there and they have shared some great fishing advice with me. I even fished my first tournament at Beulah Bay last summer. Most of my fishing is done on Lake of the Woods since I live close to the area (I live in MN). As do many fisherman, I have a lot of respect for the lakes we fish and do my due diligence to clean my boat and trailer to stop the risk of invasive species. That being said, I have ran into the select few like Riggen&Jiggen that feel like they better then others because of the state they live in. In general, these are the same people that have never been farther then 50 miles from home and enjoy the company of sheep caught in a fence. Riggen&Jiggen=SHEEP FU**ER!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been fishing Sak once or twice a year for the last 16 years and have enjoyed it immensely. Met a lot of great people out there and they have shared some great fishing advice with me. I even fished my first tournament at Beulah Bay last summer. Most of my fishing is done on Lake of the Woods since I live close to the area (I live in MN). As do many fisherman, I have a lot of respect for the lakes we fish and do my due diligence to clean my boat and trailer to stop the risk of invasive species. That being said, I have ran into the select few like Riggen&Jiggen that feel like they better then others because of the state they live in. In general, these are the same people that have never been farther then 50 miles from home and enjoy the company of sheep caught in a fence. Riggen&Jiggen=SHEEP FU**ER!

bold move, cotton

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
image.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113