ozonics

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is not really what you believe it is the fact that a deer has more scent receptors than any dog, even a bloodhound.

You right. I was mistaken. Coyotes are about the same and some predators are better. I was under the assumption that the predator's nose is usually better than the prey.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it really just as simple as the number of receptors? Seems to me that not all scent receptors are created equal. I would imagine all critters have higher sensitivity to some smells vs. other critters.

For instance our nose is really sensitive to rotting smells (sulfur and amine compounds). Ethanethiol has a strongly disagreeable odor that humans can detect in minute concentrations. The threshold for human detection is as low as one part in 2.8 billion parts of air. They put this chemical (ethyl mercaptan) in with natural gas pipelines so we can detect leaks (that sewer smell).

Cadaverine, skatol, and putrescine are also detected at minute concentrations. Great names or what?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
i really wish ozonics would have worked for me and been that magical devise. I didnt just test it a couple time i sat with it over 20 times.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88