Personal Fishing Goals

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at other goals it doesn't seem so great,but I would like a 8lb walleye.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to Florida for spring training next year. I'll be hitting you (Msa) up for some tips.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, after three years of unsuccessfully chasing musky in minnesota, I would like to pull one out of audubon. My wife did on our first trip out...

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trying to get the kids whopper walleyes. I think they will get whopper smallies first though in Ashtabula.

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Teach my son all I know and hope he becomes a better fisherman than me. (some days he already is at 9 years old!)
Take my Dad on a great fishing trip, not sure where but he's getting up in years and need to get going on a plan.
Go deep sea fishing again and bad a Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Tuna and Halibut in Alaska.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish to relax and enjoy the day. Eating walleye is a nice bonus, but that's my main goal. I'm fishing a tournament next weekend so id like to win some coin. I'll be happy to get my money back, but my goal is to win it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This
20150907_174220.jpg

Ive got the rod n reel with almost 4,000 yards of line, the belt and shoulder harness, a plane ticket, and ten days on the water, all thats left is calm seas and a little luck.

Cool, good luck.

Do you eat these things or exactly what is done after the catch?
None of my business just curious.

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once I graduate college and hopefully have a steady job, I would like to catch and mount:
30" + walleye
44" + pike
15" + crappie
11.5" + gill
15.5" + perch

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
1st keep catching more and bigger fish than the wife haha

2nd add to my list of species or catch a bigger one

channel cat 15lbs (nebraska) 14 lbs in Sak
blue cat 10 lbs (nebraska)
flathead cat 12 lbs (nebraska)
bullhead 3 lbs (kansas farm pond)
walleye 8 lbs North Dakota in what is now a field
perch 13 inches Lake Darling
bluegill wife has me beat with her 11 inch 1.38 pounder
crappie 16 inches (nebraska)
Northern Pike 42 inches Sak
ling 3 lbs Sak this year I have only caught 1 so far
bowfin 32 inches (lake champlain, new york side) nasty looking fish, look like a cross between an eel and a catfish with teeth from a northern but they do put up a fun fight
white perch 10 inches (lake champlain, vermont side)
I don't count the trout I catch as the ones in Northgate taste worse than muddy in the cooler for 3 days bullhead
Smallmouth Bass 6 over 5 lbs in the chazy river in north east new york in 2 summers I know that will be hard to beat in North Dakota
Largemouth bass 7 lbs (Kansas)
white bass 4 lbs (irrigation dam in nebraska)
Muskie 38 inches (chazy river new york)

You really get around.

- - - Updated - - -

A goal for me would be to catch more fish than my dad does on a trip to LOTW. It never fail he always catches more fish than everyone the boat

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool, good luck.

Do you eat these things or exactly what is done after the catch?
None of my business just curious.

We get tags from NOAA atlantic apex predator program. Well take a few measurements, record date, location and method of capture, tag em, and let em go. Great hammerheads are protected, but we might keep a blacktip to cut up for the grill.

Depending on species, anywhere from 1% to 15% are re-caught and if any we tag are caught again we get the information sent to us, along with a nifty hat.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard that drum (aka sheepshead on the red) are great table fair and have valuable pearls in their head. I am going to stop fishing walleye, bluegill, perch, bass, northern, and crappies and focus on some drums. My goal is a 21.75 inch drum this summer.

Founding Member
Founding Member
17+ lb walleye
7+ lb smallie
Those are my goals.
"not in ND of course"

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
17 lb walleye and 7 lb smallie...!!!! Thats like a 240 inch nontypi muley or whitey haha. best of luck to ya!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh its possible Enslow.
I have a 15 lber right now and I know I'm in the right place because a guy I know has caught 3 in the last couple years in that 17-18 lb range himself. Heck they caught a 20.37 last year in that same pool we fish.

And 6 lb + smallies east of here are very possible I just need to get my butt out there in the spring!

We have a 231" ND muley "gross" so that 240 wasn't to far off either I guess. Ya gotta try right!

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
17 lb walleye and 7 lb smallie...!!!! Thats like a 240 inch nontypi muley or whitey haha. best of luck to ya!

I wasnt being sarcastic haha. I really do hope you catch those giant fish and certainly don't doubt you can do it.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
my goal is to get people with less experience and memories than me out fishing as much as possible... hope to get the grandkids out here late summer to go fishing... also, have some aunts and an uncle who are gonna finally take time to fish with me this summer... really hope to get them on some hot bites this year at dl and make some memories...

hoping to be able to find limits for the vets i take in the warriors on the water tourney at the hook this year, for whatever species they wan't to catch... plug for the event, but you will never have a more rewarding experience...

my fishing goals changed when my dad was first diagnosed with cancer... i asked him what he wanted to do, and he said "catch walleyes"... for the next 5 years, we fished 2-3 days per week whenever he was able, and that man caught more walleyes than most people will ever see in a lifetime... since then, fishing hasn't been about me... it has been about the memories i've made...

good luck all, and make memories every trip...

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
Born and raised in Kansas, 9 years in Nebraska, 2 1/2 years in the northeast corner of new york and now over 10 years in North Dakota so yes I guess I have gotten around

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh its possible Enslow.
I have a 15 lber right now and I know I'm in the right place because a guy I know has caught 3 in the last couple years in that 17-18 lb range himself. Heck they caught a 20.37 last year in that same pool we fish.

And 6 lb + smallies east of here are very possible I just need to get my butt out there in the spring!

We have a 231" ND muley "gross" so that 240 wasn't to far off either I guess. Ya gotta try right!

;:;bowdown

- - - Updated - - -

i need a 30+ inch spring walleye so i can get that big girl mounted on the wall for my future kick a$$ trophy room, 28 is the closest i have come, the 30 inch lady eludes me! Another goal would be some sort of salmon, not picky, on a fly rod... that would be magical...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88